I asked for 8 cornrows.....

happycakes

... but somehow I ended up with 17. I went to the Braid shop on Sunday and asked the lady to put in 8 cornrows. I am wearing a half-wig and wanted to protect my hair for the next 4 weeks. Well, I handed her two packs of Kankelon hair and she replied you don't need that much hair, if we put too much hair in it will be too stressful on your hair. I just understood that we were'nt going to use much hair for the 8 cornrows, fine. Then....

I knew something was going wrong when I she came parting and parting and all the time I thought she was on the last cornrow. Well, by the time I looked in the mirrow I had 17 cornrows about the size of half a pencil. I was really upset, but because I'm nice and I know she meant well, I paid her and left. :perplexed

Now days later, I am still thinking that these braids may the pulling my hair out. I don't want to have my ends clipped anymore this year. I swear I have lost about 3 inches because my ends were badly damage from those tree braids. Evey since then my main focus was to keep an eye on my ends.

Has anyone had any major shedding from small cornrows? Should I go back and ask her to do them over or should I wait it out? How can I protect my ends as to avoid another trim in December for my completion of "hiding til Christmas"?

It's situation like this that upsets me. All that hard work that I put into my ends this year to have someone mess it up in one day - because she thinks she knows what is best for my hair.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to you all. :p

Pink-O

renee_n_3000

Pinkopulence, I'm sorry that I don't have any advice to offer concerning the braids but I hope aren't really pulling your hair out. I understand paying for hair services you aren't happy with because I've done that a couple of times. But, I would not go back to that lady again. Is there someone else you can go to next time or someone you trust that you can ask to recommend someone?

shunta

renee_n_3000 said:
Pinkopulence, I'm sorry that I don't have any advice to offer concerning the braids but I hope aren't really pulling your hair out. I understand paying for hair services you aren't happy with because I've done that a couple of times. But, I would not go back to that lady again. Is there someone else you can go to next time or someone you trust that you can ask to recommend someone?
Yeah, I would just get someone else to do it.

The Girl

I dont think the small braids will hurt as long as they aren't super tight=they are sore! you can put some sulphur 8 on your edges ( I know it stinks but I dont know what the more pleasant alternative is)

as long as they are not tight your hair will not come out....and as far as your ends, just keep them moisturized (don't forget to seal) and your ends will be fine as well. I had micro braids in for 8 weeks and did not need a trim afterwards.....

Amarech

This is why I taught myself how to cornrow. I hated having to tell people that they didn't do it the way I wanted and I hated having to wear a style I didn't like......

It's hard....if they hurt and are too tight I say take them down. I feel you on the ends thing. I watch my ends liike a hawk...

happycakes

Thanks Ladies.

I had problems finding my own post after Thanksgiving. :lol:

The cornrows aren't too tight and have since loosen up since last week. I think I will keep them in for another 2 weeks. However, the next time, I am going to tell her or whoever does my cornrows upfront that I am not paying for more than 8 cornrows, so will she agree to do just 8 cornrows ('cause I am going to count every cornrow to ensure that I only get 8 :perplexed ).

cornrows. That was okay, but don't go increasing from 8 - 17 cornrows. :mad:

What's wrong with folks these days? But seriously, we have to take a stand and do what makes us feel comfortable. It's my hurrrr darn-it and I have hair goals and expectations!!! All my no-combing, vitamin taking, seaweed eating, exercising and drinking water will not be in vain you hair braiders!!!!

Sorry I'm getting a bit carried away. :) Thanks again girls.