How often do you wash your hair?

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I wash 1-2x weekly but the manipulation on wash day no matter how gentle is becoming a problem. Thinking about stretching my wash days farther. How about you? Do you feel your hair retains length better with fewer or more washes?

BonBon

I have a wash day 1x every 3-4 weeks.

I get the full retention of my inches this way as I have tiny, fine coils. I will do this until the end of next year when I plan to burn my wigs :look:

After that I will be washing every 1-2 weeks

TeeBee

I feel that the "damage" you do on wash day will still be waiting for you..whether you're washing daily, biweekly, monthly etc. Just do the best you can at minimizing the stress you put on your hair. I can really only go 2 weeks without washing, and only if my hair is stretched. I'm not sure how tangled your hair gets..so don't wait too long.

Last edited:

faithVA

I wash weekly. Even though my hair may be able to go longer, my scalp needs water on it more frequently. Optimally my scalp would like a good dose of water every 4 days, but due to the length of my hair I only do every 6 to 7 days.

Lilmama1011

I wash weekly because I don't want to do too much manipulation. I have never tried washing twice a week so I don't know if it would be good for my hair but I assume I would loose more hair because I'm manipulating it to much

GettingKinky

I wash weekly. I would wash 2x per week but I air dry and I don't like going around with a wet head. My hair doesn't tangle very much (knock on wood) so the manipulation isn't really a problem.

alanaturelle

I washed once a week and cowashed twice a week. I do wash in twists though to lessen the manipulation damage and avoid knots and tangles. I finger detangle and only comb during my weekly deep condition. I hope this helps, :)

Lovestyr

I wash my hair 2x a week and I find my hair more easier to style with the increased moisture, in which helps with less breakage . It makes me wonder how in the world my hair managed pre lhcf days, washing it every 2 weeks and that's if I had the extra money to go to the salon.

Fhrizzball

every 2/3 weeks. I don't keep it on schedule so I go based on how my scalp feels. Water does touch my hair way before then though in the form of a moisturizer or to reset my hair. If I'm doing a curlformer set or something it's once a week as any longer and my roots get matted and tangle too much.

greenandchic

I wash 2x week. I shampoo (more like scalp washing) once and cowash or use a cleansing conditioner on alternate washes.

When I wash less, I experience more shedding, probably because my scalp needs to be cleaned more often. I sweat a lot at the gym so that's probably part of the reason.

With frequent washes, my hair is more moisturized (I DC 2x week), and easier to manage with less shedding. My hair has more tangles (even protective styling) when I wash less often.

Last edited:

youwillrise

often.

usually condition rinse 5 days a week
shampoo every other week.
DC once a week.

now that i have twists in, i'm trying to reduce it to 2 or 3 times a week at most.

MissTripleChoc

I wash my hair weekly for two reasons my scalp needs cleansing as I get dry itchy scalp and my hair benefits from being immersed in water which helps with the elasticity of my hair

IMFOCSD

I wash about 2-3 times a month.. I'm very lazy when it comes to washing, I barely touch or see my hair unless I'm redoing my two strand flat twists... or applying my scurl.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Several times a week.

This can range from every other day to once every 4 days.
My scalp is not about that life. After 4 days I have to wash.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Fewer washes is better because the manipulation is too much. I average 1x weekly until a lot of ng shows up. I then consider 2x weekly but really try to stick with 1x.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I washed once a week and cowashed twice a week. I do wash in twists though to lessen the manipulation damage and avoid knots and tangles. I finger detangle and only comb during my weekly deep condition. I hope this helps, :)

Yes. Thank you. I don't even think it's the frequency with me. It's how I've been washing my hair, that's been detrimental to my strands.

Naphy

I wash my hair 1x / week ! It's getting cold those days, so I'm not really into cowashing and all ^^