I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

JJamiah

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

I am actually doing something similar wearing my braids for 2 weeks on and 1 week off. Wearing my Lace fronts. I moisturize and protein my hair under weekly. I take them down and deep condition with protein and moisture when I break it down.

When my hair is out I bun up.

Every 4 months I get a relaxer, and wear it out for 6 weeks :D HEY I got to enjoy my hair too!

I found wearing my hair in for 4 weeks doesn't work for me so I narrowed it down to 2 weeks.

:D

I am going to be doing this for 2 years

I'd join yah but I am on and off a lot and won't coincide with the rules!

YET I am going to be Watching..... :sekret:

lilsparkle825

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Just wanted to wish you ladies luck.

LadyPaniolo

This is the stretchy weave cap I use. It's made of nylon but doesn't break my hair. In winter I put it on over a silk scarf to hold my scarf in place. Can't have a blue scarf tail hanging down, now, can we?

I will use indigo to dye my silk scarf the next time I indigo. That will help with camo so I won't need to cover it with anything but my stretchy weave cap and my wig of course.

Attachments

• weave_cap.jpg
    weave_cap.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 283

PPGbubbles

Lovely Challenge! I have been jocking Lady P's routine since she posted the TWA to MBL thread a year ago.. I have been aggressively PSn via weave and I found that my ends were not geeting the attention they needed while weaved up and removing instals were a pain. I need more flexibility so I made a quick weave using the XXIslandBeautysXX method from youtube! now I have the best of both worlds.

I like the idea of leaving the DC in, I imagine it make the circle easy to braid with all that slip! i may give that a try!

I will be lurking in this challenge but best of luck to all you ladies!!

silenttullip

*goes over to hairsisters to see what kind of wig deals they have going on.* I think I'm in

TiZi

Ok I want in too. I have my wigs made by my hair stylist just so that they look more natural. What products is everyone using for the deep conditioning method? And how do I do a protein treatment in between take downs?

I am so excited I am ready for this hair to grow!

Distorted Barbie

I love that wig as well..I have 2 of those, i think

Last edited:

Distorted Barbie

Nylon wig caps are NOT your friend!!!! They dry your hair out, break your edges AND snap off your ends.

I use a stretchy weaving cap to hold my "tail" in place. I either put the wig on top of that if it's hot, or put a satin cap or silk scarf when it's cool. If it's really cold, I will put the silk scarf (pure silk) under the stretchy weave cap, followed by a nylon wig cap- this is because my silk scarf is not black. It's blue with colorful flowers. I don't want it to show through, so I put the nylon wig cap on top because it's black and can camouflage.

Now I have some other black caps that I use instead of the nylon one though.... such as a men's black satin wave cap.

The take-home of this rambling post is this :lachen: Nylon wig caps should NOT touch your hair. Ever.

Well, I guess that means I'm stopping using Nylon wig caps...I been using them for about a yr.

nucienuce1

This sounds really promising, the only problem that I have is I dont know if I'd look good in a wig.:perplexed

Vintageglam

This sounds like a fantastic Reggie :grin: it's basically a weave it up Reggie with access to your hair for DCing.

LadyPaniolo

Lovely Challenge! I have been jocking Lady P's routine since she posted the TWA to MBL thread a year ago.. I have been aggressively PSn via weave and I found that my ends were not geeting the attention they needed while weaved up and removing instals were a pain. I need more flexibility so I made a quick weave using the XXIslandBeautysXX method from youtube! now I have the best of both worlds.

I like the idea of leaving the DC in, I imagine it make the circle easy to braid with all that slip! i may give that a try!

I will be lurking in this challenge but best of luck to all you ladies!!

:blush3: Yes, the slip is essential for cornrowing! I never braid my hair dry. I also have made a wig using weave hair, a closure and a stretchy weave cap.

*goes over to hairsisters to see what kind of wig deals they have going on.* I think I'm in

No! Hairsisters is not how they used to be! There are multiple threads about them jacking people's money and never sending the wigs! It happened to me. Don't use Hairsisters, I'm begging you :pray:

Ok I want in too. I have my wigs made by my hair stylist just so that they look more natural. What products is everyone using for the deep conditioning method? And how do I do a protein treatment in between take downs?

I am so excited I am ready for this hair to grow!

Having them made is a great idea! I use Kenra MC for my DC, don't know what others use. Just follow the directions on the Aphogee 2 step bottle for protein :yep:

I love that wig as well..I have 2 of those, i think

Wigs are so much fun! I can't wait for FedEx to come with my 2 new ones! :yay:

Well, I guess that means I'm stopping using Nylon wig caps...I been using them for about a yr.

If they aren't damaging your hair you can use them... but they have damaged many a head, including mine :cry3:

This sounds really promising, the only problem that I have is I dont know if I'd look good in a wig.:perplexed

You might be surprised! There are 50 billion wig styles, 1 might look good on you. Or you can do C&G braids.

