"How should I Know?" (this is a stupid vent)

diamondlady

Out to lunch with co-workers and this lady comes into the restaurant with a lace wig, in a high ponytail. It was so messed up, it was embarrassing. The edges were peeling up in the back, some kind of tape or something was showing, it was a strange color and one side was looked really strange, I really can’t tell you what was going on there. She had something that looked just nasty.

Why did one of my co-workers ask ME what was going on with the lady’s hair??? This was asked in serious tone, not joking. I said, I don’t know her so I don’t anything about her hair. But if you are that interested, there she is, ask her.

"Well, your hair always looks so nice, I thought you might know" WHAT??? I don't know what wrong with this lady. I just ignored that last part and kept eating.

locabouthair

Maybe she thought you knew a lot about hair since yours always looks good.

ETA: I just saw your album and you made great progress. Beautiful hair! What's your reggie?:grin:

jasmin

Because they think all black people know each other and about each other. I remember my own co worker and another annoying white lady on another floor asking me if I knew someone that was obviously on another floor because she was black. I just said that I didn't know her. Next time if those people ask me I'm going to ask them why would I know and look at them like they are crazy. They don't get how ignorant they are.

Last edited:

diamondlady

Maybe she thought you knew a lot about hair since yours always looks good.

ETA: I just saw your album and you made great progress. Beautiful hair! What's your reggie?:grin:

Awwww, Thanks (I'm really cheezing) I'm a PJ so I don't have a good regimen. I wash 2X a weeks, alway DC (20min. w/ hood dryer) with my own cocoction of olive oil, coconut oil and Motions reconstructor, then follow that up with NTM moisture mask. I'm using "no heat" roller set right now. Relax 3 or 4 times a year and Henna every 3 or 4 years.

diamondlady

Because they think all black people know each other and about each other. I remember my own co worker and another annoying white lady on another floor asking me if I knew someone that was obviously on another floor because she was black. I just said that I didn't know her. Next time if those people ask me I'm going to ask them why would I know and look at them like they are crazy. They don't get how ignorant they are.

I've had that happen to me also but depending on where I am and the circumstances, I will ask them, "Do u Know every white person in the building?" I thought that was changing but there will always be one

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Out to lunch with co-workers and this lady comes into the restaurant with a lace wig, in a high ponytail. It was so messed up, it was embarrassing. The edges were peeling up in the back, some kind of tape or something was showing, it was a strange color and one side was looked really strange, I really can’t tell you what was going on there. She had something that looked just nasty.

Why did one of my co-workers ask ME what was going on with the lady’s hair??? This was asked in serious tone, not joking. I said, I don’t know her so I don’t anything about her hair. But if you are that interested, there she is, ask her.

"Well, your hair always looks so nice, I thought you might know" WHAT??? I don't know what wrong with this lady. I just ignored that last part and kept eating.

Is the coworker white? I am coming to find that I have become the "all inclusive" black woman of the office. You know, the black woman thats knows all there is to know about every single black person, trend, style, issue in the history of all black folx. I am tired of it...

diamondlady

Is the coworker white? I am coming to find that I have become the "all inclusive" black woman of the office. You know, the black woman thats knows all there is to know about every single black person, trend, style, issue in the history of all black folx. I am tired of it...

Yes she was white but the table was multi-racial. The other Black lady said after lunch, "Why didn't you just tell her that the girl had a jacked-up lace wig?" I told her that I didn't know anything about lace wigs and I didn't want to encourage this woman to think I know everything about every Black person's hair because I don't. I really could not tell everything that was going on with this woman's hair.