I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 months!

sheba1

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

I'm waiting for that question to be answered too.

The deep moisture is sealed into the hair with oil or grease and then braided up. The hair is not rinsed until the next shampoo day where you'll shampoo and DC like normal. Continue weekly until it's time for the braids to come down, in one to two months.

I'm just starting out on my 'struggling hair journey' so from reading the regimen(s) and the plans just seems too much. I'm skeptical about this. Probably can't do it. :nono:
Do you have to wear your hair braided under a wig (even if your hair is short in the front and even more shorter in the back)?

In my opinion this is one of the best and simplest reggies to begin, especially if just starting out. It will work if you work it. Just remember that, in anything, whether you believe you can or you believe you can not, you are correct. You decide.

The point to braiding the hair is to decrease manipulation. If you have enough hair to braid, I say braid it up. It'll keep your hands out of it and protect your ends. If it's too short to braid, that's fine too. Just cover your hair as you choose and wear your wig until your hair is long enough to braid.

You can do this, by the way. Hair is only a matter of correct practice and time. This is a great method to try and see. Within a few months you'll have retained a few inches. Your hair will be both soft and strong and you'll know if you want to continue along this way.

Gibsongal

Re: I am adopting LadyPanialo's reggie.. Deep Moisture Method, Wig and ALL for 12 mon

Welcome Gibsongal!! You only need starting pics if you feel like it! Glad to have you in the challenge, my friend. Let's grow some hurr!

Hey Ladies, I was looking at this tutorial and it really made me wanna get a cheapie lace front and leave some of my hair out up front: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2aG2L4FOt4

How cute is that? Longer than I would want but that is just hot hot hot!

Also, check out the growth she got in just 4 months! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWHj0VF9Jo&feature=related :spinning:

Man I loved that she pulled the combs out of her wig and replaced them with those good hair pins!!!! That's a genius idea. That wig is hot too.

I'm gonna have to check out your shampoo suggestions. I'll just have to dilute what I have for now.

Aggie

I will mostly be using wigs and half wigs for this challenge and sometimes extension braids. When I am wearing the wigs, I will be unravelling the braids and incorporating some ayurveda haircare on a weekly basis most likely.

I don't want to wait until the powders I have expire on me and I end up throwing them in the trash. It will still be a low manipulation regimen because I will only be detangling my hair once a week and staying from heat except for when I deep condition under a hooded dryer.

In fact, I did a kalpi tone/amla conditioning treatment this morning and my hair feels really strong. Also I henna at least every 3 weeks to keep my hairline dark.

Like Sheba, I think I am going to look for some lace fronts to adopt Mskibibi's technique. I like the dyeing of the lace to wear like a half wig.

sheba1

Hey there, I've been thinking about you. How did your hair come along? Are you happy?

I was just all up in the new ayurveda thread that Flowinlocks started and I think I'll be incorporating tea rinses also. I'll be mixing them with my conditioner before cowash. I'm going to do it while in braids, though, pre oiling my braids before the tea/cowash. This worked wonders for me last summer when I did this every other day. Now I'm just trying to figure out if this will work out with my hair in a sew in, also. hmmmm.... I'm ok with the tea cowash and pre oiled braids but not sure what DC might be best once a week to keep from causing waxy build up in the braids.

Aggie

Oh yes Sheba, I am doing a lot better now that I am texlaxed. I attempted relaxing it but it came out texlaxed and actually it is perfect. So you will be doing your tea rinses right on your braids huh? Hmmm, this just might work also. That way I won't need to unravel the braids on a weekly basis.

I might have to make the teas a bit watery but I'm okay with that. I may mix some of them in with my conditioners for a cowash. I used to do this as a paste a while back. I will try it and see how it goes.

Hey there, I've been thinking about you. How did your hair come along? Are you happy?

I was just all up in the new ayurveda thread that Flowinlocks started and I think I'll be incorporating tea rinses also. I'll be mixing them with my conditioner before cowash. I'm going to do it while in braids, though, pre oiling my braids before the tea/cowash. This worked wonders for me last summer when I did this every other day. Now I'm just trying to figure out if this will work out with my hair in a sew in, also. hmmmm.... I'm ok with the tea cowash and pre oiled braids but not sure what DC might be best once a week to keep from causing waxy build up in the braids.

fancypants007

I'm interested in joining this challenge. My answers to questions are below:

What is your PS of choice? I will be wearing a wig in the winter and crochet braids in summer

Are you natural or relaxed? relaxed

What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?
Tressemme Anti-Breakage Gelatin and B12 conditioner

What are you using to seal before braiding?
Gold Medal Lanotress hairdress

What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added?
Lady Paniolo spray mix

How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products?
My homemade moisturising mix. I will only use as needed.

