I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

LadyPaniolo

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Are you ladies taking vitamins? B/c that's a key part of my reggie. Vitamins for the Hair, from Puritan's Pride, gelatin, garlic oil and Vitamin E :yep: that's what I take in addition to prenatals.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Just a question...who has the hookup on a nice lacefront? I'm a poor college student and...yea, that's all that needs to be said! lol.

Aggie

Are you ladies taking vitamins? B/c that's a key part of my reggie. Vitamins for the Hair, from Puritan's Pride, gelatin, garlic oil and Vitamin E :yep: that's what I take in addition to prenatals.

Is the brand of gelatin you're taking also by Puritan's Pride LP?

I know I need some B-Complex vitamins so I'll be getting those soon.

Hey Sheba, I might be joining you all on this one. I've got to get some things together first, but I'll pop back in:)

LadyPaniolo

Is the brand of gelatin you're taking also by Puritan's Pride LP?

I know I need some B-Complex vitamins so I'll be getting those soon.

Yes, it is. I also get my aloe and coconut oil from there at the same time usually.

Distorted Barbie

Just a question...who has the hookup on a nice lacefront? I'm a poor college student and...yea, that's all that needs to be said! lol.

What about full or half wigs (lace fronts aren't the end all be all), but u can try hairstopandshop.com, hairsisters, goldenmartbeautysupply.com, or lhboutique.com....also check your local beauty supply

sheba1

Hey there BlackDiamond21, the challenge is on right now! I braided my hair the night I read her whole thread. I unbraided it to do a heavy protein in preparation for this month but jump on in whenever you're ready! Welcome!

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the tuts posted on the first page. I'm not sure if it's cause I'm on my phone, but I keep getting a message indicating the vids are no longer up. If this is truly the case can someone post another tut? Please and thank you in advance!

Hey there, what tuts do you mean, DiamondDivyne?

Definitely check out rockeytrading.com before you purchase any wig ever! LOL check out all the regular sites to read reviews, look at pictures, etc. When you've decided one, go to rockeytrading. The wigs and bulk hair run 30% to 50% cheaper there.

Perfect example, a friend hipped me to this wig: http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Wig/SENSATIONNEL-HUMAN-HAIR-FULL-LACE-WIG-VANESSA/index.php

I loved it on her so I went to rockeytrading to see if they had it. Check it out: http://rockeytrading.com/store.cfm?...3&ReturnTo=http://rockeytrading.com/store.cfm

Anyone care for a $45 savings? I sure do! :yep:

There is an order minimum but I find it to be totally worth it. Good luck!

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

So the hair is basically damp for 12 months, under a wig?

Does that mean baggying each night, for 12 months? I presume yes given the need for the hardcore protein at each braid takedown? I'm intrigued.

naturalmanenyc

Be careful with the human hair "lace" wigs by Sensationnel, Modu, Freetress, Outre etc. They tend to have plastic mesh rather than actual French or Swiss lace meaning the knots cannot be bleached and you will need makeup (powder or foundation) to make the parting look natural.

I love my Modu Invisilace but it took a bit of work to make her parting look realistic.

Definitely check out rockeytrading.com before you purchase any wig ever! LOL check out all the regular sites to read reviews, look at pictures, etc. When you've decided one, go to rockeytrading. The wigs and bulk hair run 30% to 50% cheaper there.

Perfect example, a friend hipped me to this wig: http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Wig/SENSATIONNEL-HUMAN-HAIR-FULL-LACE-WIG-VANESSA/index.php

I loved it on her so I went to rockeytrading to see if they had it. Check it out: http://rockeytrading.com/store.cfm?...3&ReturnTo=http://rockeytrading.com/store.cfm

Anyone care for a $45 savings? I sure do! :yep:

There is an order minimum but I find it to be totally worth it. Good luck!

sheba1

So the hair is basically damp for 12 months, under a wig?

Does that mean baggying each night, for 12 months? I presume yes given the need for the hardcore protein at each braid takedown? I'm intrigued.

My hair dried within 24 hours or so. It was dry when I took it down to do my protein treatment. It was soft as buttah, though!

My Friend

LadyPanialo where can I get the deep conditioner that you currently use? TY

hair4romheaven

After careful consideration I will not be doing the deep moisture treatment. I have been using this regi for almost a year and will keep using my mixture of shea butter, wheat germ oil, JBCO and aloe vera to braid my hair up. Same concept just different products. My next wash I will be doing a light protein treatment with Jherri Rehdding & QH.

sheba1

Ooooh so many people are joining the challenge, :yay:.

Anyhoo, I have not been this excited to join a challenge since MT/OCT days. I took out my braids last night, twisted it and went to bed. This morning, I unravelled the twists, pre-pooed with aloe vera gel mixed with coconut oil and honey for one hour.

I agree! I got super excited about the BKT and I still am but it won't do me much good until I reach my goals since I don't plan on wearing my hair out until then. This regi really gets me going. I get excited about all of the good I can do for my hair along the way.

I clarified twice with Mizani Puriphyl shampoo because of extreme itchiness from product buildup on my scalp.

