How to maintain length with blowdrying???

essence5

Hello everyone I haven't posted here in a looooong time. Well here's my problem....I've been natural since 06, during that time i've followed ALL the rules (making sure not to use ANY direct heat on my hair what so ever). But today I blow dryed my hair looooved the length and the change up. but now i'm afraid that blowdrying my hair after washes (1x weekly) will damage it and lord knows i don't want that. So i want some ideas on how I can wear my hair straight for awhile without causing damage to it.
And I would love to know what to do to maintain my blowdried length throughout the week. And get it a little straighter without using a flat iron or a straightening comb.

Egyptjones

My hair is texlaxed and I blowdry and flat iron once a week (some weeks I roller set). I use my dryer on a very high air capacity but low heat and that seems to work for me. I usually do a hot coconut oil treatment on blowdry days and I think that has aided in keeping my hair in good condition.

I try to air dry but my hair no likey!

sareca

sylver2 blowdries her's once every two weeks but she's also a low-manipulation queen. :king: