I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Aggie

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Hi there,
Just wondering if this can be done on single braids with extensions and just wash and deep moisture every week and keep them in for 2 months and do a hardcore protein before each install. I know I cannot keep wig for a long time, I tried them so much, I have like 5 of them sitting and that have only been use for a week at the most each of them. I would really like to grow this hair through the mean of braiding and I just figure out I can braid my own hair :) So My plan was to transition by doing that. So if the deep moisture method can help me retain more, I will be doing that as well while in braids. HHJ to all :)

The bolded is what I am already doing without any issues, so I think it should be fine.

cmbodley

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Nice! Which ones did you scoop up? I was thinking of getting a couple of half wigs for the begging of the braid cycle so that my braids can peek out at the front. And then switch to a full wig after a couple of weeks for the duration.

This is the wig I'm rocking right now:

http://www.blackhairspray.com/product-p/mdlmm704.htm

It is so cute! I get compliments on it all the time and it works perfectly with my hair braided upward in the back.

Cute wig!!!

Poutchi

The bolded is what I am already doing without any issues, so I think it should be fine.

Thanks Aggie... I just feel like this is the first time I have braids that a the end I will see good progress :) Specially now that I am transitionning, cannot wait to see how much my hair will grow at the end of October :)

Distorted Barbie

I found several wigs on Black Hair Spray that I think are really cute and do not appear too "wiggish"

I have the first one

sheba1

Oh wow, I came home from work and you guys have been busy! :drunk: I'm so glad to have so many growing buddies! Welcome!!

LadyP, I'm so glad you made it over :wave: I was going to send you a PM but no need. Yay!

I've never managed a full on challenge before so this will be neat. I'm thinking this will be more of a supportive place for us to share ideas and discuss how our interpretation of LadyP's methods are working for us. There aren't any hard and fast rules. We are all adults and we all want long, healthy hair. So let's get it!

So some questions for you all, ok?

What is your PS of choice?
Are you natural or relaxed?
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?
What are you using to seal before braiding?
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added?
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products?
How often will you wash? What method? What products?
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often?
What else might you add to reach your goals?

Here are my answers below:

What is your PS of choice? I am wigging it but I may also sew it up
Are you natural or relaxed? I am a 4a/b natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? I used lacio lacio intensive conditioner mixed with a moisture conditioning balm knock off that I'd souped up with some MSM and wheat germ oil
What are you using to seal before braiding? I sealed with coconut oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? african royal braid spray (it's got silk amino acids and wheat germ :lick:)
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? african royal braid spray and coconut oil
How often will you wash? What method? What products? amla/brahmi tea and conditioner cowashes twice a week
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? aphogee two step every other month
What else might you add to reach your goals? I am spritzing my scalp before cowashes with a tea, msm and aloe mixture to combat shedding. I also take garlic and hair vitamins.

JJamiah

I don't apply the DC to my scalp! This is important. I only apply it to the length of the hair itself. I don't want to smother my scalp!

LMAO that you know the wig by sight! :lachen:

Never heard of rockey trading... I may have to mosey over and take a gander at what they have.

I'm always available to answer your questions, Nonie. You have helped me SO MUCH with the facial exercise, you just don't know. Looking at my Big Chop pic in my thread, I was horrified. My face was so uneven and lopsided. SMDH. Now that I've been faithfully doing my facial exercises all this time, my face looks totally different. My cheekbones are sculpted, my features look symmetrical. I am so much prettier now, because of you. I'm always here to help you in any way I can. :rosebud:

I've not gotten good results with it, but if it works for you then by all means use it. :yep:

Isn't that sad :lachen:

Boujoichic

Im in the weave it up challenge till December Im taking my current install out probably early October before my baby comes I may try her method for my last 2 mos instead of another install. This would be the end of about 18 mos straight of PS'in for me cant wait to take my progress pics.

Aggie

Sheba these are some gooood questions girl. Do you mind copying and pasting them into your first post of the challenge for any new members who would like to join and may not find them so far into the thread? You know how we go. Sometimes we don't read all of the pages and just jump right in wherever the thread is - I should know. I'm guilty of doing this myself:giggle:.

