Hsn Vitamin/supplement 2017 Challenge (january 1, 2017-december 31 2017)

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
I'm in:

Currently taking Radiance Multivitamins, Fish

Invest in a glass bottle! Makes a world of difference

After going through this thread (that's why I love coming on here for inspiration) I scavenged for something around the house and I settled on using my juice vase thingy. seems my family won't be making kool aid for a while. they gonna be like "where that thing for the juice?" me: "I don't know... the last time I saw it was in the fridge. *sips water in room*" I'm serious now!

Beany

I wanna join but I'm not taking vitamins. I believe vitamins are best gotten through whole foods so I'll be eating them. I will be doing something similar though. Can I still join?

I'll be eating 1.3 ounces of homemade tomato powder for biotin starting soon. right now I just eat 3 eggs a day but I can't wait to stop since I know they're probably gmo. I just need a coffee grinder.

I want to incorporate gelatin for thicker strands. 14 g. but there's so many obstacles keeping me from that for now. I'll get back to y'all on this one.

And the most important one and the reason I'm joining this challenge: I can't drink water! and part of my problem is not having a good water bottle. I need 60 oz a day. I'll also add a pinch of salt (Allen Osman water cure style). I'm doing this for body health primarily. could somebody smack some sense into me please? if only I weren't afraid of reusing plastic bottles!! :bangdesk: why must I be so picky?

So can I join? lol

ABSOLUTELY, you can join!

Aggie

I think I want in...I've been pretty relaxed for the last 2 months with my vitamins and not consistent at all in that time. I do need to in the coming weeks though.

PureSilver

I'll be joining as I always do just hoping no I'll be consistent this year. I've gotten good, very good results from manetabolism so it's definitely a keeper.

Biotin 5000mg
Iron
Folic acid
Manetabolism plus

W04andia

After going through this thread (that's why I love coming on here for inspiration) I scavenged for something around the house and I settled on using my juice vase thingy. seems my family won't be making kool aid for a while. they gonna be like "where that thing for the juice?" me: "I don't know... the last time I saw it was in the fridge. *sips water in room*" I'm serious now!

Glad you found something suitable! :)

Daina

I would like to join! Currently taking the following:

Hair La Vie (I took them for 1 full year will be discontinuing once my BB vitamins arrive)
Chlorella
Spirulina
Collagen + C
Hyaluronic Acid
Vit D
Small dose of MSM (500 mg)
Digestive Enzymes with prebiotics and probiotics
Bamboo Tea

Later this week I will be taking the following:
Beautifully Bamboo Vitamins
Bamboo Tea (1-2 cups daily)
Vit D
Omega 3 Flax seed oil
Digestive Enzymes with prebiotics and probiotics
Spirulina
Chlorella
MSM

I'm on the fence about continuing with the Collagen and Hyaluronic acid, every time I re-introduce them my skin goes crazy. This time around I'm not sure if it's these supplements or the fact that I have been stressed and sick for about a month battling pneumonia and bronchitis. I may stop let my body heal and my system clean out and restart them January 1st. Daily I drink 2 spinach and kale smoothies with fruit, I also drink 1 gallon of water daily.

Evolving78

I'll join!
I'm never consistent, but this might help.
I got some generic vitamins from Walmart. I forgot the name. I'll finish the bottle and start something else when these run out. It will help with getting more water in.

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
Just checking in to say I finished my 2 qts of water for yesterday and today (crazy! usually I'd be up at like 12 am trying too get my last cup in). so having a jug to keep track and being strengthened by the LORD helped me get through. here's to keeping track, staying consistent and getting good results doing so by the grace of God! Good luck ladies. :amen::beer: I'll also be checking in often to share changes I notice.

fifigirl

I'd love to join this as well and be consistent. I found that i can take low doses of biotin and msm and i am ecstatic as hair vitamins give acne....this is what i'm taking for now

Nature's way Biotin 1000mg
Swanson MSM 1000mg
Nature's bounty B- complex
Reload Women's multi vitamin
Holland and Barrat vitamin c 1000mg
Puritan's pride glutathione 500mg

I willtry and aim for a green smoothie at least once a day

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Might as well join since I do take plenty of supplements.

