I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

ms.mimi

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

@Krystle~Hime I followed this regi from beginning to end. Sept.2010 to Oct.2011 This challenge ended Sept.2011 but I kept going a little bit further. It was super easy, I found wigs that really enjoyed and my hair grew but I will not be continuing on with this challenge for another year because I need to learn how to master quick &easy styles for natural hair and thicken my hair up. I posted my results on page 42 post #840 . You ladies have fun and don't spend all your money on wigs because it does become addictive. Good luck!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

I am still in. I was doing this with the twist for growth. Just doing twist with the DMM and putting on a wig. As a matter of fact I just washed and rebraided on Christmas morning.

I went from APL to BSB this year but I need about a .5-1 inch trim that I will be getting done the end of Jan.

I also am stretching (transitioning???) my relaxer. I havent relaxed since June 9 so the is perfect for me to stay out of my hair.

Sorry I dont have pics but I will take some when I straighten before and after the trim.

KaramelDiva1978

I did hang in there for about 5 months, about October last year until March of this year. But as my hair grew and I was able to wear puffs, I too fell off. My hair has still made progress because I took care of it, but I enjoyed wearing my hair out. I have recently purchased two wigs and have wanted to get back into wigging until Spring, its just been difficult. One year is too long for me personally, I love wearing my hair out. LOL!

silenttullip

well... I forgot it about it honestly *runs out in tears like Candice carmon*

cutiebe2

wow so many people dropped off? I have been doing this method for a bit but consistently since October. I plan to go without the wig for the summer so come June I will have some sort of reveal!!! promise :)

nzeee

this was my first challenge ever. i was new to the board and really excited about EVERYTHING. buuut... yah. i think i lasted 2-3wks :look:

i no longer join challenges because i sorta suck.

sowwy. i'll lead myself to the corner w/ the others.

indarican

I think i will be doing something similar to this for the year but im not sure if i will be consistent with it.. I just like the idea of leaving the DC in. especially since i will be wearing wigs mostly from now till june.

Gibsongal

Krystle~Hime. Still doing it. Though I fell off a little bit during the summer because I was proud of my growth during the winter. But I got back on the horse recently. I used wigs, mostly...but when I got tired of that I used hats, snoods, hair wraps. All while moisturizing my hair underneath.

I never had to change my reggi during the winter because my hair was never exposed. This method is simple, but not easy. I admit I missed wearing my hair out. But I have a goal in mind and I'm all in until I reach it.:yep:

smwrigh3

Krystle~Hime

I am still doing it as well! I haven't fallen off at all... Mostly b/c this is lazy and so am I! I don't have a lot of pictures of my hair mostly b/c of the challenge but I found two.:drunk:

This one was Right before I started this challenge in Feb of 2010 I had been Transitioning for about 6 months.

I BC'd August first of this year and this picture is in Sept

I honestly believe this challenge has helped me retain all my length at this point. Its thick and soft and everything else I wanted in natural hair. Im 4a/4b so I also think it keeps my hair super moisturized. I paired this challenged with the hide your hair challenge and braid it up challenge b/c they all worked! :grin:

I wash once a week. DC once a week. Moisturize every night. ABSOLUTELY NO HEAT! I think I am APL but I am to chicken to check! :perplexed

I know my hair growth and retention isn't amazing but I hope this helps! :yep:

transitioning?

I dropped out as well. I completely forgot that I officially joined. I only did this during the winter.

But I'm back at it. How are you guys keeping your hair moisturized underneath.

luvmesumhair

Fell off and cut my hair. Notice the picture below....

TiZi

I did stay with the regime for the entire year. Now I am attached to my 3/4 wigs and cant stop. Maybe I will try something new in the summer. But for now I still it to win it. :yep:

I am currently BSB

started at APL

TiZi

I seen if I can find some. I have already put my hair back up. but perhaps on the next wash

addaboutmyhair

I'm still on it! Also, I started in December, lol. I've been moisturizing like crazy but didn't wash my cornrows like I was supposed to. I'm using a lace front wig and now that I've figured out how to wear it without putting tension on my hair line, I'm excited about the growth I should see. It just makes life easy.