Oh wow, I came home from work and you guys have been busy! :drunk: I'm so glad to have so many growing buddies! Welcome!!

Last edited:

sheba1

Im in the weave it up challenge till December Im taking my current install out probably early October before my baby comes I may try her method for my last 2 mos instead of another install. This would be the end of about 18 mos straight of PS'in for me cant wait to take my progress pics.

Oh wow, congrats on your little one, Boujoichic. I can't wait to see your progress after all that time. That kinky install is fierce!

Sheba these are some gooood questions girl. Do you mind copying and pasting them into your first post of the challenge for any new members who would like to join and may not find them so far into the thread? You know how we go. Sometimes we don't read all of the pages and just jump right in wherever the thread is - I should know. I'm guilty of doing this myself:giggle:.

Thanks for the suggestion, Aggie. I'm on it!

Aggie

You're most welcomed Sheba.

While I'm at it, here are my answers:

What is your PS of choice? Braiding with extensions using the Crown & Glory Method and Wigs (whole and half wigs) I have been doing this all along anyway.

Are you natural or relaxed? Natural

What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, an assortment of Jason Naturals conditioners, Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Conditioner, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Creme Of Nature Nourishing Conditioner, and Alterna Hemp Hydrate Conditioner.

What are you using to seal before braiding? Castor oil alternating with Blue Magic Castor Oil Grease:blush:.

What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? I already use Infusium 23 leave-in mixed with African Royale BRX Braid Sheen spray and Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier.

How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Simply spray on the Infusium 23 and Braid spray mixture or TW-PMB daily and seal with castor oil over my braids and wear a plastic cap overnight (like a baggy)

How often will you wash? Once a week.

What method? Diluted shampoo in a large bowl with water and poured over my hair and lightly massage my scalp with my finger tips.

What products? Matching shampoos that goes with the conditioners I mentioned earlier.

What will you use for your hard protein treatment? Dudleys DRC 28 alternated with Ultra Sheen Duo Tek Protein Treatment.

and how often? Once every 6-8 weeks depending on when I take out my braids. I keep them anywhere from 6-10 weeks but for this challenge, no longer than 8 weeks at a time.

What else might you add to reach your goals? A prepoo of aloe vera gel mixed with honey and vegetable glycerine or coconut oil before washing.

[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Stella B.

OK ladies, how are we sealing the hair? Just the ends, or the full length of the hair shaft starting just below the roots, all the way down to the ends? I remember LadyP stated earlier to avoid the scalp when applying the conditioner. I assume the same is true for sealing with the heavy oil?? I'm not a wig wearer, but if I can use a scarf as my protective covering, then I'm in!! LOL :)

Boujoichic

Oh wow, congrats on your little one, Boujoichic. I can't wait to see your progress after all that time. That kinky install is fierce!
Thank you sheba!

TiZi

What is your PS of choice? I am having wigs made
Are you natural or relaxed? I am just about natural...I still have some relaxed ends hanging on
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Im not really sure I dont know what to use...by the way these are the ingredients we are putting in our spray bottle?
What are you using to seal before braiding? not sure
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added?not sure
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products?not sure
How often will you wash? What method? What products? once a week...KeraCare line
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? In between my re-braiding...so about every 6 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? I get excited and want to see my hair to early... so def leaving my head alone

As you can see I left alot out...Im slow :( so just to clarify all of the products are being put in the spray bottle right and then applied to our hair while still in cornrows??

Chameleonchick

Good luck to everyone. I can only do this when it is cooler outside. I did buy lace fronts when they were on sale so I don't have to worry about blending.

smwrigh3

Please add me! I am desperate for something different than these Bantu Knots!

What is your PS of choice? Half wigs and sewin's.... I am thinking about ordering a lace front as well
Are you natural or relaxed? I am 1yr and 1 month post relaxer...thinking of texlaxing.
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? ORS replenishing conditioner
What are you using to seal before braiding? JBCO or grapeseed oil... olive oil if all else fails!
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Aloe Vera juice and glyercin
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? ORS Olive oil mositrizer in bottle, Grapeseed oil
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I will wash once a week with dulited products, Creme of Nature Shampoo, ORS replensihing pack, Aphogee green tea spray, HE long term relationship leave inWhat will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee reconstructor
What else might you add to reach your goals? I am thinking about Megatex but unsure at this moment

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!

