How Olaplex saved my hair….

Lucia

Hi Ladies, :wave:

I haven’t been around in a while I’ll blame coronavirus and life. Anyways I was doing ok with the crochet braid installs and made some progress but then I suddenly had some dryness splits and breakage partially from not being able to keep up with take downs and wash days and partially loosing hair to matting and knots. When I tried to detangle even with thick conditioners with slip and detangling sprays and holy grails there was wads of hair in the comb and in my hands. So I had to act. Well the damage on my ends wasn’t too bad I cut total over 2 months 2-3 inches off my ends to have a fresh start.

I also broke my piggy bank and $$plurrged on the entire Olaplex home care line. I had to, nothing was working, none of my old staples were able to fix the extreme dryness brittle rough ends and no curls, at all to be found. I was desperate then I saw some reviews by some YTubers I follow on Olaplex. I also learned about capillary hair schedules it’s just a plan to do certain treatments every other day or week.
Well I’ll link the YouTube videos about Olaplex and Curlsmith (which I have not tried yet). The reviews showed that Olaplex gave visibly better results Than Curlsmith which I’m sure is a good product.

So here’s what I did to get my dry damaged brittle hair back into shape.
I did a hot oil treatment with the innate life scalp treatment and blue beautify Amalaki oil only scalp, used innate life herbal hair mask on the length then oil over it. Heat capped for 30 m-1 hour and let that sit overnight, shampooed it out the next day.

Now I pulled out the big guns Olaplex. On slightly damp hair:

1. Applied #0 from roots to ends put on a plastic cap and heated for 30m the instructions state 10 min)

2. Applied #3 over #0 without rinsing zero out focusing on the ends. I was able to finger detangle and detangle with a wide tooth comb hardly any knots, and my hair felt stronger. (that gives you deeper repairing of the hair bonds) heat capped for 1 hour the left that on overnight with a plastic processing cap. Btw this step Olaplex must be damp or wet to work. Again my hair was in bad shape, this was literally damage control.

3. Shampooed this out the next day with Olaplex #4 then DC with #8. My hair started to come back and so did some curls. I was also able to detangle with ease hardly any hair coming out.

4. I did the first of 2 trims all the splits and knots and roughness I could feel.
5. Then I applied #5 the rinse out conditioner that usually follows #4 on a regular day left that on for 10 min and detangled again.
6. Squeezed the water out of my hair and applied Olaplex #6 and 7 the oil together extra on the ends. Wow! my hair felt like hair again not dry straw.
I repeated this for a month and did a DC with TGIN Honey Miracle Mask under the steamer for 30 min after the Olaplex full treatments.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Olaplex Curlsmith or any other products mentioned or listed here. I’m just posting what worked for me and maybe it can help you too if you need.

Last edited:

LushLox

OP it’s amazing that you’ve benefited from it. Yes it’s expensive but personally, I’ve become so dependent on it, that if I needed to I would simply strip back on all of my other hair care favourites just to accommodate this brand, it’s that good.

I didn’t enjoy such good length retention until I tried Olaplex.

TLC1020

Great review hun! I'm glad you found a product that helped your hair.
Olaplex No. 0 & No. 3 saved my hair. I have a Sephora bag full of 8.5 fl of No. 3. I am so thankful for it.