I BC for the last time, Plus Pics of my Sew-In and Yarn Braids!

ReeseNicole

It's seriously been a minute since I've posted on the boards. I BC in February actually, but i cant find my SD card with those pics. I was supposed to wait at least a year, but one day my dad was flipping through my camera and pointed out to me that he loves my hair curly opposed to straight. That was all it took lol. Later that evening I BC, couldnt wait anymore, plus, the breakage and shedding was rocking my last nerves and I didnt want to straighten it and cause heat damage.

To keep this short and sweet, here are some pics of my hair after I took down my sew in. I installed the sew in after I BC though :rolleyes: Got a little nervous with my hair being so short. I kept this sew in in for 3 months. My hair is not 4.5-5 inches all around.

I plan to keep my grow my hair out with sew-in weaves for at least a year because I retain the most length this way. When my year is up I'll decide then whether to continue to rock sew-ins or wear other styles like natural twists. My BC anniversary goal is SL and my long term goal is MBL.

I attempted yarn braids for the first time after watching some You-Tube videos, I am a DIYer all the way baby! They took forever!! But, I did like the results and they are soft and stay moisterized very well! The only negative for me is that braids wreck havoc on my hair line, so I dont think I'll be braiding anymore after I take these down today; its been 3 weeks and I need to feel my own hair!

Well, that is all, please enjoy the pics, there are more. I wont leave you hanging without more pics of the braids and sew in would I???

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 225

ReeseNicole

Here are the rest of the pics..Enjoy!:yep:

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 111

lilsparkle825

Love it! Yay for DIYers too....I learned how to do my own braids/twists and it has saved me and my sister soooo much money. She's even learning now so she can work on other people's hair like I do.

With the yarn braids, could you try making the ones near your hairline smaller so they don't pull on your edges as much? This is what I had to do on myself since my hair is so fine/thin. Also, I love that sew-in. Is that BSS hair?

ReeseNicole

Love it! Yay for DIYers too....I learned how to do my own braids/twists and it has saved me and my sister soooo much money. She's even learning now so she can work on other people's hair like I do.

With the yarn braids, could you try making the ones near your hairline smaller so they don't pull on your edges as much? This is what I had to do on myself since my hair is so fine/thin. Also, I love that sew-in. Is that BSS hair?

Girl yeah, nothing against anyone that's willing to spend bank for hair, but I'm a college student with a college student budget. I make it work lol

ms.blue

wonderful job! I kept my hair in weaves & braids after my bc back to back for like 2 years. Weaves are a great way to retain length.

Ijanei

Nice....you can rock any style...the curls are cute...the twists are very pretty on you and the str8 hair is also beautiful

(off 2 youtube)

brucebettye

Your hair looks great short and natural, with the yarn braids, and the weave. You looks so cute with all your styles, keep up the good work.

Harina

Oooh, those are nice!!! A Few questions:
What yt videos did you watch? What kind of yarn did you use and how long did they take you to do?

ReeseNicole

Oooh, those are nice!!! A Few questions:
What yt videos did you watch? What kind of yarn did you use and how long did they take you to do?

Muchos Gracias Riverrock!! I watched the yarn braid tutorials by BlackOnyx. The yarn brand was Red Heart, 100% Acrylic from Walmart and they took a LONG time. The pic showing their length will give u all the answers :yep: They originally were WL, but I cut them to APL later.