Here are my answers:

What is your PS of choice? Natural box braids and Wigs
Are you natural or relaxed? 4A/B Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Skala Shea Butter or Elasta QP Intense.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Coconut oil or Vatika oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? mixture of aloe vera, infusium23(original bottle) and braid spray.
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Use a spray bottle
How often will you wash? 2x wk What method? Co-washing and BS rinses as needed for build up What products? Skala
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? Mega Thick Intense Repair, but it's not hardcore and how often? 1x week
What else might you add to reach your goals? continue to exercise, take vitamins and drink plenty of water.

Vintageglam

Hi Sheba :wave:

Are you natural or relaxed?
Natural

What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?
I am not really sure how this deep moisture method works so my plan is to DC as usual and then do a light spray of protein leave in such as my trusted Matrix Biolage Fortetherapie :love: followed by a moisture leave in like Rusk sensory smoother :cloud9: before braiding up.
Can someone please explain exactly how the deep moisture thingy actually works :look:

What are you using to seal before braiding?
Coconut Oil, Argan oil or sweet Almond oil.

What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added?
I will use my protein leave in mist (watered down with rose water) as I will not be doing protein treatments while my hair is braided.

How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products?
Spray every few days with rose water, aloe vera and glycerine mix followed by my trusted Mizani H20 :cloud9:

How often will you wash?
Once a week. I will also be incorporating steam treatments in my weekly wash and DC sessions.

What method?
Prepoo
Diluted shampoo in applicator bottle method to get between cornrows followed by gentle scalp massage
DC with steam and moisture DC
Rinse
Apply leave ins and air dry in braids or sit under hood dryer on low to avoid mildew and matting

What products?
Do we want to go there :look: :lol:. So much in that stash SMH

What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often?
Dudleys DRC 28 every 6 weeks. I plan to take out my braids every 3 weeks to prevent matting and breakage as well as changing up stress points by varying the direction of my braids. I have traction alopecia so cannot afford any further setbacks, :nono:. I will also alternate my Henna treatments with my protein treatments every 3 weeks (i.e. Henna treatment after takedown at week 3 and Hard protein treatment after takedown at week 6).

I also plan to BKT every 3 months for length checks and to make my hair more manageable (i.e. light heat training). I also wear lace fronts as opposed to half wigs as I found that I was manipulating my hair too much for half wigs for the purpose of blending. Ironically I have found lacefronts to be much better on my hairline than half wigs as they are not elasticated. I DO NOT glue down my lacefronts but rather just secure them with a strap at the back and a few pins where needed at the front. I leave out a few of my own hairs at the front to create a more natural hair line (aka April from muffinismylovers method). I have really liked using this method over the last few months (I BC’d in April) as it allows me access to my hair, allows me to DC and just chill in the evenings or when I am not out at about and feel the breeze on my head. I also find lacefronts MUCH LIGHTER than half wigs and better ventilated so you don’t feel so hot and bothered. I have previously been braiding up into small braids but prefer the cornrows as they will be less manipulation.

Here’s hoping for APL by next December :yep:

ETA: One thing that I really finds helps me speed up my growth is vits and staying on top of eating Iron rich foods. My growth is off the charts when I stay on top of those two things.