How often will you wash? What method? What products?
Perhaps once a week. Diluted water and shampoo pour over braids and massage, Groganics Thick shampoo

What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often?
Aphoghee 2 step; when I come out of the braids which will be every 6 weeks

What else might you add to reach your goals?
When I come out of braids, and comb all shedded hair out, I will massage my scalp for 5 minutes with massage brush. I am taking hair vitamins, I will oil my scalp every day with Boundless Tresses serum, I will keep my braided hair ends moisturised at all times. I will also dust/trim my ends everytime I come out of braids.

bklynLadee

What is your PS of choice? I will be using half wigs (i know the front will be out but only a little bit of it and I will be sure to care for it like a baby
Are you natural or relaxed? I got married this past july and had a sew in. in order to blend in my hair for a middle part I relaxed a center part and my edges. the rest of my hair (3/4) is natural. I am partially natural and thefront of my hair is transitioning.
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Aussie moist 3 min deeeep conditioner
What are you using to seal before braiding? coconut oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? i have a mixture of aloe gel, infusium, care free curl gold
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? CFCG (only when i feel I need it). I was doing Adora Adoras method which suggests I should moisturize 1-2x a day however with all this yummy goodness coated on my strands I will have to just pay attention to what my hair needs so tha I do not over moisturize.
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I will wash once a week in cornrolls (i have one cornroll horizontally by my nape and the rest of my hair is braided down vertically. by the 4th week I will take down my cornrolls to do a protein treatment.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? I will use Nexxus emergencee aka alopexxi (something like that). According to the bottle I can do it every 2 weeks. If my hair looks shabby I will take it down every two weeks but if I can make that 4th week (aka less manipulation) then I will go for it. Ladies, do you think its still a hardcore treatment if I can use it every 2 weeks. I know Aphogee 2 step says 6 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? I am also using moe grow around my edges and wherever i might receive tension from the half wig. My temples are nearly bald so they will get some sweet lovin as well. I also plan on taking the vitamins that LadyP suggests. Finally, I spray my ends with pure silk amino acid just to freshen them up and give them extra protection and lovin

VirGoViXxEn

I would love to join this challenge but I am confused about the deep moisture method. Is this to be done before you do the cornnows only?

Aggie

I would love to join this challenge but I am confused about the deep moisture method. Is this to be done before you do the cornnows only?

Yes that is correct.

LadyPaniolo

Thanks LadyP for clarification on your DC process. Until now, I thought that the deep moisture routine was the DC. After your explanation tho, it seems like the deep moisture routine is a seperate treatment done before braiding in addition to the weekly shampoos and DC's. Am I thinking correctly on this one? On the average, do you do the deep moisture every 3-4 weeks, or whenever you feel your hair needs it? Thanks!

**Another question LadyP, that I hope you don't mind answering. After all, you're the expert!:grin: Are any of your DC's done on dry hair in between shampoos, or do the DC's always follow a shampoo?

I only use shampoo rarely... like once a month maybe. Even then I use the gentle poo, I think it's Redkin. I only do the deep moisture method as I cornrow my hair, once a month or 6 weeks. I DC on dry hair often, though sometimes I may wet it first if my scalp itches.

I'm waiting for that question to be answered too.

I'm just starting out on my 'struggling hair journey' so from reading the regimen(s) and the plans just seems too much. I'm skeptical about this. Probably can't do it. :nono:
Do you have to wear your hair braided under a wig (even if your hair is short in the front and even more shorter in the back)?

Yeah, I'm sorry this isn't clear to everyone. I've tried to explain it as best I can and I don't honestly know how to make it clearer.

You don't have to wear a wig; it's just one easy way to protect your hair and still look cute. The braids can be cornrows under a wig or extensions.

Out of the LHCF reggies *I have seen* mine is one of the easiest and definitely one of the fastest way to gain length. If you want to try something else you are more than welcome to and I wish you luck :yep: Everything ain't for everybody. :yep:

what is the purpose of using gelatin?

