How to Make Your Hair Grow Straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope5506

Completely blow dry hair (or air dry) before going to bed. If you go to bed with wet hair, the hair will dry in any shape it wishes, including curly. Be sure to comb your hair out properly, too.

Apply a good rich conditioner to your hair after every shampoo. Conditioners will help smooth the hair and eliminate frizz and slight curls.

Apply a leave in conditioner
to your hair daily. The leave in conditioner will further smooth your hair, causing it to look extra straight and will add extra moisturize to your hair.

Purchase special hair straighteners. These straighteners comes in cream, gel and spray formulas. Apply to hair, following the approved directions on the label and then finish by brushing with a good quality brush.

Apply a chemical relaxer to your hair. This can be purchased in a kit. Follow the directions on the box. A relaxer is a chemical based product that straightens the hair. It is a preferred method for people who have hair that is hard to style. These products works well with people of African and Caribbean descent who have coarse and frizzy hair. The instructions that come with the relaxer will tell the consumer to leave the chemicals on the hair for 15 to 45 minutes before rinsing.

Visit a hair professional and ask for a straightener to be applied. The chemicals within the straightening solution will help smooth out the hair, removing the curl.

Solitude

I'm really surprised that they continue to allow this. This is probably the same person who was putting all those dumb tags onto threads.

I mean, really "how to make your hair grow straight"??? "apply a chemical relaxer" seriously????

Je Ne Sais Quoi

You seriously need to stop. Now.

This is why we need the no thanks button. You are going to have someone do something they regret one day.....

Almaz

Did you see the part about leaving the Perm on for 15-45 mins. WHO on EARTH leaves a Perm on for 45 minutes. You won't ever have to worry about hair cause you won't have any. A Perm is just a Molecule away from Neet and Nair.

Tarae

Did you see the part about leaving the Perm on for 15-45 mins. WHO on EARTH leaves a Perm on for 45 minutes. You won't ever have to worry about hair cause you won't have any. A Perm is just a Molecule away from Neet and Nair.
Don't try to make sense of this. This person does this often :lol:

msa

I'm just mad there are no suggestions on how to actually grow straight hair. All of the things listed only make your hair straight after it comes out of your scalp. I want my hair to be 1a from the follicle on out.

CurlyMoo

:look: You fools didn't think there would actually be a recipe for growing straight hair did you? I wonder how many people especially naturals ran up in here looking for the answer. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

LushLox

It's one of those bot things...

If I blow dried my hair every night I wouldn't have any left!

La Colocha

You seriously need to stop. Now.

This is why we need the no thanks button. You are going to have someone do something they regret one day.....

Je ne you might as well be talking to that stuffed animal in hope's avi:lachen:. Because it never responds. It is really strange to me that it always posts the opposite of what this forum is about. Newbies do your research hope will have yall looking like fire marshall bill:nono:.

ladylibra

Off-topic, but I used to leave mine on for 30-45 minutes. :look: Funny part is, my hair still never got straight! :lol:

Pandora1975

I find it funny because a routine like that is what messed me up in the first place. Also- it won't "grow" hair any differently.

that_1_grrrl

I seriously thought someone had taken some sort of medication, and it changed their hair texture. Then, I saw the teddy bear. *smh*

BostonMaria

I guarantee you that if I air dried my natural hair and went to bed... woke up the next morning... straight would NOT be the word to describe it. Maybe HAM. Buckwheat perhaps. Definitely not straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.