I almost had to catch a case...

This woman wast just trying to promote her business; I'm sure it had nothing to do with the way your hair looked

:lol: I made a similar post about this a little while ago. I can’t remember how I had my hair on that particular day, but someone approached me with a business card for hair services. I personally hate when people do that, especially when it seems like they pick and choose who they want to give their cards to. :rolleyes: There’s 5 or 6 black women in one area and you single ME out to give a business card to? :perplexed IMO it makes the person and their business look bad! :nono:

U know whats funny, I dont know how many of u have been to Harlem in the 125th area but the africans over there are usually persistent about asking people if they want their hair braided, but 2 times this week I had to go over there to hit the gym and they damn near chased me down asking me if I wanted my hair braided! Like seriously after I said no to one her friend would ask and keep asking and damn near following me yelling 'Hellooooo Hair braiding Miss?!' As if I didnt see her *ss the first time I said NO!

girl, tell me about it. they be waitin for you in the freakin' subway.

Maybe I missed something but because she handed you a card that says she does braids that was a reason to "catch a case"? :perplexed

ha ha ha ha ha ha. :lol:.. i feel u.

BTW, the question I have is: did she hand your mom a card?? If not, then, hmmm, I guess I would've probably gotten a little offended.

:lachen: Some of yall need to go read that "hair cockiness" thread.

We join LHCF and get all cocky and think that we can talk to folks any 'ol way and catch a case if they come at us the wrong way concerning our hair.

It's not that serious IMO.

I don't think she meant anything other than to advertise. I could see how you could take it the wrong way at first. But maybe she gave you the card because you look like 1) you can afford to have your hair done and 2) you take good care of your hair and like to get it done.

:lachen: Some of yall need to go read that "hair cockiness" thread.

We join LHCF and get all cocky and think that we can talk to folks any 'ol way and catch a case if they come at us the wrong way concerning our hair.

It's not that serious IMO.

Exactly, I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second. Sometimes when we are thinking our hair is looking pretty good or healthy, it does not necessarily mean that others view it the same way.

Example: I see pics on here sometimes and everyone is raving how pretty their hair is, but from my viewpoint, it may not look so great.

Last edited:
I can understand where the OP is coming from...

It happened to me in the mall some years ago. I was wearing my hair in a bun and a "braider" singled me out. There were hundreds of ladies walking around. However, she rushed over to me with a card in hand and a concerned look on her face. Meanwhile I starred at her hairline...

Most people outside of LHCF don't understand protective styling. Wearing your hair up means you don’t know how to style it to them. Plus, having healthy headed subject is a plus! All they have to do is style it, make the money and then take credit for how good it “looks”.

We all realize a lady of LHCF is quite educated in hair care and will more than likely be a bit discriminating in these types of situations . :look:

:lol: I made a similar post about this a little while ago. I can’t remember how I had my hair on that particular day, but someone approached me with a business card for hair services. I personally hate when people do that, especially when it seems like they pick and choose who they want to give their cards to. :rolleyes: There’s 5 or 6 black women in one area and you single ME out to give a business card to? :perplexed IMO it makes the person and their business look bad! :nono:

Ya know.... 'cause my mom made it a point to tell me she didn't give her a card while she was laughing her *** off.

First she was wrong with the orange hair. I bet it looked dry too. She probably thought you had a bad *** expensive weave. You know no one black has healthy looking hair...(being sarcastic ladies so don't rip me a new one...)

Maybe she was trying to get her hustle on but be presentable and believable. Or maybe she only charges $20 for loose ends while you enjoy the view from her apartment balcony overlooking the apartment dumpster. I say that because of how she presented herself. For the second time, be presentable...

(None this isn't directed at anyone. I'm just thinking outside the "I'mma cut this heifer" box. :lol: )

I've had people give me their cards and I didn't feel the necessity to catch a case. I just said :look: thanks and kept it moving. I'm not going to look down on her or her orange hair because Lord knows folks think I'm off for wearing my old clothes, spending money on bills, and buying groceries instead of blowing $300.00 shoes and handbags.

If she had been rude then maybe... but sometimes people come up to you because you look like a nice person or because you're approachable, not because they think you look a H.A.M. or need help.

I think she was just trying to get business. I don't think she was necessarily trying to say your hair needed to be done or didn't look good.

(None this isn't directed at anyone. I'm just thinking outside the "I'mma cut this heifer" box. :lol: )

I've had people give me their cards and I didn't feel the necessity to catch a case. I just said :look: thanks and kept it moving. I'm not going to look down on her or her orange hair because Lord knows folks think I'm off for wearing my old clothes, spending money on bills, and buying groceries instead of blowing $300.00 shoes and handbags.

If she had been rude then maybe... but sometimes people come up to you because you look like a nice person or because you're approachable, not because they think you look a H.A.M. or need help.

Perfect!!!!!!!

Back