How to stop breakage???

Tai

Please help.
I just did an Aphogee protein treatment on Thursday because I noticed that I was shedding short hairs, which I know is a sign of breakage. I followed that w/ the Balancing conditoner and I went and had my stylist wrap my hair, she did flat iron it to smooth it out.
My problem is that I'm still seeing short hairs when I comb my hair down from my wrap.
I'm using the Jilbere shower comb when I comb it down so they're not getting snagged and I cover my hair in satin after it's wrapped so it's not getting caught on cotton pillowcases.
Oh and when I say shedding, there's about 20-30 little hairs that I'll see around my shoulders after I comb it in the morning.
Should I do another Aphogee treatment or should I just use AO GBP every week until the shedding stops? Or should I do something else all together?

Thanks!

Irresistible

have you tried Motions CPR or Motions Silk Protien?

I like those conditioners the best.

another thing i heard that really stops breakage is ORS Carrot Oil

Tai

I used Motions CPR before when I was still using direct heat on my hair weekly. The shedding didn't stop but that may have had more to do w/ the heat than it did with Motions.

lonei

Try not to comb your hair down form the wrap. I losen the wrap completely with my hands first, when its hanging down, I use a wide tooth comb to style it.

lonei

Try not to comb your hair down from the wrap. I losen the wrap completely with my hands first, when its hanging down, I use a wide tooth comb to style it.

patience

What are you eating and drinking daily? What you take INTO your body appears OUTSIDE of your body. If you aren't eating the right foods and you aren't drinking adequate amounts of water, IT WILL show in your hair, skin, breath, etc. Also, STOP THE HEAT!!!

shinyblackhair

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
have you tried Motions CPR or Motions Silk Protien?

I like those conditioners the best.

another thing i heard that really stops breakage is ORS Carrot Oil

[/ QUOTE ]

Motions Silk Protein is the STUFF! I use it weekly.

Tai

Patience,
I'm eating a proper diet, work out regularly, drink 100 oz or more of water each day, and take supplements so I know that what's going into my system is not the problem. The shedding happened when I airdry or roller set, not just when my stylist flat ironed my hair. My hair normally doesn't have any direct heat on it.
ShinyBlackHair, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look for Motions Silk.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
If you are having breakage, thinning, or shedding, u should not wrap your hair at night. That is what someone advice me to do since my hair is thin (i didnt have problems with breakage or shedding). Instead of wrapping, you can put your hair in rollers instead. HTH

moneychaser

Did you just appy a Aphogee? If so I wouldn't recommend you applying another one. Too much protein can cause breakage too. Hmmm... If you are experience shedding I HIGHLY recommend Nutrine's Garlic Shampoo

But you said little hairs, which leads me to believe you are experiencing breakage not shedding. I say lay off the daily wrapping (try a protective bun for the ends), and MOISTURIZE that hair...

Tai

Thanks for the advice.

I've had a problem finding a light leave in conditioner. I can't use oil. I've tried them all and they all weigh my hair down, even the ones that claim to be light. Even CON and KeraCare MS weigh it down w/o conditioners afterwards. When I did buns w/o heat years ago, it also broke off my ends w/ the ends rubbing together.
I just started using TIGI Ego boost on my ends since I heard people rave about it here. I'm sure eventually I'll find something for my ends....I just haven't found it yet.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Try not to comb your hair down from the wrap. I losen the wrap completely with my hands first, when its hanging down, I use a wide tooth comb to style it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey lonei! this is a good idea! this may help me prevent breakage from taking my hair down from a wrap!

Nanyanika

Tai, i'm sorry about your breakage problem, your always available to give me great advice, I don't know how much i'm able to help but this i what i would do. stop wrapping the hair. Keep it ultra-moisturised and try conditioner washes, I'd also wear a style that doesn't require to much manipulation, i wear a baggie. Use moisturizing protein conditioner that contains collagen, silk, wheat etc. this is what i have done and my breakage has dramatically reduced. Keep me updated. HTH

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Definalty,

Motion CPR, I had some breakage last month and I started following the regimine posted on their website and I am happy to say that I have no breakage.

Shinka

I had the same problem. I got some surge and it stopped the breakage. I also bout motions oil lotion because it too had protein.

The aphogee didn't work for me. Just made my hair hard and tangled.

chanou

Barry Fletctcher's mean protein reconstructor worked great for me to stop the breakage that I had, last spring.