I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

Aggie

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Good luck, Aggie. You must do what's right for you. And you'll be texlaxed right? Can't wait! You'll have your length and fullness back in no time.

Thanks Sheba. I think I will texlax it, yes. I don't think I'm ready for bone-straight hair. I would still like some texture in my hair, just not this tight to the point I am losing my hair and I am losing a lot of time detangling it = double whammy. Not good, not good at all:nono:

Poutchi

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

hello everyone :).
So today was my wash day after a week of having these braids in. I wash with creme of nature moisturizing shampoo and then towel dried. After that i sprayed my braids with a mix of infusium 23 and african pride braid spray. Then apply Silk element megasilk moisture treatment and massage it in the braids until completly absorbed. then I sealed with Hollywood beauty castor oil ( that jar has to finish :) ). I then oiled my scalp with megatek mixed with JBCO. I will be spraying my hair with the braids spray infusium mix every day until next wash. How are you guys doing?

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-

What about full or half wigs (lace fronts aren't the end all be all), but u can try hairstopandshop.com, hairsisters, goldenmartbeautysupply.com, or lhboutique.com....also check your local beauty supply

Well as you can see in my picture, I don't have enough hair for a half wig (LOL) and I thought the point was to keep your hair covered up and with a half wig, isn't half your hair out? IDK I've never worn one! (I know I'm like fake hair-challenged) and the ONE time I wore a wig, I looked crazy. So I guess I really need to be asking about natural, not super wiggy wigs...where can I find those? lol.

Hey there BlackDiamond21, the challenge is on right now! I braided my hair the night I read her whole thread. I unbraided it to do a heavy protein in preparation for this month but jump on in whenever you're ready! Welcome!

Hey there, what tuts do you mean, DiamondDivyne?

Definitely check out rockeytrading.com before you purchase any wig ever! LOL check out all the regular sites to read reviews, look at pictures, etc. When you've decided one, go to rockeytrading. The wigs and bulk hair run 30% to 50% cheaper there.

Perfect example, a friend hipped me to this wig: http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Wig/SENSATIONNEL-HUMAN-HAIR-FULL-LACE-WIG-VANESSA/index.php

I loved it on her so I went to rockeytrading to see if they had it. Check it out: http://rockeytrading.com/store.cfm?...3&ReturnTo=http://rockeytrading.com/store.cfm

Anyone care for a $45 savings? I sure do! :yep:

There is an order minimum but I find it to be totally worth it. Good luck!

Thanks even the one you put as an example was really nice. I just need to look around.

sheba1

hello everyone :).
So today was my wash day after a week of having these braids in. I wash with creme of nature moisturizing shampoo and then towel dried. After that i sprayed my braids with a mix of infusium 23 and african pride braid spray. Then apply Silk element megasilk moisture treatment and massage it in the braids until completly absorbed. then I sealed with Hollywood beauty castor oil ( that jar has to finish :) ). I then oiled my scalp with megatek mixed with JBCO. I will be spraying my hair with the braids spray infusium mix every day until next wash. How are you guys doing?

Ohhh so you're going to do the deep moisture method each wash! Sounds good.

Doing just fine here. Just moisturizing with african royale braid spray and sealing with coconut oil daily. Man, when I detangled before my hard protein I had hardly any shedding. Like a quarter size worth. My hair is now braided til this time November. Hoping to continue to keep shedding down with garlic supplements and tea rinses.

curlycrocheter

I just wanted to say that i really admire you ladies dedication! I would love to join you guys, but braids don't last that long in my hair, 1 week at the most before they totally fuzz up,and i don't know anything about wigs lol! But I'm gonna be jocking the DMM and cheering you guys on from the sidelines....carry on!

Poutchi

Ohhh so you're going to do the deep moisture method each wash! Sounds good.

Doing just fine here. Just moisturizing with african royale braid spray and sealing with coconut oil daily. Man, when I detangled before my hard protein I had hardly any shedding. Like a quarter size worth. My hair is now braided til this time November. Hoping to continue to keep shedding down with garlic supplements and tea rinses.

Hey Sheba :). I thought that was what everyone was doing :). I completly stop DCing my braids and will only steam them once a week with some oils in ( around mid week) and do the DMM every saturday. I need to start taking my supplements... I sooo don't like taking pills!!! I have a lot of multivitamines here at home that I am sure I can do a whole without the need of buying any. I will start taking them today ( I promise to myself lol).
SO yes I am doing the deep moisture method every week. I think I need that moisture in my hair. I also think I should start adding a protein leave in in my spray... hmmm
I am going to keep these braids in until end of October :)

KaramelDiva1978

I've been doing the C & G wig method for about three weeks now since I had a micro braid session that went wrong with my edges and had to cut that phase short. I just bought another new wig this morning at the BSS that I really, really love and has that natural look to it. I now have two "go -to's" for everyday wear and may seek one or two more to get me through winter. This challenge is coming along at a perfect time to achieve more length.

