How To Wear Your Hair The Week Before A Touch-Up

Curlybeauty

Right now my hair is in a half-arsed, fuzzy, rollerset.

BUT my new growth is super visible. Should I flat iron my hair so that it is easier for the stylist to work with come next Saturday or just leave it alone?

On the fence about it. But I might just french braid my hair to stretch it out until then honestly...

How do you wear your hair the week approaching a touch-up?

lovelexi

I usually try to use the least amount of heat possible the week before my touch up. I don't like to flatiron my hair the week before a touch up because it feels like I'd be double processing my hair or something. To get my edges and nape straight I just use some bee mine curly hold butter on my edges and nape, brush the edges and nape to help it lay down, then tie a scarf around my head with my hair hanging loose in the back or clipped up. After about an hour or so I take off the scarf and style as usual. Be it a bun or whatever. As long as my edges and nape are presentable I'm good. It's like the scarf method but on dry hair and it will work perfectly for your french braid.

blessedandlucky

i am 12 weeks post and i straightened my roots last wash. i plan to relax either today or tomorrow. i can still tell the difference between my relaxed hair and the new growth, though. there has been humidity and my hair reverted. i wouldn't do this again though so close to when i plan to relax or especially if i planned to go to the salon to have it done. i know my hair by touch and my stylist does too, but not as much as me. so, i'd suggest not doing any type of straightening. maybe, a twistout, bun or the french braid...

Ms. Martina

I usually washed and flat ironed my hair about 5 days prior to getting my touch ups. I got relaxers maybe every 3-6 months, so I had a lot of new growth. I wanted to make sure it was easy to work with while applying the relaxer. Also, I didn't feel like hearing my beautician's mouth...lol.

VelvetRain

You could just nothing which is what I do lol. Once this time hits I am tired of fighting with my hair. It goes in a bun.

stixx

Wow this is an interesting thread. I've always been way too scared to attempt to straighten/smooth my NG at all because I want the demarcation line to be as obvious as possible for my stylist.

But that is a good point that straightening could make the process easier... hmmm