How Often is too Often to Wash Relaxed Hair?

bajanplums1

[ QUOTE ]
NYCQT16 said:
i wanna know too..i'm getting a touch-up this weekend after 13 weeks /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to see the post-relaxer pics.

VelvetRain

I have always washed mine every three days. I see nothing wrong with washing your hair often as long as your putting some moisture back into your hair. I think every day is a little too much.

lovechic

SOME PEOPLE WASH THEIR HAIR EVERYDAY WITH NO PROBLEM!!! AND YOUR LIFESYLE DETERMINES IT FOR SOME... SAY FOR INSTANCE IF YOU WORKED IN A DUSTY, SMOKEY ENVIRONMENT, MORE THAN LIKELY YOU NEED TO WASH YOUR HAIR MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON... I KNOW I WOULD! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

webby

Think Slim
co-signing what Allandra said.

I personally cannot wash my hair more than once a week. It just gets too dry, regardless to the amount of moisture I add.

lovechic

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
I'm a twice a week girl but I'm trying to hold out to one whole week. It's hard for me though!

[/ QUOTE ] ME TOO SG!!! I WASH 2 TIMES PER WEEKLK...USUALLY! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Desert Skye

yup i wash my hair every 3 days but sometimes i do it sooner. My hair doesnt get dry from the washing, it only gets dry if i apply heat too often.

KAddy

Every 2 days is not too much. I used to shampoo my hair every 2-3 days when I damaged my hair a few years ago. I just have become lazy (Have too much to do) so now I just shampoo once a week.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
IMO, it's pretty much an individual thing / what your hair prefers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I wash my hair every 3 days when I'm wearing it out any thing longer than that and my hair gets dry feeling. When I am wearing a phonytail I can go a week without washing.

EXSQUISIT

I wash my hair once a week with shampoo, but I have been known to do conditioner washes sometimes 3-4 days a week after a heavy workout.

Boadicea

I switch between washing my hair every day to every other day to every two days. It all depends on how I feel and/or what I'm doing at the moment. Right now, I'm doing the baggie method so I'm washing my hair every other day. At least, for now.

Lorraine

My hair is relaxed and before the season changed and it got cold I washed daily to three times a week. I always make sure I apply a thick moisturizer to my entire head -- root to ends. I think the wash and wear contributed to my growth as well as my diet and avoiding heat. As long as you are gentle when you wash and sculpt your hair I don't see why it would be a problem. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

candycane

I currently try to wash 2 times a week but my life tends to be so busy sometimes that I can't always do that. But I always manage to get in at least 1 wash.

candycane

NYCQT16

Natural Again
Good advice and once I get my digi-cam from my BF bajanplums, I will post pics...I hoping to see some length b/c I've been a lil discouraged

dreemssold

Every 2 days is not too much, imho. I would make at least every one a week a co wash, though, but that's just an individual preference. When I Surge, I wash twice a day. No problems whatsoever.

hairlover

i'm relaxed 4a/b and i wash my hair everyday. the most i can go without washing is 3 days tops. my scalp start to itch badly if i try to go any longer than 3 days. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

ms_kenesha

Those that wash their hair everyday what do you do to style it, esp. now that it's getting colder?

And when you say wash is this with shampoo or a conditioner wash, because I wouldn't advise anyone to wash with shampoo everyday *too drying*.

jellynote

i wash my hair every 3 days. i tried to do the once a week thing because of my 3 month old, but my scalp would become really itchy so i had to go back to every 3 days. i agree with what allandra said.

Isis

I wash every 3 days which keeps my hair moisturized, 4 days at the most. I don't have the time to wash every 2 days or everyday. I'm sure my hair would thrive from all that moisture though. It's an individual preference.

LABETT

I do daily co wash one week and wash my hair twice a week shampoo and conditioner the next week.
My Nairobi Hydrating shampoo say it can be used daily I have tried it yet.

Britt

How do u ladies dry your hair when u wash it so often? I get home around 9pm during the week. Its getting colder here in NY and I don't really want to go to sleep with a wet head cause it most certainly won't be dry by the morning. How do u guys dry your hair?