Last edited:

Distorted Barbie

What is your PS of choice? Half wigs, full wigs, lacefronts, and maybe senegelese twists this month
Are you natural or relaxed? natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? not sure....ORS or pantene
What are you using to seal before braiding? olive oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? scurl or hawaiian silky 14 in 1
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? scurl mixed with water
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I will cowash 2-3 times a week using Bedhead Moisture Maniac or Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Con (no method in particular) and clarify with suave clarifying poo or was with tresemme natural shampoo every 2 weeks
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee reconstructor
What else might you add to reach your goals? nothing now

sheba1

Hey there, Positivelyradiant!! :wave: Welcome friend :grin:

The Deep Moisture method is when you section off your hair for braiding and dampen with leave in/water/etc to open the cuticle. Then you put your DC of choice on that piece of hair. Massage it in until the DC is absorbed and then seal the DC with some sort of oil or grease. Braid as normal and then leave your braids in as long as you plan to. The DC is not rinsed out until your next shampoo or cowash, really. And even then there is plenty of moisture left behind! That's why we need the hard protein treatment every 6 to 8 weeks to combat all that luscious moisture :lick:

I think that's why this plan is so exciting. Anyone can leave braids in while cowashing, etc. It's the deep moisture with the routine hard protein for balance and the power of PSing that make this regi such a power house.

OK ladies, how are we sealing the hair? Just the ends, or the full length of the hair shaft starting just below the roots, all the way down to the ends? I remember LadyP stated earlier to avoid the scalp when applying the conditioner. I assume the same is true for sealing with the heavy oil?? I'm not a wig wearer, but if I can use a scarf as my protective covering, then I'm in!! LOL :)

Of course you can use your scarf! Come on in. I seal from about half way down. I just took my original braids down so I can do a hard protein since I haven't done one in a couple of years. My hair feels like buttah.

LadyPaniolo

Hi there,
Just wondering if this can be done on single braids with extensions and just wash and deep moisture every week and keep them in for 2 months and do a hardcore protein before each install. I know I cannot keep wig for a long time, I tried them so much, I have like 5 of them sitting and that have only been use for a week at the most each of them. I would really like to grow this hair through the mean of braiding and I just figure out I can braid my own hair :) So My plan was to transition by doing that. So if the deep moisture method can help me retain more, I will be doing that as well while in braids. HHJ to all :)

Yes, absolutely. This is what I did for ages, until my hair became too long to do all of that braiding. Though at first, I wasn't as aware of the need for protein. My hair got overly moisturized and began to stretch and tear. :cry3: I learned that protein is essential when you are doing that much moisturizing.

I do the full length of hair minus the scalp and top 2 inches of hair as far as both conditioner and sealant goes.

Hey there, Positivelyradiant!! :wave: Welcome friend :grin:

The Deep Moisture method is when you section off your hair for braiding and dampen with leave in/water/etc to open the cuticle. Then you put your DC of choice on that piece of hair. Massage it in until the DC is absorbed and then seal the DC with some sort of oil or grease. Braid as normal and then leave your braids in as long as you plan to. The DC is not rinsed out until your next shampoo or cowash, really. And even then there is plenty of moisture left behind! That's why we need the hard protein treatment every 6 to 8 weeks to combat all that luscious moisture :lick:

I think that's why this plan is so exciting. Anyone can leave braids in while cowashing, etc. It's the deep moisture with the routine hard protein for balance and the power of PSing that make this regi such a power house.

Of course you can use your scarf! Come on in. I seal from about half way down. I just took my original braids down so I can do a hard protein since I haven't done one in a couple of years. My hair feels like buttah.

That is a perfect synopsis of the Deep Moisture Method! :yep:

dejaomare

What is your PS of choice? single cornrows not zig zags/ wigs
Are you natural or relaxed? natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Humectress
What are you using to seal before braiding? castor or glycerin
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? scurl
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? with scurl/castor oil
How often will you wash? once a week
What method? condition wash
What products? Suave
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? ORS hair mayo or emergencee
and how often? every 6 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? add megatek/oil to my scalp every other day and biotin/MSM

BlackDiamond21

I worship Ms. LadyP's :fan:progress, so OF COURSE I would join this challenge! I think this is going to be my only challenge for now because I really think I can keep up with this for the next 6 months at least :scratchch

What is your PS of choice? Full and Half Wigs w/ cornrowed or pined up hair.

Are you natural or relaxed? Transitioning from relaxed to natural

What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? I plan to use Silcone Mix & Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol alternately

What are you using to seal before braiding? Africa's Best Carrot & Tea Tree Oil

What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? My spray bottle with water and Silken Child (first time using it will be this weekend!)

