How to grow my hair faster?

Afrolinda

I am a natural 4 a/b type and right now I have 10 to 11 inches but by next summer I would like to have 16 inches. The problems is that my hair never grew 5 to 6 inches a year, more like 3 to 4 inches a year. So what can I do to make my hair grow faster this year? Give me all the tips you have, from recipes to how to manipulate, products or anything else.

Thank you

growth2come

there is MTG if you can stand the stink if not there is BT. There is biotin and msm if you are ok with big pimples....otherwise I would maybe go with BT and some vitamins. for the past two months I have had about 3/4-1'' per month using only - 500g of carrots juiced every morning and I also take b-complex, mega vitamins, kelp and silica. Hope that helps.:spinning:

Afrolinda

there is MTG if you can stand the stink if not there is BT. There is biotin and msm if you are ok with big pimples....otherwise I would maybe go with BT and some vitamins. for the past two months I have had about 3/4-1'' per month using only - 500g of carrots juiced every morning and I also take b-complex, mega vitamins, kelp and silica. Hope that helps.:spinning:

Thank you.

favorc

I never tried it, but a lot of people are raving about BT. some say they are getting an "1 a month. U could also do daily messages with pepermint oil. that is what I do twice a day to stimulate the scalp. i mix it with a carrier oil like vit e and jojoba oil.

meaganita

I wish I knew girl. My hair grows slow as a snail.:sad:

ETA: One thing that has helped my retention is cornrows w/out extensions and wigs. Doing this, combined with regular deep conditioning and occasional trims has done my hair a WORLD of good.

locabouthair

from what I've learned on the board you can try frequent exercise, a balanced diet, lots of water, scalp massages. Don't forget to moisturize and seal everyday. So you can retain all that growth. Love your hair BTW.

JewelleNY

Biotin has really worked well for me, it just makes me eat like crazy but I had no skin problems. Also lots of exercise and healthy eating works wonders as well :)

AvaSpeaks

Don't forget Flaxseed Oil or Evening Primrose Oil! Those, along with Biotin give really good results :yep:

RabiaElaine

I vote for Biotin, MSM, and BT.

My growth rate has been crazy lately. I just did a touch up yesterday. Mind you I had my sister trim my hair about 3 weeks ago (she took off 1-2 inches depending on the area). I'm trying to slowly get rid of my bone straight ends. Anyway after stretching for over 3 months and trimming I think I still gained around 1 inch and I haven't even fully straightened my hair yet so I probably retained more than that.

hothair

Afrolinda ur hair's lovely anyway, but for growth for me MN/ sulphur mix and all the vitamins the ladies mentioned...also my hair's in a full headed weave and loving it...