How often do you Moisturize?

Nice

Hey Ladies,

I was just wondering how often you moisturize your hair. Twice a day, once a day, etc?

Thanks in advance!

karezone

It depends on how I am wearing it. If I am wearing it up I put extra moisturizer on the ends, If I am wearing it down, I spray with oil sheen because I don't want my moisturizer on my face, causing breakouts.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I moisturize everyday, morning and night. If I go home for lunch I will sometimes put a little on then. I am trying to treat my ends better than what I use to in the past.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
It depends on how I wear my hair:

When I wear my hair down, I don't moisturize as much... maybe oil my ends at night and use WGO on my hair & scalp every other day or every 3-4 days.

When I wear my hair in a bun, I re-do my bun and moisturize daily (morn & nite so 2X daily) with a moisturizer like Pantene R&N, ElastaQP Recovery, OR my new-found NTM leave-in cream! :grin:

tryn2growmyhair

At least twice a day. Lately, its been several times a day. My hair is always up so I dont have to worry about moisturizers messing up my style.

amy1234

when my hair is in a protective style- 1x/week when I wash and condition
when my hair is out/straight- 2x a week w/jojoba - I don't use it as often because it will wheigh my hair down too much.

CocoaButterflyy

depends on how I'm wearing it... when theyare in twists liek they are now I do it at night before bed... if it's pressed then in the morning and evening, if it's wild and out then everytime before I leave out the house into the elements

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
I confess! I am addictedto moisturizers. I moisturize several times a day, I have been faithfully doing this for 5 or 6 years. I just can't help myself. Although it weighs my hair down sometimes, I continue to do it. I now am in love :love: with tea tre oil! I guess I have just always been afraid that my hair would have that dried crispy look if I don't moisturize well.

L

LaNecia

tryn2growmyhair said:
At least twice a day. Lately, its been several times a day. My hair is always up so I dont have to worry about moisturizers messing up my style.

Usually morning and night, if I do cardio durning lunch, I'll right before and after.... My hair is up in flat twists so it's really convenient. I carry a little spray bottle in my purse now...

L

lkg4healthyhair

2x a day. At night when I put it up in a roller on top and wrap with a silk scarf and in the am when I style my bun...my hair gets really dry, I may add a little oil sheen or biosilk before I walk out the door for shine.

sweetcakes14

I moisturize my hair religiously every day, morning and night. Since December, I have been paying special attention to my ends and giving them a little bit more moisturization and I can see the results.

Shawn

How much moisturizer is enough? I find that my hair does not get moisturized unless I saturate it (I mean drenched!!) with the moisturizer, which means that I am very limited in my hairstyles--pony tails and the wet and wavy look.

Poohbear

Shawn said:
How much moisturizer is enough? I find that my hair does not get moisturized unless I saturate it (I mean drenched!!) with the moisturizer, which means that I am very limited in my hairstyles--pony tails and the wet and wavy look.
See, that's why I don't moisturize as much when I plan to wear my hair down. I don't want my hair to get out of place/shape and look like someone splashed water on it or something. When I wear buns or if I have my edges smoothed back in some type of style, I saturate my hair with moisture as well so it won't be dry & frizzy. :yep:

Poohbear

Ayeshia said:
4x a day...my hair is awful :(
Dagg girl! :eek: Do you take a moisturizer with you everywhere you go? What do you use to moisturize your hair? btw, your hair isn't awful...it's awesome! :grin:

Ayeshia

lol thanx poohbear :)...I meant to say awfully dry. The longer my gets, the drier it gets. I moisturize my hair when I get up in the morning with Biolage Daily Leave in Tonic and Mango Butter. Then I moisturize after I get back from my twelve o'clock class, before I go to dinner, and before I go to bed (which is about 2 am :D). I dont use a lot during the day. but just enuff so my head isnt greasy and icky feeling. At night I'll use Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer instead of the mango butter (not much comes in those little jars lol).

so1913

Ayeshia said:
4x a day...my hair is awful :(

Wooow. Do you use some sort of "spritz" throughout the day for moisture? I can't imagine having to apply other than a quick spray of something multiple times a day :-(

Well....your hair looks great, so whatever you are doing is paying off.