How to perm this hair?

Fine 4s

No pics BUT my girl FORCED me to ask you this...AND wants ME to do it! :sad:

She has type 3 (texture/silkiness) hair with pencil tight, type 4a curls with a honey blonde color. Her natural color is very dark brown (almost looks black to me).

Anyway, when she does WNGs one side curls up a lot more that the other which can look a little lopsided. She wants to perm...get this...ONE side of the hair to match up the shrinkage on both sides. She's down to perm BOTH sides but so long as both sides are even when shrunken for WNGs. She basically wants to elogate the curls but not give up her texture..textlax if you will...no bone straight perm.

How in da heck am I going to pull this one off ladies? Any suggestions? How long do I leave it on for? I'm thinking of mixing the perm with some oil and ...that's all I got! LOL

I'm natural and have no clue how to do this....

naturalgurl

Girl, if you want to keep her as a friend, tell her no. Let her do it herself or get someone else. I know you want to be a friend and obviously she trusts you, but if this doesn't come out the way she likes it, criticisms will fly. Plus the result will be permanent. Otherwise, if it's all good, go for it. I hope someone can give you advice that will WORK!

Blaque*Angel

wow. what a request, i think she'd have to perm her whole head or she'll have to create two regimes :ohwell: good luck and try and post pics :)

Fine 4s

Girl, if you want to keep her as a friend, tell her no. Let her do it herself or get someone else. I know you want to be a friend and obviously she trusts you, but if this doesn't come out the way she likes it, criticisms will fly. Plus the result will be permanent. Otherwise, if it's all good, go for it. I hope someone can give you advice that will WORK!

I told her that! She said 'oh NO I would NEVER do that' famous last words huh?...I suggested that I could GO with her to someone else and kinda guide them? But then, I'm getting into it with a professional...oh brother what did i get myself into...maybe one of you can call her :perplexed :look: :yep:

Iluvsmuhgrass

ITA. This could turn into a mess that could have her looking a HAM and you could end up the subject of all kinds of animosity. Walk away slowly. :look:

She could end up with damage. I'd tell her to do flat twists or bantu knots, finger comb, and call it a day. Don't go to chemicals.... especially for 1/2 of your head. :nono:

vkb247

I wouldn't do it for her but I really don't think it should be such a big deal to do one half of her head.

I texlax with Motions herbal mixed with plenty of conditioner/oil. Because:
-Motions has been known to revert for many women and I am always afraid to over do it so would prefer to underdo it
-the conditioner/oil significantly slows down the processing giving me time to achieve the look I am going for
-My hair is always curlier than it looks when the relaxer mix is in it. I figure the main reason is because the relaxer is heavier than any leave in I would ever use.
- It never processes as much as I want it to which frustrates me at first -- but later on I am happy about it because once I get too straight I can't ever go back. I am trying to let my hair grow longer (I figure it will get heavier and naturally hang more) before I decide to try to elongate the curl more.

I treat my hair exactly as naturals do, so I don't think there doesn't have to be too much difference between caring for texturized and natural hair. BUT.....since she colors her hair I would tell her to proceed with EXTREME caution. Her hair is probably going to respond a lot faster to chemicals because it is already processed. HTH

Fine 4s

Thank you ladies for all your responses...
I might not do this but unsure as of yet.
If I don't do it, she'll find someone who will.

She's never worried about damage or ever suffered from unhealthy hair. She has very resilient coarse hair that bounces back no matter what (red dye, blond dye, black dye, highlights, short bob cuts etc.) Her hair grows super fast and she blow dries straight regularly. NOTHING I could do so the damage argument will NOT work on her (fortunately).

Well...I’ll give u ladies updates!