This sounds like a fantastic Reggie :grin: it's basically a weave it up Reggie with access to your hair for DCing.

Pretty much! It's worked for me so far. :yep:

thatscuteright

Any good online sources for wigs?

LadyPaniolo

Any good online sources for wigs?

I've heard good things about blackhairspray, so I ordered. It should get here today, hopeful all is right with my order.

eta: just got my box. I got Outre Faith and Outre Tammy. I like them both, and all the things I ordered were in the box, packaged well to prevent spills/damage, and delivered quickly. :up:

Last edited:

JJamiah

I have yet to order from blackhairspray :D I guess I will for my next order (because you know I will order again)

thatscuteright

Are Lacefront wigs better then regular wigs?

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-

This is my problem, I've worn one wig in my life for a play in high school and...yea. But I really want a lace front, LadyPanialo, how do you feel about lace fronts in all this?

thatscuteright

I found several wigs on Black Hair Spray that I think are really cute and do not appear too "wiggish"

LadyPaniolo

This is my problem, I've worn one wig in my life for a play in high school and...yea. But I really want a lace front, LadyPanialo, how do you feel about lace fronts in all this?

They aren't really that superior, :imo: to a regular wig, esp one with a monofilament hairline. What gives me a cold sweat is the glue/tape/shaving stuff folks do.

eta:yemaya, those are So Cute!!! Professional for work :up:

Minty

thanks for the explanations LadyP. I always wondered though about buildup and itchy scalp. But from using Kenra -I don't think you'd have a problem with that.

I'm not in the challenge but I'll watch and learn from the sidelines. Good luck ladies.

thatscuteright

This is a great method. Good luck to all!
I have decided to bun for a year. Its more cost effective for me :)

JJamiah

I found several wigs on Black Hair Spray that I think are really cute and do not appear too "wiggish"

the first one is First Lady right? :D

Which is the second ?

JJamiah

Are Lacefront wigs better then regular wigs?

I wouldn't say that, they are both great and serve their own purpose, I love bangs sometimes so the wigs are a must, I love to pull the hair bag so the Lace fronts are the ones for that :D

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!

Oh my I was doing some research myself after I saw LadyP thread. If this is a challenge I want in as well. I've never worn a wig before and I have a large head,lol. I'm a lil scared to order online bcuz I don't know what it will look like on me, so I am going to hit up a couple of BSS tomorrow. LadyP I may have to hit you up from time to time for a lil advice or help, hope you don't mind:grin:

BonBon

I wonder if the ORS Replenishment pack is suitable?

LadyPaniolo

thanks for the explanations LadyP. I always wondered though about buildup and itchy scalp. But from using Kenra -I don't think you'd have a problem with that.

I'm not in the challenge but I'll watch and learn from the sidelines. Good luck ladies.

I don't apply the DC to my scalp! This is important. I only apply it to the length of the hair itself. I don't want to smother my scalp!

the first one is First Lady right? :D

Which is the second ?

LMAO that you know the wig by sight! :lachen:

:sekret: Hairsisters, rockeytrading, local, :D just a few of the vendors :D

Never heard of rockey trading... I may have to mosey over and take a gander at what they have.

Oh my I was doing some research myself after I saw LadyP thread. If this is a challenge I want in as well. I've never worn a wig before and I have a large head,lol. I'm a lil scared to order online bcuz I don't know what it will look like on me, so I am going to hit up a couple of BSS tomorrow. LadyP I may have to hit you up from time to time for a lil advice or help, hope you don't mind:grin:

I'm always available to answer your questions, Nonie. You have helped me SO MUCH with the facial exercise, you just don't know. Looking at my Big Chop pic in my thread, I was horrified. My face was so uneven and lopsided. SMDH. Now that I've been faithfully doing my facial exercises all this time, my face looks totally different. My cheekbones are sculpted, my features look symmetrical. I am so much prettier now, because of you. I'm always here to help you in any way I can. :rosebud:

I wonder if the ORS Replenishment pack is suitable?

I've not gotten good results with it, but if it works for you then by all means use it. :yep:

Aggie

Sheba girl I am joining you because I was already doing quite a bit of what LadyP was doing anyway. I already practice the Crown & Glory Method while wearing braids and when I take them out, I wear wigs. So this will be easy for me.

There are a couple of her practices that I was unfamiliar with but for that kind of hair growth, I can easily add them to my regimen and take out some other ones that were unbeneficial to my hair growth. Afterall, I am natural now and this method should not be a huge problem for me.

Poutchi

Hi there,
Just wondering if this can be done on single braids with extensions and just wash and deep moisture every week and keep them in for 2 months and do a hardcore protein before each install. I know I cannot keep wig for a long time, I tried them so much, I have like 5 of them sitting and that have only been use for a week at the most each of them. I would really like to grow this hair through the mean of braiding and I just figure out I can braid my own hair :) So My plan was to transition by doing that. So if the deep moisture method can help me retain more, I will be doing that as well while in braids. HHJ to all :)