However I have one question is the deep moisture conditioning method for the use of conditioners that are usually rinsed out? Is there any option to use a deep moisturizing leave in conditoner? Besides this and determining how to wash my hair weekly without messing up my cornrows, I'm pretty sure this challenge is a shoe-in for me. I just want to get the product usage correct.

Thanks!

*Frisky*

What is your PS of choice? Wigs! I'm actually kind of bald (from the BC!) and I can't do anything else :look:
Are you natural or relaxed? Well now, I am natural! LOL
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?IDK yet, but something with all natural ingredients: honey, EVOO, etc.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Castor Oil/EVOO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Umm...water? Is this a trick question?
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Well, I don't have this problem now because I don't have any hair...lol. But I can't keep braids in to save my life, so I'll probably have to cross that bridge when I get there
How often will you wash? What method? What products?Right now? Seldom, because once again, I HAVE NO HAIR! But when I get some hair, I don't plan on washing I will use natural products cleanse my scalp like baking soda and ACV
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? IDK, maybe Aphogee; I'll have to look into some...any good suggestions????
What else might you add to reach your goals? Umm...probably Cherry Lola treatments (very interesting), henna (my first try will be when I get a few inches of hair), etc.

I am really excited about this challenge, it's like my first one and I'm juiced!!!! This 12-month challenge ends right on my 1-year nappiversary and I can't wait!!!:grin::grin::grin:

I love your hair!!!!! Beautiful...I was so closed to BCing a few weeks ago but I just couldn't hahaha

I think I will join you ladies in this challenge..I havent been wearing my wigs that much these last few months but the weather is changing so this is a good time to start back. I am on the hunt to find someone to cornrow my hair.

What is your PS of choice? Wigs and buns..I might try a DIY sew in soon.
Are you natural or relaxed? I am relaxed currently 16 weeks post..trying to make it to 26.
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Skala masques with steam.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Probably will use coconut or castor oil.
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Water
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Some type of leave in and oils.
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I dont think I can go longer than 3 weeks without shampooing/DCing..I am using Skala products.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Dudleys DRC 28..6-8 weeks.
What else might you add to reach your goals? I am attempting to transition so somewhere down the line I might wind up cutting off my relaxed hair either little by little or all at once.

sheba1

Hey Sheba :). I thought that was what everyone was doing :). I completly stop DCing my braids and will only steam them once a week with some oils in ( around mid week) and do the DMM every saturday. I need to start taking my supplements... I sooo don't like taking pills!!! I have a lot of multivitamines here at home that I am sure I can do a whole without the need of buying any. I will start taking them today ( I promise to myself lol).
SO yes I am doing the deep moisture method every week. I think I need that moisture in my hair. I also think I should start adding a protein leave in in my spray... hmmm

Everything I can find in relation to it is while she's braiding her hair up. From there she just says she washes once a week. I think it sounds good to do it weekly! I don't think it should cause any problem.

Glad to hear you'll be taking your multi, good for you :) The protein leave in sounds like a good idea, too, since you'll have all that good moisture. Are you thinking like the Aphogee Pro Vitamin Leave in or more like the Green tea keratin mist?

I've been doing the C & G wig method for about three weeks now since I had a micro braid session that went wrong with my edges and had to cut that phase short. I just bought another new wig this morning at the BSS that I really, really love and has that natural look to it. I now have two "go -to's" for everyday wear and may seek one or two more to get me through winter. This challenge is coming along at a perfect time to achieve more length.

However I have one question is the deep moisture conditioning method for the use of conditioners that are usually rinsed out? Is there any option to use a deep moisturizing leave in conditoner? Besides this and determining how to wash my hair weekly without messing up my cornrows, I'm pretty sure this challenge is a shoe-in for me. I just want to get the product usage correct.

Thanks!

While the method LadyP uses is to use deep conditioner (the kind normally rinsed out), I'm sure you can use whatever products you wish.

If you feel open to it, I would say try it and see. After using the hard protein in prep for my braids, my hair soaked that DC right on up :lick:

I love your hair!!!!! Beautiful...I was so closed to BCing a few weeks ago but I just couldn't hahaha

I think I will join you ladies in this challenge..I havent been wearing my wigs that much these last few months but the weather is changing so this is a good time to start back. I am on the hunt to find someone to cornrow my hair.