Gelatin pills are a quick easy way to add protein to your diet without adding lots of calories. Does wonders for the nails and helps your body make keratin (hair).

Yep.

Yes that is correct.

Thanks for answering for me... I can't be here every time someone has a question right away.

HHG everyone.

Duchesse

Between this and the WL in 2013 (I think that's the name of it) challenge, I know I will be celebrating my Dirty 30 bday will at least hair past APL!

What is your PS of choice? Half wigs primarily, though I'm trying to find a nice LF with bangs if they make them like that, or a full cap wig. I keep my hair cornrowed or small box braids pinned down.
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural, 1 yr post.
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Not sure yet.I'm using up my excess products now, but I'm thinking either an AubreyOrganic condish (WC) or Humectress.
What are you using to seal before braiding? Castor oil, EVCO, shea butter mix.
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Water from shower.
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products?A conditioner/water mix spray, nothing specific yet, right now trying to get rid of stuff!
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I wash every few (4)days w/shampoo. Again, I have excess products so right now I'm using Biolage shampoo. After some other stuff is done, I'd like to buy an all natural gentle shampoo. I keep my braids in no more than 2 weeks typically
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Megatek 1x a month till my bottle is done, then Lamaur Bone marrow.
What else might you add to reach your goals? I'm exercising a few times a week and eating a mostly veg diet w/protein shakes, Brewers yeast, Biotin, Flaxseed oil, etc. I also have a pic of myself in my armoire of myself with WL hair, so visualization!

BlackDiamond21

For those looking, I just completed posting on the Hair Exchange a few wigs for sale. Also some weaving and braiding hair. :)

smwrigh3

Just bought three wigs today!!! I cant wait to get started!

NikkiQ

Just purchased 2 new LFs and my first half wig!! I can't wait. I took out my weave, but left the braids in and will leave them in until Oct. 16th. I'll go in for a fresh batch of cornrows then and let the great retention begin!

What is your PS of choice?Wigs and weaves
Are you natural or relaxed? transitioning to natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method?Silk Elements Moisture Treatment is amazing!
What are you using to seal before braiding? EVOO
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added?BRX spray
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? I created my own moisturizing mixture of CFC, HS 14 n 1, EVOO, and water
How often will you wash? What method? What products?I plan on cowashing 2-3x per week with Suave, V05, or Skala and Shampoo 1x per week with a moisturizing shampoo and 1x per month with a clarifying shampoo. While in braids, I will apply my conditioner and shampoo by spray bottle. I have them in separate bottles diluted with water. That way I can spray directly on my scalp and NG.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee 2-min Treatment every 6-8 week
What else might you add to reach your goals? Going to continue using my sulfur based products twice a week

Mahalialee4

Is anyone using their growth aids (sulphur) with this method?

lamaria211

very interesting ive been reading this thread a few days and i think i pretty much have been doing most of what is stated here so ill just contiue. thnks ladies for all your input

Aggie

I ordered boundless tresses and it is on it's way so I'll be using that on my scalp as often as i remember to apply it.

Stella B.

Spent the last few days thinking about this challenge. This is what I'm going to do-

What is your PS of choice? Braids, twists, scarves (since I don't own a wig) lol
Are you natural or relaxed? transitiong to natural -I know it's gonna take a while
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Biolage Ultra Balm/Kenra
What are you using to seal before braiding? coconut oil, castor oil or a mix of two of my fav oils
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? My spray bottle will have a distilled water mix with aloe vera juice, Infusium 23 (original formula), and MT detangler
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? I will moisturize with Alba Botanica, Karen's Body Beautiful Silky and Nectar, and layer with coconut oil
How often will you wash? What method? What products? I will wash 2 X's a month, once in braids, and once when braids are removed.Then I'll do LadyP's deep moisture when I'm ready to braid back up.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Phyto Intense Reconstructor/ Biolage Intense Strengthening mask
What else might you add to reach your goals? JBCO, ceramides, ayurvedic practices and scalp massages
Supplements: Multi-vitamin, hair vitamin, jello,:) sea kelp, and of course I'll continue to drink my egg hair cocktail!
I'm so excited to be starting this challenge next week! I 'll get a chance to use up a lot of products that I have on hand. Thanks, @sheba1 for the the thought provoking questions to help us get going. Looking forward to having happy healthy hair the LadyP way!