Currently taking:
Superior Source Vitamin D, 10,000 units
Standard Process Ferrofood (low dose iron)
Biotics Research Bio-B Complex
Natrol Biotin 10,000 mcg
Biotics Research Multi-Mins
Natural Balance Pure MSM 1,000 MG
Bamboo Tea from Bamboo Leaf Tea

That's the combo that got my hair loss reversed earlier this year with the exception of the Multi-Mins.

I regularly also take, just not daily:
Dr Schulze's Superfoods
Dr Schulze's Herbalmucil
Great Lakes Collagen
George's Aloe Vera (contains zero preservatives)
Seroyal Super EFA oil

Seasonal:
Integrative Therapeutics Thymucin
Design for Health Immunitone Plus

I don't think I will change much for 2017.

Evolving78

Checking in! I hope with drinking more water and taking vitamins that I am able to see some improvements in my skin. I'm getting older and things just don't bounce back like they used to! Lol

fifigirl

Not doing badly.....taken my pills all week. Noticed a little breakout but nothing my skin cannot handle....upped my water intake

lindseyerinc

I really love this bamboo tea. My skin is looking bright and I had a couple nails that I broke and they are making a noticeable difference in length each day.

Tefnut

Hmm, another challenge I may join.

Here's my daily cocktail (for extreme growth):
Spring Valley (SV) HSN
SV biotin (10,000 mg with keratin)
Swanson bamboo silica capsules
Nature's Life Marine Collagen
Vitamin C (at least 500 mg. Can be up to 3,000 mg)

Considering adding powder MSM and Fenugreek to smoothies. I also have some Biosil liquid silica that I barely used this summer that I may just finish off.

This combo along with drinking a minimum of 64 oz of water a day, exercising, having a balanced diet, using a topical growth treatment, keeping hair conditioned/moisturized and washing hair daily/a few times weekly always yield great results for me.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Finished up:
x4 months of Phyto Specific Cap 'Energy
*will use Nu-Hair & 10,000 mcg of Biotin for 30 Days*

After 30 days will begin using Phytophanere for x4 months (and 10,000 mcgs Biotin)
*breaking for 30 days after the x4 months*

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
So I've decided to change what I'm using. Tomato powder was too nasty. Going back to eggs for biotin in my diet. Chicken collagen = too hard to make from scratch, lead exposure, too expensive for organic chicken. I'll be taking fish gelatin instead (pre-made... forget what I said about whole foods lol). It's more bioavailable than meat gelatin, with no lead risk and its cheap cheap cheap (1.5 months worth for 25$). I can't eat pig gelatin because its unclean. If I could, I would! So fish gelatin is in. I hope they sell it in the supermarket but probably not.

I'll be taking chlorella beside this to detox (mercurcy fillings in my teeth) and to bind to any mercury in the fish gelatin, plus it also has many other benefits I've heard. Besides that, I'll just drink my 64 oz of water (which I've been doing for over a week). I haven't gotten my stuff yet so I don't have my dosage yet or results but I plan on taking 9 g of the fish gelatin with 7 grams of chlorella a day. I know the chlorella can cause side effects so I'll work my way up with that. Let's see what happens :drunk:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Missed my multi 2x this week. I have been doing the emergen-C and the omegas daily. I need to get one of those pill organizers from walmart.

Anyone taking MSM in powder form? Do you mis it with anything? I've been slacking on it because I find it so bitter :sad: Any suggestions?

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Missed my multi 2x this week. I have been doing the emergen-C and the omegas daily. I need to get one of those pill organizers from walmart.

Anyone taking MSM in powder form? Do you mis it with anything? I've been slacking on it because I find it so bitter :sad: Any suggestions?

I mix with orange juice