What is your PS of choice? Wigs and buns..I might try a DIY sew in soon.
Are you natural or relaxed? I am relaxed currently 16 weeks post..trying to make it to 26.
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Skala masques with steam.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Probably will use coconut or castor oil.
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Water
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Some type of leave in and oils.
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I dont think I can go longer than 3 weeks without shampooing/DCing..I am using Skala products.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Dudleys DRC 28..6-8 weeks.
What else might you add to reach your goals? I am attempting to transition so somewhere down the line I might wind up cutting off my relaxed hair either little by little or all at once.

Welcome, Deepskyblue :wave:

Everything sounds great! Hoping I can get my hands on some skala G3 after while. I really want to try it but I don't want to pay full price for it online :lol: So here is to waiting til spring to (hopefully) find them at Big Lots.

dejaomare

What do u do if your hair isn't long enough to braid?

sheba1

What do u do if your hair isn't long enough to braid?

Hey there, Dejaomare, I would style in whatever way you like to style your hair before you wear a wig. It'll be long enough to braid in no time.

nzeee

New to the board (registered ages ago but never really looked around).

I'm definitely in tho. been reading up on this method for the past couple days and think i'm ready for my first challenge.

What is your PS of choice? currently (as in starting tomorrow) it will be cornrows under a wig. long term it will be med sized single box braids with extensions since i don't really love wigs for more than a couple weeks at a time.
Are you natural or relaxed? natural, 4b/a
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Nexxus Humectress DC, but that may change. may go back to morocan oil masque
What are you using to seal before braiding? castor oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? water/glycerin/aloe vera juice spritz
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? same as above but may try humectin in winter
How often will you wash? What method? What products? generally co-wash every 3-4d which i will continue to do. will clarify wash every 2-3wks i guess. depends on the itchies.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? aphogee 2-step every 6-8wks, after taking braids down. actually, i may take braids down after just 5wks, i'll have to see. i'm another one that gets EXTREMELY fuzzy regardless of how much i wear my satin cap at night.
What else might you add to reach your goals? curious about biotin, gelatin, mega tek but i've never tried any of them so as usual i'll be proceeding slowly. so i may try all or none of these over time

BonBon

Hi Tickledpinkies, :wave: welcome to the challenge! What is Lush Vanilla Delight? It sounds divine!

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad it worked for you! I got that from AtlantaJJ as she described the steps of Joico's 17 minute miracle. After hiding our hair with LadyP's techniques we're going to have very long buttery hair!

Heya, it is actually an all natural body lotion I have experimented with and actually like on on my hair :) Its not too heavy either. Main ingredients: Hibiscus infusion, spring water, organic coconut water and extra virgin coconut oil

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Count me in!

Please sign me up. I'm definitely down for the challenge. :)

What is your PS of choice? Twists or Cornrows under a wig
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural 4B
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
What are you using to seal before braiding? Castor Oil w/ Rosemary EO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Water w/ Rosemary EO
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter and Castor Oil w/ Rosemary EO
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Once a week with Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle)
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? As far as I'll go with protein is Giovanni's Leave In Conditioner once a week
What else might you add to reach your goals? Just my regular multi vitamin and iron pill that my anemia is forcing me to take

In addition to that.......................

I just bought 3 wigs from hairsisters: Opal, Puffy and Valencia Girl. Anyhow, once again, attachments aren't working so below are the links to the wigs. Until they arrive, I will be wearing Oakland Girl by Freetress.

Opal http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=12397
Puffy http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=10232
Valencia Girl http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=5364

So there ya have it. :lick:

sheba1

That sounds goood Tickeledpinkies! Lovely ingredients :yep: I'll keep an eye out for that.

Thank you for joining, Evallusion and Nzeee :wave: You ladies have been added!

aa9746

I'm in enough challenges but I use her methods with my wigs and they work. She's really nice!

Stella B.

Re: Count me in!

Hi everyone! Just took my first hair vitamin-the Puritan Pride one recommended by LadyP. I'll also be taking a chewable multi-vitamin, and of course drinking my egg cocktail. So I guess this means I am officially a part of this challenge. Yay!! I'll be answering the challenge questions in a few days, as soon as I see how many products I already have (conditioner, oils, aloe juice and gel) and can use up. I want to keep new products to a minimum.

