How Satan stops our prayers

momi

This is an old article but it has blessed me to read it and was definitely for me...

Just sharing and passing it on, for all who are interested.

Thanks for sharing this Laela... this phrase really stood out to me:

"Teach the people to set aside some time, not just for some casual praying, they can do that the rest of the day. Once a day, they should have a time when they are focusing wholeheartedly on God, without any distractions. "

Successfulmiss

This struck me to the core and I got a breakthrough this morning! I am so grateful as well for my heavenly prayer language & being fire baptized. I have so much more clarity this morning and I am shedding away layers by coming into agreement with the Holy Spirit and demanding breakthrough come forth in the spirit!

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Amein, momi.... :yep:

Thanks for sharing this Laela... this phrase really stood out to me:

"Teach the people to set aside some time, not just for some casual praying, they can do that the rest of the day. Once a day, they should have a time when they are focusing wholeheartedly on God, without any distractions. "

Successfulmiss.. @ bolded, but God. Hallelujah!!
I'm glad to hear the OP was a blessing for you as well... :yep:

This struck me to the core and I got a breakthrough this morning! I am so grateful as well for my heavenly prayer language & being fire baptized. I have so much more clarity this morning and I am shedding away layers by coming into agreement with the Holy Spirit and demanding breakthrough come forth in the spirit!

mellowmel

I read this thread when it was started. For the last 2 days, I've felt the urge to get back on the Christian forum and search the internet and read my bible about things coming to me. Re-reading that article sheds some light on what I feels happens to me or many people in general. We're fired up about Christ and praying and for some reason one day it just stops and sin comes in. We must continue to wear our armor of God and not let the demonic spirits tempt us and close our opening to heaven.

Last edited:

mscurly

I read this thread when it was started. For the last 2 days, I've felt the urge to get back on the Christian forum and search the internet and read my bible about things coming to me. Re-reading that article sheds some light on what I feels happens to me or many people in general. We're fired up about Christ and praying and for some reason one day it just stops and sin comes in. We must continue to wear our armor of good and not let the demonic spirits tempt us and close our opening to heaven.

Thanks for bumping this article mellowmel This was my first time reading it but definitely on time for me. I was so on fire for God and my walk was so strong I felt the spirit of God with me daily. Over the last few months I allowed Satan and his attacks to come in between.

Doubts of my faith and what I had been praying for started to come in. But thank God for the holy spirit because lately I felt the need to come back, repent for my faith dwindling and restore my fellowship with Christ. I started to feel guilt and shame for not praying and reading the Bible as much and allowing my heart to not be fully commited but thanks be to God he says he will never leave me and will call back his children unto himself.

I'm here Lord with an open heart to recieve you!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
This was encouraging to read... and serves as a great reminder for me.

I read this thread when it was started. For the last 2 days, I've felt the urge to get back on the Christian forum and search the internet and read my bible about things coming to me. Re-reading that article sheds some light on what I feels happens to me or many people in general. We're fired up about Christ and praying and for some reason one day it just stops and sin comes in. We must continue to wear our armor of God and not let the demonic spirits tempt us and close our opening to heaven .

Texasdymond

Bumping this thread. I've been experiencing a lot of set backs in my faith. I know it was no accident that I came across this article. I pray that it continues to bless the readers and cause everyone of us to prioritize the Kingdom of God, and to not grow weary in our well doing.

ToyToy

Also bumping. Like mellowmel I was really prayerful last year and it suddenly (or maybe gradually) stopped as I became disappointed that things I was hoping for hadn't manifested.

I've gone through a lot of spiritual turmoil over the last 10 months and am only now getting myself back on track and experiencing peace. I'm reading my Bible more, surrounding myself with scriptures, just finding excitement in reading God's Word as well as spending quality time with Him :grin:.

It's so important not to give up and allow oneself to be open to attacks from the enemy. Psalms 32:7-8 is my encouraging scripture for the day.

MSee

Wow, God is sure doing a work on me. I felt a strong urge to come on LHCF tonight, after a loooong break. As I read the article, I know why and I know what I need to do. Thanks @Laela and may God bless you. Thanks to the one who bumped it.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Praise God for this thread! He knows what I struggle with and this article came right on time! Thanks for bumping this thread! Now I just need Him to lead me to a mentor.

NICOLETHENUMBERONE

I remember this. This is so true about sinning and your prayer life. I remember this man said he used to speak in tongues and then he began to fornicate with his girlfriend and the next day he wasn't even able to pray in tongues again.

joy2day

@Laela , thank you so much for bumping this article. I didn't see it the first time around, but I receive this today. So much to digest, but the part that struck me most was the part that stated that when we don't put on our armor in prayer, our angels are left without armor! My God! Many of us were never taught the order of prayer! Put on the full armor of the Lord, EVERY DAY!

ilong

God's Own
@Laela - I realize you started this thread 4 years ago, but I just saw it last Tuesday. As you can imagine it was a little unnerving, so much so that I was actually troubled. I asked God to please reveal to me if this is true or not.

Later in the week, an executive and I were on the topic of work behaviors and the conversation evolved to a discussion on Christian behaviors. (Both of us are believers and Christians) I used the opportunity to share some points in this article, along with how I've experienced some of the tactics described in the article. Although I shouldn't have been, I was surprised when my colleague described similar experiences and other recounts and stories of people who've lived in the "evil realm". Perhaps that was God telling me that it is true.

What the article has motivated me to do, even more so, is pray that 1.) God continually surround me and my family with a legion of his angels; 2.) the Holy Spirit leads and guides us every day, and; 3.) God helps me to continually put on HIS full armor.