How often do you wash your hair?

How often do you wash your hair?

• Total voters

sillygirl82

I co-wash every few days. I wash with shampoo after 2 or 3 co-washes to remove any buildup.

So I picked "other."

Miss Monae

I wash every other day when stretching or during the summer. If I wait 3 days my scalp has a fit. In the colder months, i can go longer without so i wash 1-2 times a week.

Truth

I use to wash it every other day...but due to the fact that I had to have tubes put in my ears and I can't get water in them, i've cut back my washin to once a week... I might squeeze it up to 2xs a week tho...

Last edited:

longhairlover

normally I used to wash once a week, when I work I wash once a week, but since i'm home for the moment I wash 2x;s a week, I have an oily face so id' rather keep my scalp clean and it helps with my face staying clear and less oily also. I may flat iron with each was depends on if i'm going out or have things to take care of but I try not to flat iron every wash.

I see i'm not the only one that washes twice a week I feel better now.

Ronnieaj

I picked 2x/week, which is true fur the summer. When it starts getting cold I cut out 2 washes a month, so I guess I should've picked other. :ohwell: My hair complains in the summer if I don't wash often; not so much in the winter.

LuyshuZ

For the past couple months I've been co-washing daily or wetting my hair with my spray bottle until completely saturated. I wash just to try new techniques of air drying wash and go's:perplexed and then re-wet... I have too much time on my hands. my hair can be saturated with water up to 3x per day and moisturized with 3 different conditioners just to see the end result. That's what 16.5 months post gets you:spinning:

Last edited:

lilanie

When my hair was in the best condition, I usually washed daily... Now, I am kind of lazy due to hats or no destination (student waiting for school to start) - and probably wash more like once a week...

I did get my second wind back today/last night; sat with with Lustrasilk's Liquid Chlorlestoral (I should get up and look at the bottle, lol) overnight, followed up with Parnevu Leave In, with a lil of Queen helene's cocoa butter oil massaged in... Plan to do this all over again tomorrow night...

lila_baby

EVERYDAY WITH SHAMPOO!!! I do want to cut back because this constant washing is what's stopping me from transitioning- too much breakage at the demarcation line due to too much manipulation

fe6968

I wash co-wash 2x a week on dry hair, no shampoo, only conditioner:grin::grin::grin::grin:

naturalmanenyc

I was cowashing everyday for a while but this week I have only washed once (Tuesday). I have been spritzing my hair with water each night & using Shea Moisture leave-in before braiding. I am probably going to wash 2x's this week and wear braid outs or twist outs.

Sapphire_chic

I wash with shampoo every few weeks, maybe a month.
I cleanse with bentonite clay or baking soda once a week
I may co-wash up to 4 times a week.

yardgirl

Does co-washing count? Because I cowash on a Tuesday and do a full wash on a Friday. Keeping my scalp clean is key if I'm going to reach my goal length

ChristmasCarol

2x on average - less in the winter. My mother and aunts only wash their hair 1x per month. YUUCK! Of course they are also sporting TWAs, not by choice, but because they refuse to take care of their hair.

Live4Me

I think I misread. When I think wash I think shampoo. I wash with shampoo once a month. Maybe twice. But I co-wash 2-3 times weekly.

Bene

I wash whenever my hair tells me it wants a wash, so it varies. Anywhere between every 2 to 5 days. With shampoo. I haven't tried to co-wash.