LadyPaniolo

I never took it like that apologies if you took it that way. Anyway I was just sharing what products I will be using since we are all sharing tech. and products while in this challenge. I wanted to list what I will be using during this time. Besides I have so many products I need to use before/if moving on to anything else.
Thanks for sharing. ;-)

Oh, no, I wasn't offended. I just wanted to clarify that I don't think my way is the ONLY way to grow some hair. I didn't want anyone to think I was being presumptuous, but I didn't think you specifically were saying I was.

If you are re-braiding every week, that's lots of manipulation. I hope you don't suffer more breakage from manipulating your hair that often! Also, I don't know if that much moisture on your hair will be good for it, or if your hair will get overmoisturized. If it starts to get mushy, to tear or stretch, please step up the protein and slow your roll on the deep moisture. It's possible to have too much of a good thing!

Thanks!

You are asking if it's good to use a moisturizing leave-in as you braid up your hair as opposed to a deep conditioner? I think it can be fine. I have tried MANY variations and permutations on this reggie before settling on what it is now. I found that my hair did not stay as soft when I used anything other than a Deep Conditioner. I tried leave ins like HE LTR, I tried other regular conditioners... Kenra MC is what works best for me, esp when sealed with Vatika or coconut oil. Now that doesn't mean you won't get great results with something else. I'm just sharing what has worked for me.

I'm in enough challenges but I use her methods with my wigs and they work. She's really nice!

:rosebud: thank you!

Poutchi

If you are re-braiding every week, that's lots of manipulation. I hope you don't suffer more breakage from manipulating your hair that often! Also, I don't know if that much moisture on your hair will be good for it, or if your hair will get overmoisturized. If it starts to get mushy, to tear or stretch, please step up the protein and slow your roll on the deep moisture. It's possible to have too much of a good thing!

:rosebud: thank you!

Hey LadyPaniolo. No I am not rebraiding every week. I will keep the braids in for 2 months at a time. The only thing I thought we were doing was instead of DC'ing the braids, we were doing the deep moisture method. I have done it twice so far. I will unbraid one braid to see what is going on inside there lol.

sheba1

Hey there, LadyP. Can you please clarify how you do your weekly wash and DC?

Gibsongal

What is your PS of choice? Wigs. And maybe Braids with extensions.

Are you natural or relaxed? Natural 4B

What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Starting with Suave Humetress

What are you using to seal before braiding? Coconut or Jojoba oil

What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Infusium, African Royal Braid Spray and rosemary oil
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Kimmaytube leave-in/and or S-curl. Seal with Castor oil

How often will you wash? What method? What products? Once a week. Still looking for shampoo, but will start with Curls Cleansing Creme.

What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Afrogee 2 step or Dudley's DRC. Every 6 weeks.

What else might you add to reach your goals? Supplements. Iron 2xs a day. Multi vit. Evening Primrose Oil. Flax Seed oil.

That's my stats. Happy Hair Growing Everyone!!!!!

Oh. Do we need starting pictures?

Last edited:

sheba1

Welcome Gibsongal!! You only need starting pics if you feel like it! Glad to have you in the challenge, my friend. Let's grow some hurr!

Hey Ladies, I was looking at this tutorial and it really made me wanna get a cheapie lace front and leave some of my hair out up front: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2aG2L4FOt4

How cute is that? Longer than I would want but that is just hot hot hot!

Also, check out the growth she got in just 4 months! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWHj0VF9Jo&feature=related :spinning:

naturalmanenyc

That would be a great idea, using a curly wig of course so blending won't be an issue.

I wonder how she was able to dye the plastic mesh? It's not fabric so regular dye probably does not work. She mentioned ajamericandiva as the source for dyeing the "lace".

You can also use a lace top half wig to get a similar effect. I had a few by Sensationnal and I still own Acacia (lace top).

Welcome Gibsongal!! You only need starting pics if you feel like it! Glad to have you in the challenge, my friend. Let's grow some hurr!

Hey Ladies, I was looking at this tutorial and it really made me wanna get a cheapie lace front and leave some of my hair out up front: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2aG2L4FOt4

How cute is that? Longer than I would want but that is just hot hot hot!

Also, check out the growth she got in just 4 months! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWHj0VF9Jo&feature=related :spinning:

sheba1

Good question, NaturalmaneNYC... I wonder if hair dye would do it. Or maybe regular dye would work. Black dye should color any porous material, lace included. She left such a small amount of hair out, I bet I could even blend with a straight wig if I touch it with a little wax or pomade, what do you think?

naturalmanenyc

Here is a photo of the lace top for 2 of my prior wigs.

