I am convinced that the Ionic blowdryers are better for hair - A review

HoneyDew

Ladies, I am an airdryer, but sometimes I have to whip out my blowdryer. I have a Rusk HyperIonic:

Hyper Ionic Professional Ceramic Dryer with 16 Ionic Chambers

Unsurpassed power to weight ratio! Rusk's Hyper Ionic dryer, boasts a state of the art AC motor. The Hyper Ionic is more powerful yet lighter in weight than traditional dryers. This 1900 watt ceramic dryer emits far-infrared heat and negative ions to dramatically reduce hair's drying time. Far-infrared rays dry hair from the inside out leaving each strand silky, smooth, soft and shiny.

My hair is actually very soft after using this dryer. The moisture level in my hair is amazing whenever I have to use my dryer.

BUT, this weekend I have been forced to use the a crummy hotel blowdryer, the amazing Jerdon First Class 1500 Watt Wall Mount Turbo Style - NOT!! There was nothing ceramic or ionic about this piece of crap - and the LOW setting was broken.

When I used that thing, at one point I saw some smoke! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I never see any crap like that with my Rusk Hyper Ionic.

I did not blowdry my hair totally dry with that dryer because my I was scared. But, the parts that did dry were not soft and moist as normal and I saw a little breakage after I styled my hair.

I have willingly been spoiled by ionic dryers at this point and I am never going to just use a regular dryer again.

Personally I am against the use of a blowdryer, anyway, but if you need to use one, please use the ionic ceramic ones. The Rusk one is a bit expensive, but there are cheaper ones. Don't fry your hair like I had to this weekend. :( :mad:

SvelteVelvet

I agree! I don't have a hand-held dryer but I have an ION Hard Bonnet and not only do I think it helps as far as conditioning properties, I love that it dries my hair in half the time of the others. I also purchased a ceramic flat iron that is suppose to release Ionic heat.

Angelicus

I'd like a blowfryer also. If there is a review on the CHI brand blowfryer, please send me a link to it via PM. Thanks!

chocolate01

I agree! I bought my first ionic blowdryer about 3 years ago, there is no way I can go back to using regular blowdryers.

HoneyDew

Ladies, I am getting breakage now after using that thing. :( I cannot remember the last time I used something like that on my hair.

And to think - I used to use it back in the day without even thinking about it. :look:

Spin

anky said:
I'd like a blowfryer also. If there is a review on the CHI brand blowfryer, please send me a link to it via PM. Thanks!

I have the Chi Rocket. I love it! My hair is always very soft afterward. I had the Andis 1850 Ionic. My hair would be as dry as a desert. Also, the comb attachment has widetooth picks and is not as flimsy as most.

Ayeshia

My hair was as straight as a pin when the assistant stylist used the CHI Rocket to blow dry my hair...and the shine and swing was ubber. This was with a dime sized amount of serum too ...I was truly impressed. I will be investing in one when I can afford it.

HoneyDew

kriscarp said:
I have the Chi Rocket. I love it! My hair is always very soft afterward. I had the Andis 1850 Ionic. My hair would be as dry as a desert. Also, the comb attachment has widetooth picks and is not as flimsy as most.

My Andis was not all that, as well. It was okay - better than that dryer I used this past weekend. But when I used my Rusk Hyper Ionic I was like :eek: I don't use a comb attachment, I just use it to get my hair dry not straight, butn the moisture level in my hair was amazing.