I gave myself a deep protein treatment with Dudley's DRC 28 Protein Treatment and now I am sitting under my dryer with some Alterna Hemp Hydrate Conditioner on my hair for an hour.

I will be hendigoing my hair overnight tonight. I could definitely use the coloring - my grays are coming in fierce.

Then I will cowash it out, moisture mist it, follow up with some more DCing with the Deep Moisture method, plait up, seal and prepare for my half wig.

This sounds amazing! :lick:

sheba1

After careful consideration I will not be doing the deep moisture treatment. I have been using this regi for almost a year and will keep using my mixture of shea butter, wheat germ oil, JBCO and aloe vera to braid my hair up. Same concept just different products. My next wash I will be doing a light protein treatment with Jherri Rehdding & QH.

Sounds great!!

This is all about PSing, keeping moisture/protein balance and nourishing your body in whatever way works for you. Do what feels right! No judgement here.

FoxyMoxie

Don't mind me I'm just watching from the sidelines :yep:

Barbara

Princess

I agree with you. I'm trying to use up everything that I have before I experiment with another group of hair care products. This economy is too brutal for me to be buying anything new.

BonBon

What is your PS of choice? Twists under a wig
Are you natural or relaxed? Texlaxed ends, natural roots, never relaxing again
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Not sure but I may try Keracare MC if I can find it
What are you using to seal before braiding? Coconut oil, JBCO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Dont know yet
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Lush Vanilla Delight, coconut oil
How often will you wash? What method? What products?
I want to wash once per week, will wash in twists with clarifying shampoo fornightly.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee 2 step, 8 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? lm using mn mixed with scalp cream on the scalp, will try and find a wig cap thats not damaging:ohwell: KISS!

BTW Sheba thanks so much on one of your old posts on how to use porosity control. I was having such a problem with my hair for months because it turned crunchy. I tried PC before but it didn't work but when I did it in your order it worked. Happy to have my old hair back LOL:grin:

Last edited:

sheba1

What is your PS of choice? Twists under a wig
Are you natural or relaxed? Texlaxed ends, natural roots, never relaxing again
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Not sure but I may try Keracare MC if I can find it
What are you using to seal before braiding? Coconut oil, JBCO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Dont know yet
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Lush Vanilla Delight, coconut oil
How often will you wash? What method? What products?
I want to wash once per week, will wash in twists with clarifying shampoo fornightly.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee 2 step, 8 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? lm using mn mixed with scalp cream on the scalp, will try and find a wig cap thats not damaging:ohwell: KISS!

Hi Tickledpinkies, :wave: welcome to the challenge! What is Lush Vanilla Delight? It sounds divine!

BTW Sheba thanks so much on one of your old posts on how to use porosity control. I was having such a problem with my hair for months because it turned crunchy. I tried PC before but it didn't work but when I did it in your order it worked. Happy to have my old hair back LOL:grin:

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad it worked for you! I got that from AtlantaJJ as she described the steps of Joico's 17 minute miracle. After hiding our hair with LadyP's techniques we're going to have very long buttery hair!

LadyPaniolo

LadyPanialo where can I get the deep conditioner that you currently use? TY

I just bought a 64 oz bottle of Kenra MC from Beauty-Mart.com. You may want to get a smaller sized bottle :lachen: but it's most cost effective for me to buy it by the gallon :cool2:

That's cool. Whatever works for you.

Sounds great!!

This is all about PSing, keeping moisture/protein balance and nourishing your body in whatever way works for you. Do what feels right! No judgement here.

Exactly. I have never tried to make it seem like what works for my hair is the end all be all of hair care.

Gibsongal

I'd love to join. But have a few?????

Does deep moisture have to be applied every time you shampoo? I plan on pooing once a week.

Speaking of shampoo, what are y'all using? My hair hates poo, but I need something to cleanse my scalp. I might try shampoo bars.

If these question have been answered I apologize. I read the whole thread, but I might have missed some details. Thanks ladies.

sheba1

I'd love to join. But have a few?????

Does deep moisture have to be applied every time you shampoo? I plan on pooing once a week.

The deep moisture method is only applied as the braids are being put in. The braids are then left in place for 1 to 2 months (with all that yummy moisture still in and protecting the hair). After that you can shampoo and DC as normal weekly and moisturize and seal as needed.

I like to put just a dollup of shampoo into a squirt bottle with some water, shake it up and squirt down in my braids. I do the same thing with ayurveda tea rinses adding the tea to conditioner in a squirt bottle. I do the same with my DC of choice, also (watered down in squirt bottle to get all of my hair). I then rinse thoroughly with my shower spray.

Speaking of shampoo, what are y'all using? My hair hates poo, but I need something to cleanse my scalp. I might try shampoo bars.

I am in love with millcreek keratin poo. Their biotin poo is also nice. I only add water to these but any other poo I'll add a little oil in the bottle also.

If these question have been answered I apologize. I read the whole thread, but I might have missed some details. Thanks ladies.

