Humidifiers for Dry Scalp/Dandruff

LDebagoria

Hey ladies! I'm goin' through a time with the dry air in my dorm. No matter how much I oil my hair and drink my daily water, I STILL have beeen getting awful dandruff! I wash/deep condition once a week, last week I even did a protein pak. The dandruff didn't start until I returned to school, so I'm thinking about getting a humidifier for my room. Do any of you have this problem? Or have a humidifier? Does it work? Help! :(

ClassicChic

I have a humidifier but the results are not in yet. You should try to do a deep conditioner with a mositurizing conditioner. ORS Mayo is a very good product that you could get right from the drugstore. It provides a little protien as well as moisture. Also maybe you could try doing a hot oil treatment as a pre-poo. I use plain old extra virgin olive oil.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I have a humidifier too but it's for breathing issues. I've found that taking flax seeds, flax seed oil, or vitamin e (oil or gelcap or in my multivit) makes the dry scalp disappear. This works well for me b/c even though my face is basically an oil slick in the warm/hot seasons, lol, the air is dry during winter so I don't have to worry about the fact that these supplements moisturize ALL of the skin, not just the scalp. HTH!:)