I am a "Kept" Woman

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I apologize OP for multiple posts..Mary Welchel had a great series this week on your post. I've missed a couple days and I'll post them here. It's a blessing for me to read this stuff this week, so I'm sharing it w/ others.

I'm a Kept Woman!
Written by Mary Whelchel
September 16, 2011

When I thought I would fall, God kept me up.
When I thought I was weak, he kept me strong!

I've heard non-believers accuse us of being weak because we need our religion as a crutch-we're not able to stand on our own! And I admit it. I need help to keep from falling and to stay strong. Paul wrote to the Corinthians:

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things-and the things that are not-to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him" (1 Corinthians 1:27 - 29).

But here's the cool thing about being a weak person that God chooses: He becomes our strength and we discover that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. Anything God has ordained for us to do, he gives us the strength to do it, and we become strong through him. It's one of the wonderful paradoxes of the Christian life-our weakness becomes his strength.

So, remember that you are a kept woman:

* Kept sane by keeping your mind on Jesus
* Kept moving when you thought you could go no longer.
* Kept from using your words as a weapon.
* Kept strong through Jesus.

Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one" (John 10:27 - 30).

Our Lord never spoke more wonderful truth-we who are his sheep will never perish because we are kept in the hands of Jesus and the hands of God. No one can snatch us out of his hand, because we are kept by his blood and his love. Rejoice today that you are a kept woman-or a kept man!