How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? I could use some advice in this area :crystalba I will moisturize by using S-Curl on my braids every 2-3 days (every other day made my hair kinda mushy last time I had cornrows) and seal with my ABCTT mentioned above. Is this right? :huh: I mean is it too much or to less? I have never really sealed because I don't understand the concept. If someone wants to PM me to explain, I would sure appreciate it :Blush2:

How often will you wash? Once a week

What method? C&G Method or while hair is in cornrows.

What products? BIOLAGE DELICATE CARE SULFATE FREE SHAMPOO :love:

What will you use for your hard protein treatment? Biolage Intensive Strengthening Masque and how often?Whenever I take out my cornrows.

I plan to use WGO on my scalp at least once a week as I normally do. That is it for now... Will update if something else comes up. :grin:

BTW, when is the official start date of this challenge? :think:

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the tuts posted on the first page. I'm not sure if it's cause I'm on my phone, but I keep getting a message indicating the vids are no longer up. If this is truly the case can someone post another tut? Please and thank you in advance!

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-

What is your PS of choice? Wigs! I'm actually kind of bald (from the BC!) and I can't do anything else :look:
Are you natural or relaxed? Well now, I am natural! LOL
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?IDK yet, but something with all natural ingredients: honey, EVOO, etc.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Castor Oil/EVOO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Umm...water? Is this a trick question?
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Well, I don't have this problem now because I don't have any hair...lol. But I can't keep braids in to save my life, so I'll probably have to cross that bridge when I get there
How often will you wash? What method? What products?Right now? Seldom, because once again, I HAVE NO HAIR! But when I get some hair, I don't plan on washing I will use natural products cleanse my scalp like baking soda and ACV
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? IDK, maybe Aphogee; I'll have to look into some...any good suggestions????
What else might you add to reach your goals? Umm...probably Cherry Lola treatments (very interesting), henna (my first try will be when I get a few inches of hair), etc.

I am really excited about this challenge, it's like my first one and I'm juiced!!!! This 12-month challenge ends right on my 1-year nappiversary and I can't wait!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Poutchi

What is your PS of choice?Single Braids with extensions
Are you natural or relaxed?Transitionning from relaxed to natural, 6months post
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?Silk element Megasilk alternating with silk element Mega Cholesterol
What are you using to seal before braiding?Coconut Oil, Olive oil, Blue Magic ( not sure yet... I am afraid of petrolateum but I need to use up this jar i have at home so that might be the moment to do this on braids )
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added?A mix of Aphogee green tea leave in, Scurls and Infusium 23 repairologie
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products?Spritz hair with my mix every day and seal with same sealing oils
How often will you wash? What method? What products?Weekly washes, add water to shampoo and pour on hair and massage scalp. Milcreek Keratin Shampoo
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often?Aphogee 2 step, every 2months
What else might you add to reach your goals?I plan to prepoo before every wash. I want to restart taking my multivitamines as well. I am also using Megatek and JBCO on my scalp every night

LET'S GROW IT!!!!:brucelee:

fancypants007

I'm interested in doing this challenge, but I will alternate wigs with crochet braids.

MizAvalon

I have already been doing my own version of this. It works really well!

Aggie

Ooooh so many people are joining the challenge, :yay:.

Anyhoo, I have not been this excited to join a challenge since MT/OCT days. I took out my braids last night, twisted it and went to bed. This morning, I unravelled the twists, pre-pooed with aloe vera gel mixed with coconut oil and honey for one hour.

I clarified twice with Mizani Puriphyl shampoo because of extreme itchiness from product buildup on my scalp.

I gave myself a deep protein treatment with Dudley's DRC 28 Protein Treatment and now I am sitting under my dryer with some Alterna Hemp Hydrate Conditioner on my hair for an hour.

I will be hendigoing my hair overnight tonight. I could definitely use the coloring - my grays are coming in fierce.

Then I will cowash it out, moisture mist it, follow up with some more DCing with the Deep Moisture method, plait up, seal and prepare for my half wig.