Last edited:

VirGoViXxEn

I'll be back to post regimen shortly.

When is the official start date for this challenge? I know if I follow this for a year my hair will grow. Wigs have helped me so much already!!

VirGoViXxEn

What is your PS of choice? Lace Front
Are you natural or relaxed? Texlaxed
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Alter Ego Garlic or Alter Ego Shea Butter/Coconut Mask or maybe a mix of both
What are you using to seal before braiding?JBCO and Moroccon Oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Dilutted Alter Ego Energizing Poo (Scalp Only)
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? HS 14 in 1 and seal with JBCO
How often will you wash? What method? What products? 1x a week (Sunday) All products will be dilutted: Poo – Alter Ego Energizing, DC – Keracare Humecto mixed with Cholestorol, JBCO, Rosemary and Lavender Oil then Porosity Control rinse.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? Aphogee 2 Step every 4 to 6 weeks
What else might you add to reach your goals? MT, GNC Hair Skin Nails, Biotin, Super B Complex, Alter Ego Engergizing Drops & Nightly whole head baggy with HS 14 in 1. I currently use all of these products in my regimen.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-

:update: I bought my first lace front; I wanted a curly style because ultimately that's how I want to wear my real hair and I've never been one to have no hair on Thursday and hair down my back on Friday afternoon...Anywho, I am hoping it gets her around this upcoming Monday, it's getting cold here and I am already tired of fooling with this TWA everyday to make it look like something!:lachen:

Aggie

:update: I bought my first lace front; I wanted a curly style because ultimately that's how I want to wear my real hair and I've never been one to have no hair on Thursday and hair down my back on Friday afternoon...Anywho, I am hoping it gets her around this upcoming Monday, it's getting cold here and I am already tired of fooling with this TWA everyday to make it look like something!:lachen:

OMG! Where did you get this lovely wig and what is the name of it? I want one just like it. Can I get it online?

Aggie

Today I did an ayurveda tea rinse and cowashed with WEN Tea Tree Conditioner on braided hair. Sprayed in my infusium 23/brx braid spray leave-in mixture and added some shealoe butter as a sealant. No deep moisture due until another 2 weeks.

lolascurls

I'm so in!
I just got another curly half-wig today!

lolascurls

What is your PS of choice?Half-wigs
Are you natural or relaxed? Transitioning to natural from texlaxed
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Giovanni Smooth as silk conditioner or Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac conditioner
What are you using to seal before braiding? Coconut oil (Vatika) and castor oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Aloe vera juice spray, maybe with some infusium 23 added.
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Spray of aloe vera juice with smooth as silk conditioner or Organics Leave-in Hair Mayo layered on before vatika oil!
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Co-washing weekly at least whilst in braids. I want to dilute my co-washing conditioners (VO5 etc) and finish with an ACV rinse.
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? I'll try the Aphogee two step then use my megatek and Aphogee 2min Keratin every month!
What else might you add to reach your goals? MSM, Biotin, Spirulina, Garlic oil pills, I'll even look into the gelatin pills!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

What is your PS of choice? Full wigs w/ cornrows or small twists underneath
Are you natural or relaxed? Natural
What are you using for your DC of choice for the deep moisture method? Wheat germ oil+Aussie moist+jojoba oil+aloe vera juice
What are you using to seal before braiding? (Liquid) Crisco or castor oil
What are you using to wet your hair before DC is added? Aloe vera juice spray
How will you moisturize and seal while PS is in? What products? Spray of aloe vera juice then my leave in mix. Seal with (liquid) crisco or castor oil
How often will you wash? What method? What products? Co-washing on Wednesday, DC on dry hair on Mondays and DC with steam on Fridays
What will you use for your hard protein treatment? and how often? I’m going to mix some joico (trying to get rid of this) with mane and tail and duo text and sit under my hooded dryer.. I will only do this before my next set of cornrows
What else might you add to reach your goals? My vitamins, topical GA and scalp massages

BonBon

Well I went to the BSS to fix up my wig cap game today. I managed to get a satin mens skull cap in black. I also bought this in lilac:

HOWEVER, why is it that some supposedly "satin" products don't feel satin at all when I take it out the packet:nono:. This is the second satin product I have had that feels kinda rough inside like mesh. I usually have to turn them inside out and use the slightly smoother side. Will have to sleep with a baggy underneath it.