How To Make Your Hair Soft

hope5506

Rinse your Hair with Vinegar

An old-fashioned vinegar rinse gives your hair softness and shine by balancing its pH levels. To make your own, mix 1 cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water and use the whole solution on your hair after you shampoo. Don’t worry about the vinegar smell that seems to linger on your hair after this treatment. The smell will be gone after about 15 minutes. You can use a vinegar rinse every day to clarify and condition your hair.

Add your Favorite Natural Oil to your Shampoo

Everyone has a different preference when it comes to the scents and textures of oil to nourish and moisturize your hair. Almond, peanut, coconut, castor, sunflower, and sesame oil are all commonly used in hair preparations to add amino acids, moisture and other benefits to your hair. Adding one to a few tablespoons of oil to your shampoo lets you have the best of both worlds. You can keep your commercial products while getting the benefits of the natural oils.

Crack an Egg

Egg yolks soften the hair by adding beneficial proteins and vitamins like vitamin B5 which helps prevent hair loss. To give your hair an egg yolk deep condition, blend 2 yolks with one cup of water. Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil for extra moisture. Apply the mixture evenly to your hair and massage it in for about 5 minutes. Cover your hair with a shower cap for 15 minutes, and then rinse with tepid water. Be careful not to rinse your hair with hot water, or you will cook the egg and it will be difficult to get out.

Wash your Hair with Castor Oil

Castor oil is practically odorless and has been known to soften skin and hair. To make a castor oil shampoo treatment, simply mix ¼ cup of castor oil with ¼ cup of water and use the entire solution to wash your hair. Massage the oil into your head thoroughly before rinsing it out. Mix this shampoo fresh every time you use it, and if you like the results wash with castor oil once a week to keep your hair smooth and soft.

Try a Hot Olive Oil Treatment

When we think of hot oil treatments, we often think of elusive chemicals without realizing natural oils that are beneficial to the hair can easily be utilized as hot oil treatments to soften hair. Simply warm ¼ cup or so of the highest quality extra virgin olive oil in a dropper bottle or plastic bottle by dropping the bottle in hot tap water (a baby bottle will work well for this). Once the oil is warm, apply it to shampooed hair and let it soak in with a shower cap on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse and style as usual. Leave some of the oil in your hair if your hair is excessively dry as a leave in treatment.

KnottyGurl

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooou!

I really needed this info. I hope others will post their suggestions too. I need ALL the help I can get :lol:

Definitely subscribing. :yep:

KnottyGurl

Simmah down woman!:grin:

There's alot of information on this forum that I haven't read yet or have forgotten. Anyway, I'm newly natural and am STRUGGLING with moisture issues. I'd like to try one or two things. I'm reading as many threads as possible, so threads that repeat information never hurts.:yep: I need to be reminded sometimes.

BTW, I'm lovin' your granddaughter's mean mug.:grin:

:blush: are you serious? LMAO

Last edited:

msa

DO NOT rinse your hair with a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup of water. That is nowhere near diluted enough and you will probably jack your hair up.

vkb247

Ladies this person is some type of bot that starts threads with weird information and never posts otherwise.

Amylee

Some of this is really interesting.

Anybody have more info on the castor oil shampoo ? How do you wash your hair with just oil and water...Am I late or something?

If anyone knows about it, let me know. I'd try it :yep:

Platinum

Rinse your Hair with Vinegar

An old-fashioned vinegar rinse gives your hair softness and shine by balancing its pH levels. To make your own, mix 1 cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water and use the whole solution on your hair after you shampoo. Don’t worry about the vinegar smell that seems to linger on your hair after this treatment. The smell will be gone after about 15 minutes. You can use a vinegar rinse every day to clarify and condition your hair.

Add your Favorite Natural Oil to your Shampoo

Everyone has a different preference when it comes to the scents and textures of oil to nourish and moisturize your hair. Almond, peanut, coconut, castor, sunflower, and sesame oil are all commonly used in hair preparations to add amino acids, moisture and other benefits to your hair. Adding one to a few tablespoons of oil to your shampoo lets you have the best of both worlds. You can keep your commercial products while getting the benefits of the natural oils.

Crack an Egg

Egg yolks soften the hair by adding beneficial proteins and vitamins like vitamin B5 which helps prevent hair loss. To give your hair an egg yolk deep condition, blend 2 yolks with one cup of water. Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil for extra moisture. Apply the mixture evenly to your hair and massage it in for about 5 minutes. Cover your hair with a shower cap for 15 minutes, and then rinse with tepid water. Be careful not to rinse your hair with hot water, or you will cook the egg and it will be difficult to get out.

Wash your Hair with Castor Oil

Castor oil is practically odorless and has been known to soften skin and hair. To make a castor oil shampoo treatment, simply mix ¼ cup of castor oil with ¼ cup of water and use the entire solution to wash your hair. Massage the oil into your head thoroughly before rinsing it out. Mix this shampoo fresh every time you use it, and if you like the results wash with castor oil once a week to keep your hair smooth and soft.

Try a Hot Olive Oil Treatment

When we think of hot oil treatments, we often think of elusive chemicals without realizing natural oils that are beneficial to the hair can easily be utilized as hot oil treatments to soften hair. Simply warm ¼ cup or so of the highest quality extra virgin olive oil in a dropper bottle or plastic bottle by dropping the bottle in hot tap water (a baby bottle will work well for this). Once the oil is warm, apply it to shampooed hair and let it soak in with a shower cap on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse and style as usual. Leave some of the oil in your hair if your hair is excessively dry as a leave in treatment.

Seriously :whois:

hurricane

I think that I would research more before using these recipes. I had to question that vinegar rinse. I have read numerous articles on natural hair care and that vinegar rinse is not diluted enough like another person said.

I never heard of an castor oil shampoo. I heard of a pre-poo.

Be careful with your hair and don't fall for the oky-dok.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
it would probably be best to put the vinegar and water in a spray bottle...better control that way. i put almost all my products in spray bottles, even my shampoo.