How To Sleep On A Good Roller Set/Curl

Hair_Goddess

Hey Everyone. I'm wondering what's the best way to tie up my hair at night and sleep on my freshly done roller set hair? Last night I pin curled each spiral curl then wrapped it with a scarf. It took my 45 minutes to pin curl my hair! :blush: I can't afford to waste that much time at night!

So any other suggestions you have to save my curls besides pin curling would be great. Thanks!

lilsparkle825

why did it take you so long to pin curl? that was definitely about to be my suggestion...

if you have those satin-covered sponge rollers, you can use those.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Hey Everyone. I'm wondering what's the best way to tie up my hair at night and sleep on my freshly done roller set hair? Last night I pin curled each spiral curl then wrapped it with a scarf. It took my 45 minutes to pin curl my hair! :blush: ---QUE? I can't afford to waste that much time at night!

So any other suggestions you have to save my curls besides pin curling would be great. Thanks!

It should never take that long. If your hair is long enough then just put your hair in a hair ponytail under a satin bonnet, or a hair net then the satin bonnet. I do either method, or if I'm lazy I just flip my head over then put the satin bonnet on

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Wow, how many curls do you have? It shouldn't take 45 minutes to pin curl hair that's already curly. You just kind of push the curl into itself like a slinky and clip it.

But when I was a kid, Momma Chaos made me sleep on my face to preserve my hair.
I'd make a pillow out of my arms, and just go to sleep on my face like I was sleeping on a desk.

Or I'd prop my elbow up on my pillow and rest my cheek on my palm. My arm was always asleep by morning though, so I only did that when I really had to.

Those are the only other suggestions I have...any other way I tried resulted in flat mushed curls.

Hair_Goddess

I think it took so long for me to pin curl my hair because there's a lot of ringlets here plus this was my first time pin curling my hair in years. Tonight I will try as Sassy suggested and wear and put a hair net over it, then a satin bonnet on top. I'll easily save 45 minutes that way! (LOL)

Jas123

The Star of a Story
when i used to set i would pin curl and it only took a few minutes... pin curls don't have to be neat... and i like big loose curls so i just take big chunks of hair to pin curl... 5-10 minutes top

~NanCeBoTwin~

when i used to set i would pin curl and it only took a few minutes... pin curls don't have to be neat... and i like big loose curls so i just take big chunks of hair to pin curl... 5-10 minutes top

This was going to be my suggestion OP. I'm NO pin curl expert, but my stylist showed me how to do it quickly using bigger chunks. I was under the impression I had to take each individual curl, but that is not the case.

I've tried doing the ponytail, and I've also tried just putting a bonnet on, neither work for me.