How to maintain a twistout?

*fabulosity*

I did a fantabulous one today... how do I maintain it.. ?

They only look cute on my wet hair bc my natural texture matches with the twists look like after moisturized and "curls" products added. I tried retwisting it dry Saturday... didn't like it. So do I need to retwist wet every night? I've been cowashing at night and redoing it.. it takes too long and I don't have time in the morning...

Suggestions?

Desarae

Sleep pretty. Seriously. I don't think there's a way to make it look as fabulous as the first day without re-twisting wet. I used to let my twistouts "evolve" over a day or two.

*fabulosity*

Sleep pretty. Seriously. I don't think there's a way to make it look as fabulous as the first day without re-twisting wet. I used to let my twistouts "evolve" over a day or two.

:lachen::lachen: Thanks girl.. I don't want it to look frizzy though.. But I guess retwisting it is better than flat ironing every day. I feel just as pretty with the little twist out (almost) as I do with a sleek flat iron. I'm done with that ugly bun until the weather turns cold again.

Desarae

I heard that shoot it's getting hot outside, get rid of that bun it's time to get sexaaaay! It's a lot of work to be beautiful everyday!

*fabulosity*

How ironic, you need to check my threads today we been going through the same things!! lol

hee hee.. I saw.. do you have one on maintaining?? <<off to look>>.. better cut my net time short tonight.. bc I swear it takes like 15-20 minutes to twist up... I'm gonna try to make less twists.. hope it comes out as good.

Eisani

Is your hair long enough to do a pineapple? High loose pony, scarf around the sides then a bonnet over the pony itself? You can take it down in the morning, shake and go.

syncerelyhis

I always twist into two big twists, one on each side (by my ears), and braid the very ends so that it doesn't come lose. Then put on my bonnet. In the morning untwist and wet the top a little bit and scrunch and separate with conditioner on my hands. Mine always looks better around 2nd/3rd day. Check out my fotki!