I BC'd! Transition is over!!

Brownchiq

I am officially natural! MY SP says he loves it:2inlove:
I dont know how to feel as I dont know quite how to style it from day to day! Ive been transitioning for 12 months and have worn my hair flat ironed for most of the 12 months!
Now I want to liberate myself from the flat iron so I can wear my natural texture. I work out 5-6 day/ week and sweat out my hair daily so the straight look just was not cutting it!
So here is my wash and go and Id say my hair is about 75% dry in these photos.
I went to a haircuttery to get the ends lopped off! It was the worst experience as I was turned down by two stylists one asian and one black (they did not want to cut my hair curly. they wanted to blow dry it first and guess the relaxed areas :wallbash:) before one woman knew what I was talking about and could do it. I have been mini bc'ing for the entire 12 months so I only had 1 inch or less to cut.
I guided her with the scissors the entire time. I hate that I even spent $15!!:nono:
Anyways, relaxed ends all gone!

Any suggestion on how to style my hair daily? It took me about an hour this morning to co wash, add product and dry. I cant braid to save my life!

danigurl18

Congrats!!! I always cowash, put Direct Leave in, shake, and put on a headband. I keep it simple, especially in the morning.. HTH..

Brownchiq

THanks! I styled it like this last night as well and well this morning (after sleeping with it wrapped in silk scarf on satin pillow case) I was looking like "WHo shot ya".
Any suggestions on looking a bit better through the night or in the morning? My SO was looking at me like this :blush::perplexed:nono: this morning!
Where do you find those tight fitting handbands that I see alot of naturals wearing for their poofs!

DozenRoses99

Congrats on your BC! Your hair looks great!

I usually wear a boring bun most days, or I wear a twist out. Most of the ladies who wear wash-n-go's braid or twist their hair at night then unbraid/untwist in the morning to keep their hair fresh looking. Alternatively, they cowash every day to keep the look.

Afrobuttafly

Welcome to the dark side!!!! LOL Congratz. Girl you could do a twistout, shingling, bantu knot out, a rod/rollerset, a puff.. all of which have video tutorials.

Brownchiq

Welcome to the dark side!!!! LOL Congratz. Girl you could do a twistout, shingling, bantu knot out, a rod/rollerset, a puff.. all of which have video tutorials.

Im gonna try the shingling (looking for videos now) and the flexirod sets. I need something that I can sleep on, workout in, go back to work in and look half way decent. I can see myself maybe co-washing 2-3 times/ week.
Thanks for all of your help!

Brownchiq

Thanks!
Im looking through my texture and I think I may have some heat damage from the flat ironing through my transition :(
Crap, that is why my curl texture is random huh?

finickyone

Ooh pretty! That's some good growth for a 12 month transition. I am suppose to bc in October, but I don't think my hair is nearly your length! Congratulations!

FAMUDva

Congrats! Your progress is amazing!

I finally chopped this year too :) I didn't know about the other thread, so I'll be joining you all over there/