>>>>>>How To Prevent Matting<<<<<<

GloriousPraise

My hair severely matted nearly three years ago (from 10/16/07). Fortunately, I went to a beautician who was able to comb out the matted section without cutting my hair and without my hair being severely damaged (I swear, my hair takes a licking and keeps on ticking; by all that is reasonable, I should be baldheaded).

I've been lurking on LHCF for sometime, but had to give you a huge THANK YOU for this wonderful advice! :grin: I printed your original version and I've been using it for the past few months (except for the Acid conditioner-didn't have it on hand). I'm wearing kinky twists with extensions and after following your advice, there has been no problem with matting, tangling, etc. when taking them out. I used to dread having taking the twists out because matting was such a big issue. After using this regimen, it's no big deal. Thank you so much!

InnerSoul

thank you for giving your regimen and advice b/c I am going to need it when I remove my synthetic twist in January! I will be getting them put in next weekend. My hair always thrives when its braided/twisted up!

Avaya

I'm glad this information has proved helpful for you all! :grin:
I wear my hair in braids about 75% of the time. Wearing braids has really help me retain a lot of length.

This will forever be the process I use when it comes to my post braids hair care regimen.:yep:

Xavier

Great information! I hope I never need it. :nono:But just in case...
I agree. This does need to be a

vonte422

great info i really could of used this last month when i took out my braids. when i took them out i did aphogee hardcore and thought my hair felt great but was a tangled mess after conditioning

DeepBluSea

My hair severely matted nearly three years ago (from 10/16/07). Fortunately, I went to a beautician who was able to comb out the matted section without cutting my hair and without my hair being severely damaged (I swear, my hair takes a licking and keeps on ticking; by all that is reasonable, I should be baldheaded).

I've been lurking on LHCF for sometime, but had to give you a huge THANK YOU for this wonderful advice! :grin: I printed your original version and I've been using it for the past few months (except for the Acid conditioner-didn't have it on hand). I'm wearing kinky twists with extensions and after following your advice, there has been no problem with matting, tangling, etc. when taking them out. I used to dread having taking the twists out because matting was such a big issue. After using this regimen, it's no big deal. Thank you so much!

Hey, I wanted to ditto what Glorious Praise said! This advice is on point. I refer to it about a week before I take out entensions to refresh my memory.

sxyhairfetish

This info was EXTREMELY Helpful! and I just want to say thank you! this is the first time I have EVER taken out my braids and washed my hair that it has not gotten tangled or dreaded up. I truly appreciate this info. BTW: I was terrified as I was doing this. But i am pleasantly surprised.

Surprised that this is STLL not a STICKY!

Last edited:

KinkyGenius

I guess since the weather is getting warmer, I've seen quite a few threads about ladies getting braids put in (me included!)

I just wanted to bump this thread because the information in it is quite valuable and can possibly prevent a few setbacks.

bklynLadee

lol Nonie i didnt realize this was a different thread lol oopsie:blush:

i was asking a question about extension removal and was tagged in this thread