I am convinced Haitian women have a hair secret....

beawo

daviine said:
Just wanted to say hi beawo! :wave:

Long time no see!
Thanks for the welcome back. I have being here but just lurking I was natural for a year and a half but got my hair relaxed again because it was too difficult trying to manage my natural hair.

I tried that Micheline de Paris site and they don't ship to Australia either.

carletta

beawo said:
Yeah this is a really good thread. Are there any other sites to order these products because all the sites mentioned don't ship to Australia.

hey sweetie, try www.naturemd.net :)

beawo

carletta said:
hey sweetie, try www.naturemd.net :)
I tried the site but they too don't ship to Australia. Its so unfair! I tried emailing Guesso for the products and they don't have the vegemoelle but they have the Minoval, I think they might be able to ship it to Australia, not sure yet.

iCandey

I got my stuff from guesso. I cant believe it came so fast....i will use the minoval on my broken spot and the bouffe on the rest and maybe mix the boeff with minoval since minoval is kind of drying...I am excited I will stay consistent andlet you all know the resulsts...a little bit of boeffe goes a long way...

carletta

carletta said:
yeah, i'm going to order mine from www.naturemd.net - this will be the first time ordering anything from them, so we'll see how it goes! by the way, Ellis where do you get your minoval from ?

hey! I got my minoval today! :woot: I use some the second that I opened it! It took naturemd about 5 days to get it to me, from the time that I ordered it ! wish me well on this I'll let ya know how it turns out ! :clapping: :yay:

missvi

God is Good!!
I have used minoval before and my hair fell out!!!
My hair line and my nape broke off, I don't like minoval at all!!!!!
But I know people who love it.

Last edited:

Kinkyhairlady

missvi said:
I have used minoval before and my hair fell out!!!
My hair line and my nape broke off, I don't like minoval at all!!!!!
But I know people who love it.

I am sorry for your bad experience with minoval. I have used it with good results but that is true it is not for everyone. I do know people who did not have good results with it.

iCandey

I will see. I need to listen to my scalp so if it gets sore again I will know what it is and stop. I do like the Moelle though. -M

Ebony

Well ladies, my bf's father left for Mexico this morning to help an American friend sell their home over there.He'll be in Mexico for a month & is fluent in Spanish. I wish I'd read this post yesterday, but I will call him now & ask him to hunt for this Mexican miracle hair vitamin. Wish him luck! He's going to get tired of me because I will surely call him twice a week to track his progress! I wish I knew the name & I could have him buy it & ship it to me at once! If anyone gets a name, please let me know.

Ebony

By the way, whatever he finds, I will be sure he gets an address or website for the product. In the meantime, I'm going to have my younger relatives ask some of their Mexican friends about this "secret" hair vitamin back in my hometown of Freehold, NJ, which has a huge Mexican population now.

Mahalialee4

Do Haitaian women use protective styling? What would be a typical hair regime for natural haired Haitian women? Bonjour

GinnyP

Lucia said:
Stil bepan is just the name no trans.
L'huile masqueti= maqsueti oil only available if someone gets it from a Haiti or a Haitian store.
Moille de bouef=cow bone marrow (yes it really has it in there it's not just the name)
maybe there is an online source. Did you ladies know that Mexicans have a "hair vitamin" that makes their hair grow like a weed.
hth
Hey did you ever find the name of the hair vitamin that makes hispanics hair grow like weeds?

dstdiva

i just got the mouelle de bouef. who else is using it? do you mix it with anything? i know the directions say to put it on your scalp, but i know that many people on this board are hair scientists!!

tryn2growmyhair

sugarsweet said:
I know doo grow really works for me. I put it on everyday and it has worked wonders for my hair, it increased the growth rate and everything. The oil that I used called DOO GRO Medicated Hair Vitalizer
Triple Strength for severely damaged hair promotes strong healthy growing hair 4oz

Even if your hair isn't damaged it still works for growing hair.
hopes this helps a little :) :grin:
I bought Miss Antilles leave in (in the white bottle) when I was on vacation. Has anyone ever used this and has it worked for them? Thanks.

tryn2growmyhair

_lovelyness said:
Are you going to but it online ? Cuz if that is the case, I wouldn't mind the link to the website. :D

Loveliness, if you live in France you do not need to go online. Are you close to Paris? The equivalent of Manhattan's 125th street is passage de l'industrie (you probably already know this). I was just there and I saw all of this stuff there. You can go into any of the MGC or to Cyra Lydo and the other stores and you should see this stuff.

I am surprised that people are sweating the moelle du boef and these other products. I have seen these products every time when I have been on vacation in France and, I am sorry, but many of our sisters' hair in France was quite frankly jacked up. It made me scared to use the products that were being sold in the bss there. I was like, why is there such a huge difference in the length and hair of the majority of women of African descent (I am excluding women who looked like they were mixed) in the States and in Europe? A lot of people had weaves, it was really sad. I wanted to tell them all about LHCF. It might be that people are not sticking to what is tried and true and are using lots of heat, etc and super synthetic products like Pink Oil. I saw a number of women reaching for Pink Oil at these Parisian African beauty supply stores and I wanted to be like, what are you doing? It's ironic that I was in there looking for products that are hard to find in the states and they were buying Pink oil.

I also passed by a number of the beauty salons that were in that area (like 125th street people will try to stop you to get your hair done. I've just decided that if anyone needs to advertise in this fashion I should run in the other direction :look:) and I was scared by what I saw in the window! Traction alopecia on the sides, some people's hairlines were starting at their ears almost. It was too bad.

tryn2growmyhair

chanou said:
I used minoval from the time I was 13 to 18- I always had about an inch of new growth a month but I was never able to retained length because of course I would get a retouch every 4-5 weeks. It's kind of tingly.. and it's in all the beauty supply stores in Miami.

