How often do you wash your hair?

How often do you wash your hair?

• Total voters

LadyRaider

When I started, I was washing about every other day. And then I settled into 2 times a week. Now I'm just this week trying to adjust to once a week. I am hoping that will help me with the "low manipulation" thing. I washed last Friday and I started getting itchy late last night (Wednesday.)

destine2grow

I'm curious...for those who wash 2x a week and more...do you guys do a dc or protein treatment (aphogee 2 min recon) with every wash?

I just recently switch to washing my hair once a week, however when I washed my hair 2x a week I always dc with moisture. I would on dc with protein if I need too. I switch to once a week because I was shampooing my fine strands too much. HTH

SmilingElephant

Depending on the seasons....like during the summer i wash every other day....2x co wash and 1x shampoo.

But right now its twice a week bc its getting colder....1x co wash and 1x shampoo.

almond eyes

I am still trying to find the perfect balance. I guess when I read the thread on the woman who did not wash her hair for 27 years and all the LHCF members were like well facial and body skin get dirty so we must wash that everyday and we wash our teeth everyday; it made me think hmmmmmmm that really makes sense. I have been known to wash twice a week, to once a month and even once per week. I think will go back to washing once every two weeks. I experimented with washing once a month and I felt that the build up of all the products on my hair and scalp was not the best thing for my strands even though I normally lose like a teaspoon normally in my detangling and wash process. I agree that the scalp does collect dirt very quickly like any body part. And when my scalp is not clean for some reason I can always tell in my face whether it has that fresh look or not. I think that the skin and scalp are very interconnected.

I went out one evening a few weeks ago to a Haitian concert and this woman had the most beautiful curly natural bra strap hair but it smelt bad and it was right up in my nose. So it made me rethink my position about going once per month especially since I moisturise and seal everyday.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I shampoo/dc 1x a week and co-wash 1x or 2x a week depending on how my hair feels. So my hair is wet every 2-3 days... it seems to help with my itchy scalp and help with product buildup. I know a lot of people worry about things like mineral oil in their haircare products but it doesn't seem to bother my hair because those products aren't in my hair for long.

Christelyn

For a while I was zealously washing once, twice per week. But my hair is fine and broke off under all that manipulation. Once I just started to wash every two weeks or more, I retained my length and finally got the longest portion of my hair to APL. When I got married seven years ago, my hair was mid-back and I remember washing about every three weeks, not combing, and just leaving it alone. It turned out to be a winning formula for me. I guess I'm going back to the basics.