How to sew in tracks so that you can pull weave up in a ponytail and no tracks will s

lindalemon

How to sew in tracks so that you can pull weave up in a ponytail and no tracks will show?
I'm looking to put my weave in a ponytail with none of my natural hair left out. i've looked this up on youtube b4 and i believe 1 grl said to sew track underneath the braid. I tried that and it didnt work. I could be doing it wrong. Detailed, serious answers are appreciated.thanks.

Last edited:

lindalemon

Re: How to sew in tracks so that you can pull weave up in a ponytail and no tracks wi

hello
any one can help me ,thank you

lindalemon

Re: How to sew in tracks so that you can pull weave up in a ponytail and no tracks wi

any one can help me ,thank you inadvance

Last edited:

Ijanei

no advice but I think that's going to be hard to pull it up w/ no tracks showing and NONE of your hair left out, that includes perimeter too?

Im sure some other ladies will chime in shortly, just be a little patient :grin:

*CherryPie*

I think you will have to have some hair out so that the track won't show.

SimplyBlessed

U can only sew in a few in the middle...so like adding a little hair for thickness and fullness

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

wednesday

you'd have to leave out the perimeter and sew the hair in a circle the whole way.

p.s. i've only done this with highly textured/kinky weave. It worked, everyone thought it was my hair:yep:.

Glamiam

Oh i am an expert at this i do it all the time! (Im just hype i can finally answer a question:lol:)

but what i do is leave out some of the bottom and sides..not too much but just enough to cover the tracks. Then i braid in the direction of the part. So the part that i leave out on the sides i braid the hair next to it vertically and lay the track on vertically, that way the hair covers the track better. The part left out on the bottom i braid horizontally. Make sure the braids aren't big! HTH!

*CherryPie*

The problem is, she don't want to leave any hair out. There are many ways to do it, but you have to leave some hair out.

Oh i am an expert at this i do it all the time! (Im just hype i can finally answer a question:lol:)

but what i do is leave out some of the bottom and sides..not too much but just enough to cover the tracks. Then i braid in the direction of the part. So the part that i leave out on the sides i braid the hair next to it vertically and lay the track on vertically, that way the hair covers the track better. The part left out on the bottom i braid horizontally. Make sure the braids aren't big! HTH!

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun

Maybe ask on BHM. Their weave section is livelier. I'm not sure how you would do this without leaving a perimeter of your own hair

Fhrizzball

Maybe trying the invisible cornrolls around the perimeter and the rest of the hair being weave. Not sure how that will turn out though for you may still see the cornroll base at times.

Tiye

Typically you have to leave some of your hair out around the perimeter. If you don't want to leave any hair out then maybe try using a net weave cap, sew a track all around the underside of the cap. Then use the rest of the cap as your net weave base.

And - I agree if you don't use a net, you should be able to sew a track underneath a braid. You would sew it in reverse so it doesn't show.

BLESSED1

i've only been able to do a low pony the one time I had a full head wv and have no tracks showing

i did a vertical cornrow base, didn't use a net, folded top and nape tracks before sewing those in

i hv my perimeter out now w/my current wv and can do a hi pony and not hv tracks show, sorry but I cant help you out if thats the kind of pony u want to do

ITA w/asking at BHM, those girls got alot of good wv knowledge

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!

Ummm she should just buy a good lace wig and braid her ALL hair up underneath........ A good one put on professionally can look better than a weave and will last longer and be applied more than once.