I'm trying to use this method to make it to bsl, which I've never been!

Last edited:

addaboutmyhair

transitioning?

Hey, Sorry I didn't see your question. I thought this thread had died.

So to prevent tension

1. Get your hair cornrowed. Just braiding it up is still too bulky.

2. Play around with the wig. I use the combs but I pull it so that they are pulling back so hard. I think before I was nervous about it shifting or coming up if I couldn't fell the pull on my braid. But it's secure even without tension.

smwrigh3

just trying to see how many ppl are still in this challenge. Should we keep this thread or start a new one. If you are still participating just hit the like button!

janeemat

I am not in it yet, but I have purchased 2 wigs in the last couple of months with plans to follow this. I love reading this thread!

Funmiloves

I want to join for 2012 :clap:

See my signature strip for my starting length for 2012 and I'm wigging it at the moment with a lace front, my hair is cornrowed beneath. I plan on alternating between weaves, half wigs and lace wigs for the year.

Funmiloves

just trying to see how many ppl are still in this challenge. Should we keep this thread or start a new one. If you are still participating just hit the like button!

where's the 'like' button?:blush:

Aggie

I am back to doing this method for this entire year. My hair grew quite a bit from wearing wigs a few years ago and now I am ready to give it another try for the whole year. I love thickly sealing my hair and being able to get to my scalp so easily with this (using LOC) method.

Gibsongal

I'm still in at least until June. I'll add a pic soon.

RayRayFurious

I'm in! I may need to take some breaks from the wigs every now and then, though, but I'm excited!

Redid my braids (I can't cornrow for my life) this evening. I didn't make the whole mixture like she did because I'm not trying to buy any products, just trying to get rid of my PJ stash. So I used Fantasia IC Aloe Vera leave-in, followed up with Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner, and sealed with Castor oil. It left my hair really soft.

I've been rocking my lacefront the past week. I'm trying to make it another before I wash my hair. I'm not going to leave my braids as in as long as LadyP did. That doesn't work for me too, well.

I also took my multi-vitamin, my GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins, and my Fish Oil tonight.

janeemat

Are there any relaxed ladies in this? I was wondering if the relaxed ladies braided there hair while wet/damp or just dry hair. Does your hair tangle when damp while braiding in cornrows. Mine hair does. I am not a good braider, so I just braided my hair in 4 cornrows going back.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
janeemat

I'm relaxed and have been wiggin it for 10 months straight so far. I don't do anything to my hair while wet. I do celie plaitts under my wig because I can't braid. :( The thicker my hair gets the smaller I have to do the plaitts so they can fit under the wig. I wash & redo the plaitts every weekend.

janeemat

@janeemat

I'm relaxed and have been wiggin it for 10 months straight so far. I don't do anything to my hair while wet. I do celie plaitts under my wig because I can't braid. :( The thicker my hair gets the smaller I have to do the plaitts so they can fit under the wig. I wash & redo the plaitts every weekend.

Great....a relaxed sista! Are you stretching? Do you air dry or sit under a hooded dryer. Please share.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
janeemat LOL!! :)

I use to stretch every 6 months but it made my relaxer days much more difficult. So now I relax every 3 months. I airdry all the time UNLESS I'm getting a relaxer and then I rollerset under a hooded dryer.

janeemat

@janeemat LOL!! :)

I use to stretch every 6 months but it made my relaxer days much more difficult. So now I relax every 3 months. I airdry all the time UNLESS I'm getting a relaxer and then I rollerset under a hooded dryer.

Ok....kool. I think I will let my hair dry before trying to braid it. I braided wet last night I seemed to have lost a good bit of hair. I'm right at 9 wks post. I will relax at 12 wks.