I 'm ashamed to say that I've been using the Keralong "L'huile de Karite" don't know what it means... (wasn't trying to keep it a secret), an aunt sent me small bottle. I added it to my castor and wildgrowth oil concoction. I haven't been paying much attention to my hair because I'm transitionning and always in braids.

Karite means shea butter in french. Huile means oil.

HWAY

dstdiva,

I found the moelle de boeuf to be a bit heavy on my scalp so I mix it with castor oil or jojoba oil and put it in my hair.

dstdiva

HWAY said:
dstdiva,

I found the moelle de boeuf to be a bit heavy on my scalp so I mix it with castor oil or jojoba oil and put it in my hair.

i might try that. have you seen any benefits from the moelle de boeuf yet?

HWAY

I think I have . It's only been two weeks but I think my hair feels less dry and is growing.

Tai

Has anyone found the name of the hair vitamin that was mentioned earlier in the thread? I've been anxiously waiting. :yep:

Miss*Tress

tryn2growmyhair said:
I am surprised that people are sweating the moelle du boef and these other products. I have seen these products every time when I have been on vacation in France and, I am sorry, but many of our sisters' hair in France was quite frankly jacked up. It made me scared to use the products that were being sold in the bss there. I was like, why is there such a huge difference in the length and hair of the majority of women of African descent (I am excluding women who looked like they were mixed) in the States and in Europe? A lot of people had weaves, it was really sad. I wanted to tell them all about LHCF. It might be that people are not sticking to what is tried and true and are using lots of heat, etc and super synthetic products like Pink Oil. I saw a number of women reaching for Pink Oil at these Parisian African beauty supply stores and I wanted to be like, what are you doing? It's ironic that I was in there looking for products that are hard to find in the states and they were buying Pink oil.

I also passed by a number of the beauty salons that were in that area (like 125th street people will try to stop you to get your hair done. I've just decided that if anyone needs to advertise in this fashion I should run in the other direction :look:) and I was scared by what I saw in the window! Traction alopecia on the sides, some people's hairlines were starting at their ears almost. It was too bad.
I live in Paris and I can confirm what you say, tryn2growmyhair: sisters with overdone weaves, too tight braids, no hairline, dull and unhealthy looking hair. Plus the water here is very hard and it takes a toll on hair when it's not cared for properly. Even white people have dry and dull hair. One of my West Indian friends has the same type hair as I do, but when you see how straw-like hers is, you'd never guess.

Also, people do not use products correctly. As a result for a long time I turned up my nose at French products (even PhytoSpecific). My first "touch ups" were applied to the entire length of my hair. Once I wanted to trim my shoulder length hair and ended up with the back of my hair entirely shaved off.

I'm just now overcoming that trauma because I found a very good stylist. Between his advice and LHCF I'm finally back on track with my hair.

tryn2growmyhair

MissBiss said:
I live in Paris and I can confirm what you say, tryn2growmyhair: sisters with overdone weaves, too tight braids, no hairline, dull and unhealthy looking hair. Plus the water here is very hard and it takes a toll on hair when it's not cared for properly. Even white people have dry and dull hair. One of my West Indian friends has the same type hair as I do, but when you see how straw-like hers is, you'd never guess.

Also, people do not use products correctly. As a result for a long time I turned up my nose at French products (even PhytoSpecific). My first "touch ups" were applied to the entire length of my hair. Once I wanted to trim my shoulder length hair and ended up with the back of my hair entirely shaved off.

I'm just now overcoming that trauma because I found a very good stylist. Between his advice and LHCF I'm finally back on track with my hair.

Thanks for this information. I am sorry that you had to go through all of that. It was traumatic for me to see all of the sisters hair. In the part of the States where I live, wellcared and at least shoulder length hair is not an exception. But when I looked closely at the one non-mixed woman that I saw with thick shoulder length hair -- it looked like a weave! One woman was walking up Passage de l'Industrie flicking her hair and acting like she was the ish -- I thought to myself -- Girl, we both know that hair aint yours!

I mentioned the sisters because that's the topic of this forum, but I was shocked at the conditions of the white women's hair too -- I thought that it was ironic that everyone in the US is always going on and on about French beauty products! Well the hair on the heads of most of the women on the streets of Paris was nothing to write home about.

I noticed the hardness the water and that is one of the reasons that I did not wash my hair while I was there. I would have needed a good water purifier before ever allowing that water to touch my hair because it is used to soft water. I had been to another city with hard water and my hair started to shed from the ONE wash that I had done there, despite the fact that I had used UBH conditioner and a moisturizer, so I knew to wait until I got home, which was in just a few days anyway.

You are also confirming what I saw at Passage de L'Industrie! I looked inside the windows of those hair salons and I was downright scared! The hairstylists were being so rough women's hair and I know that people's hair normally does not look right halfway through being done, but people's hair looked downright wild! Something just wasn't right.

I am happy that you found a good stylist. Could you please share his name with us or PM me with it? I spoke to people who avoid Passage de L'Industrie and go to other salons in Paris. However, as far as I can see, they are spending so much money on their hair that it would be cheaper for them to fly to New York and get their hair done there and fly back home :eek: I am serious!

I am so happy that I found LHCF, so I now am almost completely independent of hairstylists except for touchups! LHCF empowers us to take care of our hair no matter where we live!

Miss*Tress

My stylist is Taj, the owner of HairyTaj. He and his staff are bilingual in case your friends don't speak French.

(The hard water could explain why I shed so much; hadn't thought of that.)