How often do you wash your hair?

How often do you wash your hair?

• Total voters

poookie

i voted every other day! it's so soothing to get under the shower and skritch the heck out of my scalp without having to worry about messing up my hairstyle! plus i love a squeaky clean scalp.

LadyKaypnyc

I workout a lot, so I cowash almost every day, sometimes every other day.:yep:

I was wondering am I the only hair wash-a-holic out there. I love to wash my hair. I wash it every other day. Right now, but trying to wean myself down to 2 times per week or every 3 days. It's hard work for me. I don't blow dry just air dry into a ponytail on most days. If I have a special function I need to go to I will flat iron it into place.

I do find washing it often helps keep the itchies gone and my scalp can breathe easier.

How often to you guys wash your hair?

cmw45

I don't wash anymore. I just skritch and throughly rinse. :look: I do this a section at a time. The only thing I use in my hair is shea butter (the ONLY thing) and I use it when I braid my hair up once a week.

I know what ya'll are going to think...but my hair feels/looks good and my scalp is healthy so I'm gonna keep doin' it till it stops working.

Last edited:

mnemosyne

I co-wash every day to every other day (unless I've gotten a Dominican wash and set). I wash with ayurvedic powders once a week.

Tenacious

Err.... i wash my hair everyday.... There wasn't a poll selection for that...

(*covers head*) please don't pelt me with rocks, ladies!

I wash every two weeks. I've been on a personal challenge to stretch my relaxer without braids (which I love) for 3 months. I have one more month of my challenge left. My hair tangles easily when washing so the less I wash, the better. Plus, I dont load my hair up with products after washing. I use a creamy leave-in , blow-dry and flat iron.

poookie

I used to cowash every other day. my hair grew like crazy, and the new growth came in super soft & moisturized, but it was killing the ends of my super fine hair. now i wash just once a week, and my hair is doing just fine :)

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Now that I am natural, I shampoo 1x a week to avoid tangles and strand knots. On wash day, I: prepoo, clarify, shampoo then DC under heat. I henna 1x a month.. so during that week, I skip the prepoo,skip clarify, skip shampoo and do my henna on lightly spritz hair then I DC :blush3:Wow that looks like a bunch.

Jewell

1 or 2 times a week depending on my energy level and whether I feel like dealing with my hair. Sometimes I go 10 days. :look: I work a lot from home (45-50 hrs/wk) and I am a stay-at-home mom to a 1 yr old, so my hair often takes the back burner!! Fortunately, it likes once a week or less washing and likes to be left alone. :yawn: Was thinking about washing it tonight, but kinda tired.

Black Hoya Chick

once a week with my Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo

products tend to build up on my hair quick because I am heavy handed

Last edited:

mswoman

WHen I exercise daily, I cowash daily because I don't want the salt to ruin my hair. If not, I wash about every other day because I use MT

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
It depends. Most of the time it's once a week. It needs to be more like 2 or 3 but washing my hair is an all day affair and I just can't devote that much time to it.

STLCoverGirl

If I'm wearing my hair curly , I'll cw every day/every other day. If I straighten, I wear wear it straight one week and then do braidouts or bantu knots for another week to two weeks....so, every 2-3 weeks sometimes.

Anaksunamon

If I am wearing it curly I cowash those days.

But I really do not like to wash it much, so if I straighten it or wear it natural (which means in a protective style) I will wash it that day and then stretch it out to see how long I can go without washing it.

I even tried some waterless powder shampoo once but it was weird and its too hot where I live. When its 100+ everyday it feels good to have water run on your scalp. I am going to try seasalts though when it gets cooler to see how long I can stretch no shampooing.

So for me it can be anywhere from daily to 17-19 days.

PinkSkates

During the summer months I shampoo my hair 3-4 times a week, since I keep my hair in its natural state during those 3 months. All the rest of the year I shampoo once per week.

baddison

natural for good
2x's per week RELIGIOUSLY....its like an obsession for me. Wednesday is mild-protein-day ; Saturday is moisture-day.