How often do you wash your hair?

Integrity

This includes rinses as well.<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1043856171pandora">

How often do you wash your hair?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />At least once a day
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Twice a week
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Three times a week
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />Once a week
<input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />Each fortnight
<input type="radio" name="option" value="6" />Once a month
<input type="radio" name="option" value="7" />Once every 3 months
<input type="radio" name="option" value="8" />Hardly ever
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Integrity

at the moment i only have the time for evry 4 days or twice a week. but boy, by the 4th day my hair is screaming for some water!

NAY007

i wash my hair every three but mostly four days. this works just fine for me. i think i could go longer too, but my hair do gets sticky from the oil and moisturizers and of course sweat (yummy /images/graemlins/lick.gif)

pmichael52172

You forgot to include bi-weekly (once every 2 weeks).

I wash bi-weekly. Have no itchy problems or anything. In that two week period, I lightly oil my scalp about 4 times. My scalp in the crown area seems to get drier than any other area... I wonder why?

Other than that, I lightly spread a balm around my wrap before I take it down.

I never have a problem with buildup and my hair stays glossy... not greasy, not sticky.

Integrity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pmichael52172 said:
You forgot to include bi-weekly (once every 2 weeks).

[/ QUOTE ]
pmichael,

once every 2 weeks is 'each fortnight' and that is an option in the poll! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dandy112

Hi Pandora,

I wash two times a week, and sometimes if I can squeeze it in I will do a conditioner wash! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

pmichael52172

once every 2 weeks is 'each fortnight'

[/ QUOTE ]

Pandora,

I never knew that. I should have put that in the post about things you didn't know but were afraid to ask /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
It's funny because I responded to your bi-weekly post.

Could you explain the break down of the term fortnight? Seriously, I'm not familiar with this word.

canuck

twice a week - i tend to swim two times a week. In spring/ summer i tend to rinse everyday!

can't wait for spring...! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Integrity

pmichael52172 said:
once every 2 weeks is 'each fortnight'

[/ QUOTE ]

Pandora,
Could you explain the break down of the term fortnight? Seriously, I'm not familiar with this word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked up www.dictionary.com It says:

3 entries found for fortnight.
fort·night ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrtnt)
n.
A period of 14 days; two weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Middle English fourtenight, alteration of fourtene night , fourteen nights : Old English fowertne, fourteen; see kwetwer- in Indo-European Roots + Old English niht, night; see nokwt- in Indo-European Roots.]

pebbles

Thanks for that, Pandora. I'm sure a lot of folks were never too sure how long a fortnight is. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Destanee

I'm doing a modified no poo, so I'll wash with shampoo about 2x per month.

But I do rinse everyday with conditioner.

pmichael52172

Don't edit the poll! Leave it like it is... like my mom always says... if you don't know, look it up. You'll understand the word rather than just repeating it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Katrine

Okay I chosed twice a week even though I do rinse one more time a week. But it is not a conditionerwash just a rinse with conditioner and a combing.

I tried to wash once a week and rinse once a week but I began to get dandruff /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Katrine

Lindy

I would like to know, for you ladies who wash your hair more than once a week, what do you do? I'm assuming that you airdry? I can't imagine that anyone does roller sets more than once a week??!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif Do you use the ponytail method, twist/braid outs, or what??

pebbles

Hi Lindy, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I wash my hair every 3 days and I air dry. Sometimes I might rollerset my hair, but that's rare. I usually just let my hair hang loose. I wish I could rollerset every time, but I can't. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Robin41

Twice a week: I hot oil/shampoo/deep condition every Friday night ("hair did night") and CO wash on Tuesday nights.

Since I'm wearing protective styles all the time now, it's easier to get in that CO wash on Tuesdays in addition to my regular Friday night routine. Afterwards, I'm just pulling it up into a ponytail or bun or braiding it, tying on a silk scarf and letting it air dry overnight. In the a.m., I slip on the d/s ponytail or whatever and I'm out the door! I love it!

NAY007

lindy,

i usually air dry in two braids or one braid. i will do more roller sets though. but i already know that that will be some WORK and i'm so lazy....

Lindy

That is awesome, you guys! I'd like to wash mine more than once a week as well, but since it is color treated, I think this might make my color fade out more!

Wow; you actually let your hair air dry hanging down??!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif How does it look when it's dry?? Doesn't it get frizzy?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Integrity

i airdy with my end down. as long as i apply moisturizers like pink oil, scurl, world of curls and seal it with petroleum jelly, the ends are NEVER frizzy that way.

londongirl3

Doesn't washing your hair really coincide with whether your hair is relaxed or natural (And its condition) and also on how much activity you do?

I can't give a straight answer unless I tick every where /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I fluctuate really depending on whether I have gone to the gym or not. I also stretch out the period of washing when I braid to about 2 weeks(10 days or so). When I do go to the gym I definitely need a rinse to get rid of all the sweat. If I don't go to the gym and I don't have braids then I will go for one week.

Armyqt

Pandora, this is a really cool post!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wash 2x per week. Tuesday and Friday. During the warmer months, I rinse almost every day and let the conditioner sit in my hair until the next day when I rinse again.

Faith

I couldn't find a suitable answer in the responses. I wash whenever the feeling hits. Every 1-4 weeks while in braids. And every 1-2 weeks when out of braids.