how to keep wig from sliding back

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by RennAlisha426, Feb 14, 2011.

1. RennAlisha426

RennAlisha426 New Member

Ive been lurking and searching the boards trying to find an answer but I havent been able to do so :perplexed

I love the convince of a FULL wig but they NEVER stay in place, the wig cap and wig start to slide back. It drives me crazy. I have a ton of full wigs I am ready to give up on and go back to my half wigs

The wig and wig cap slide back exposing my hair line, even with pins. I like my side swoop bangs so its really noticeable at times?

Is it the girth of my head?!!:cry: Answers and suggestions or a bump please and thanks?

2. BluEgo

BluEgo Well-Known Member

i went to Sally's and bought some clips (the ones you buy to make clip in extensions) and sewed one in the front and on each sides

3. lushlady

lushlady Well-Known Member

I find that I need a small flat twist across my hairline (vs. Twists going straight back or wrapping straight hair and putting on a wig cap). I pin the wig to that twist and in the back to secure. Also, I always keep a cute little stylish hat with me just in case of malfunctions.

ETA: I do use a wig cap, so the pins and the wig are not rubbing on my hair.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  4. havilland

havilland Magical Mythical Princess

Albums:
    sew in wig clips...if you search you tube you can find tutorials on how to do it.