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/using-a-half-wig/sensationnel-half-w-2/lacetop.html

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/using-a-half-wig/sensationnel-lace-t/thelacetopisdiffere.html

The "lace" on the wigs is not porous or at least I do not think so. It's plastic mesh.

I only know of two brands of synthetic lace wigs that use actual lace (which can be dyed), Ozone aka Aplus and the LHB Signature collection (Luxurious Hair Boutique). I do not own either brand though and I cannot comment on the hair texture or longevity of those wigs.

ETA: It appears that Janet Collection is using real lace now too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBuoEp5ifls

Whenever I try to make a straight wig blend with my 4a hair, I have to flat iron. I tried Black & Sassy style smoother but that did not work out. I still had to flat iron. All of my straight wigs that I intend to keep are full wigs or lace front wigs.

Here is a good tutorial on the lace top wigs and the tiny amount of hair needed to leave out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-1sVSSRvUY

This is a good one too for Acacia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lql8-R8hKwI
This video makes me want to keep Acacia:grin:

Good question, NaturalmaneNYC... I wonder if hair dye would do it. Or maybe regular dye would work. Black dye should color any porous material, lace included. She left such a small amount of hair out, I bet I could even blend with a straight wig if I touch it with a little wax or pomade, what do you think?

Last edited:

transitioning?

Okay here I go.

What is your PS of choice? A full sew in weave with an invisible part/wigs
Are you natural or relaxed? natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Carols Daughter Peppermint Coniditioner
What are you using to seal before braiding? Castor Oil/vaseline
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? DC will be added to freshly washed wet hair
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? Yes What products? This will change. Currently Scurl,coco oil and castor oil. I'm waiting on a mositurizer from bearfruit.
How often will you wash? Once a weekWhat method? I will wash in braids for most of the month. I will wash my hair while loose once a month once I take out the braids. What products? Carols Daughter Peppermint Shampoo
What will you use for your hard protein treatment?I will prepoo will eggs and mayo and how often? Most likely once every two months.
What else might you add to reach your goals? Nothing as of right now

I'm going to the store today to get a wig. Any suggestions?:yep:

LadyPaniolo

Hey there, LadyP. Can you please clarify how you do your weekly wash and DC?

Gladly :yep:

The Deep Moisture Method is the application of deep conditioner followed by sealing during the braiding process.

Weekly DCs are done with the hair still in cornrows. A squeeze bottle with deep conditioner, some oil and warm water is shaken until the consistency is on the watery side. I shoot the contents of the bottle under each cornrow, as well as on top. I make sure my hair is totally saturated, and then sit under my heating cap for up to an hour, followed by a rinse with cool water. I allow the cornrows to air dry fully before putting my wig back on the following day.

eta: I don't know if everyone knows this, but I am fanatical about avoiding heat. I may use it 4x per year MAX. It is a key part of my reggie.

In a nutshell:
very low heat
very low manipulation
vitamins and gelatin supplements
protective styling

Last edited:

Stella B.

Gladly :yep:

The Deep Moisture Method is the application of deep conditioner followed by sealing during the braiding process.

Weekly DCs are done with the hair still in cornrows. A squeeze bottle with deep conditioner, some oil and warm water is shaken until the consistency is on the watery side. I shoot the contents of the bottle under each cornrow, as well as on top. I make sure my hair is totally saturated, and then sit under my heating cap for up to an hour, followed by a rinse with cool water. I allow the cornrows to air dry fully before putting my wig back on the following day.

eta: I don't know if everyone knows this, but I am fanatical about avoiding heat. I may use it 4x per year MAX. It is a key part of my reggie.

In a nutshell:
very low heat
very low manipulation
vitamins and gelatin supplements
protective styling

Thanks LadyP for clarification on your DC process. Until now, I thought that the deep moisture routine was the DC. After your explanation tho, it seems like the deep moisture routine is a seperate treatment done before braiding in addition to the weekly shampoos and DC's. Am I thinking correctly on this one? On the average, do you do the deep moisture every 3-4 weeks, or whenever you feel your hair needs it? Thanks!

**Another question LadyP, that I hope you don't mind answering. After all, you're the expert!:grin: Are any of your DC's done on dry hair in between shampoos, or do the DC's always follow a shampoo?

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

I would like to join :love:

I will post my routine this evening.

Is the deep moisture treatment rinsed out?

I'm waiting for that question to be answered too.

I'm just starting out on my 'struggling hair journey' so from reading the regimen(s) and the plans just seems too much. I'm skeptical about this. Probably can't do it. :nono:
Do you have to wear your hair braided under a wig (even if your hair is short in the front and even more shorter in the back)?