How To Achieve These Twists

lindseyerinc

I want to install 2 strand twists tomorrow and was wondering how to get my results to look like this?

Thump

Scorpio Queen
They just look to 2 strand twist pinned up to me. Looks like my hair the first yr after I big chopped and pinned up my twists.

Thump

Scorpio Queen
The density of your hair is an important factor. But one thing I do to get a fuller look with twists, is not make parts at all. Just pull half moon pieces in a bricklay pattern. Same as if you were getting box braids.

ETA: I also rewet my twists after I'm done twisting to puff them out more.

I would have NEVER though of that. Thank you :yay:

Misseyl

That's an awesome twistout. I used SheaMoisture Leave-in for low porosity hair and just pulled out one of my bantu knots and when I tell you, soft, curls for life. I cannot wait until my hair gets longer so that I can rock twist like the one above.:afro:

Miss_Luna

I think she used to be a member here and she had great hair. Her twists were always so well moisturized.

The key is to keep the twists moisturized. This also looks like the twists may have been in for a few days.

faithVA

Yes. I think she may still be a member but just not as active on the hair side.

To pull this off you need a lot of hair, good shrinkage and some length. Apl may work but bsl even better.

Last edited: