I am starting to get compliments on my hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by slw980205, May 30, 2009.

1. slw980205

slw980205 New Member

Hey ladies, I just wanted to say a thank you for all the help and advice you give on this forum. I have noticed that people are starting to compliment me on my hair and ask me for advice on how I take care of my natural 4b hair which has never happened. Now my hair isn't nearly where I want it to be in terms of length but I've been reading and learning a lot from everyone. I feel like I have a good regimen and good products. I transitioned for a year then finally did a BC. I have been all natural for almost a year and have finally figured out how to take care of my hair. I am about shoulder length straightened and would like to reach MBL to WL straightened in 5 years so hopefully I can get there. Some things that I learned from this board that has helped me is regular deep conditioning with heat, protective styling, no/minimal heat, and dusting 2-3 times a year. Thanks again everyone for showing me that women of color can have beautiful healthy long hair.

2. Coffee

Coffee Well-Known Member

Isn't it a nice feeling when people noticed your hair AND ask questions? I've had several ladies in church asking for advice for them and their children:grin:.

3. SEMO

SEMO Well-Known Member

That's awesome to hear. It's flattering to have people come to you for hair advice.

4. Mitre

Mitre Well-Known Member

Good for you.

5. slw980205

slw980205 New Member

It is flattering and surprising since no one has ever really said anything good about my hair before.

6. HoneyA

HoneyA Goal:Hip length stretched

You can bet there will be more compliments where those came from. just be consistent! HHG!

7. Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll New Member

Very happy for you. Keep up the great work! It's always a blessing to use your experiences to help others.

8. Country gal

Country gal Well-Known Member

It does feel good getting compliments on your hair. Keep up the good work. This board has been a life saver for me too.

9. hillytmj

hillytmj Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Congrats!