No worries, that's what we're here for.. to help one another :)

Last edited:

Gibsongal

The deep moisture method is only applied as the braids are being put in. The braids are then left in place for 1 to 2 months (with all that yummy moisture still in and protecting the hair). After that you can shampoo and DC as normal weekly and moisturize and seal as needed.

I like to put just a dollup of shampoo into a squirt bottle with some water, shake it up and squirt down in my braids. I do the same thing with ayurveda tea rinses adding the tea to conditioner in a squirt bottle. I do the same with my DC of choice, also (watered down in squirt bottle to get all of my hair). I then rinse thoroughly with my shower spray.

I am in love with millcreek keratin poo. Their biotin poo is also nice. I only add water to these but any other poo I'll add a little oil in the bottle also.

No worries, that's what we're here for.. to help one another :)

Aww thanks for that speed response Sheba1. You have been so helpful. I definitely wanna join. I'll be back in a little while with my stats. Man the thought of not having to comb my hair for 2 months is really exciting. Does that sound lazy????? HAHA. Well I am.

sheba1

Aww thanks for that speed response Sheba1. You have been so helpful. I definitely wanna join. I'll be back in a little while with my stats. Man the thought of not having to comb my hair for 2 months is really exciting. Does that sound lazy????? HAHA. Well I am.

You are very welcome, Gibsongal. hahahaha I don't think you can ask me if that's lazy because I'm biased :look: lol I can't wait, either!! And I get so excited about it because I should have at least one inch of growth by then and the rest of my hair will be protected, conditioned and strong. How cool is that?

Aggie

Thanks LadyP. I will be looking into the gelatin supps as well
Yes, it is. I also get my aloe and coconut oil from there at the same time usually.

I'm sorry about the vague tutorial question. It's the tuts on making u-shaped wigs in the first post. There was also one further down on page one, but none of the tuts would open for me...

Aggie

Ladies I think I am going to relax a lot sooner than planned. I just got done with my henna session and I kid you not, I spent at least an hour and a half detangling this nest. I cannot afford to lose this much time on my hair. I love my napps, but this is getting ridiculous. I have no issues with regular DCing but when henna day comes, I face it with such dread.

Not only that, I am losing a lot of tiny pieces of hair all over the place when I detangle. I feel like I'm losing progress detangling these tight coils. I have a lot of respect for those of you who can manage your tight curls but today, I'm sorry, I've thrown in the towel. I'm relaxing as soon as my hair dries, maybe tomorrow.

I have too many grays not to color my hair and henna affords me the ability to do them every 2-3 weeks without damage. I already pulled out my relaxer, base, pre-relaxer treatment, and my mid-step protein treatment and have them lined up and ready for me. Wish me luck ladies.

hair4romheaven

Exactly. I have never tried to make it seem like what works for my hair is the end all be all of hair care.

I never took it like that apologies if you took it that way. Anyway I was just sharing what products I will be using since we are all sharing tech. and products while in this challenge. I wanted to list what I will be using during this time. Besides I have so many products I need to use before/if moving on to anything else.
Thanks for sharing. ;-)

sheba1

Ladies I think I am going to relax a lot sooner than planned. I just got done with my henna session and I kid you not, I spent at least an hour and a half detangling this nest. I cannot afford to lose this much time on my hair. I love my napps, but this is getting ridiculous. I have no issues with regular DCing but when henna day comes, I face it with such dread.

Not only that, I am losing a lot of tiny pieces of hair all over the place when I detangle. I feel like I'm losing progress detangling these tight coils. I have a lot of respect for those of you who can manage your tight curls but today, I'm sorry, I've thrown in the towel. I'm relaxing as soon as my hair dries, maybe tomorrow.

I have too many grays not to color my hair and henna affords me the ability to do them every 2-3 weeks without damage. I already pulled out my relaxer, base, pre-relaxer treatment, and my mid-step protein treatment and have them lined up and ready for me. Wish me luck ladies.

Good luck, Aggie. You must do what's right for you. And you'll be texlaxed right? Can't wait! You'll have your length and fullness back in no time.

islanchile

Hey ladies, I've been wigging it for a while so I'd like to join too.

This is my first challenge!

What is your PS of choice? Twists under a wig (if I finally master the art of cornrows, I'll switch to that)
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural (but I'll probably BKT in a few weeks)
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? This may change but I'll start with Humectress
What are you using to seal before braiding? ORS Olive Oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Aloe vera gel, glycerin and water
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Infusium 23 and jojoba oil or olive oil in a spray bottle
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Once a week with Creme of Nature Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aubrey Organics GPB once a week while in twists. If I do cornrows, I'll probably use something stronger right after a take down like Aphogee 2 step, which would probably be once a month
What else might you add to reach your goals?
I'm alternating growth treatments. I try to change it up about once a month. Right now I'm using a MegaTek mix on my scalp. In a couple of weeks I'll try an MN mix. I also take hair vitamins. Right now I'm taking GNC Hair, Skin, Nails but I'm going to switch to GNC WELLbeING® be-BEAUTIFUL™ Hair, Skin & Nails Formula as soon as the old bottle is out (but who am I kidding, I'm a product junkie, I'll probably get it tomorrow)

I'm excited :grin: