I Big Chopped!!!!

pbuckley

I love it! Went to Too Groovy and Tammy cut and styled it. I had a great experience there. She was very imformative: explaining the density of my stands, the type of products i should use, etc...and I can't wait to figure out new stlyes. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions on going to a natural salon instead of the Dominicans I am well pleased.

MixedBerry

All I want to do is drink and fuhk.
So wait, I thought a big chop was what someone does when they break away from "straight" hair to now embracing their natural texture...sans straitening???

Pretty hair but it's like, just a hair cut not a big chop per se. Iono <shrugs>

pbuckley

Thanks ladies!!!! Here's a pic of the back loving the layers.

I transitined for 15 months

I had to have it blow dried in order to get a precise cut or atleast that's the route the stylist took. I was sad not to be rocking a cute fro but I'm happy to have the relaxed ends gone. I'll be back soon with pics of curly hair soon :)

a_shoe_6307

LOVE IT!!!! :thumbsup:

And curly or not (not sure what all that was about) you took the final plunge & that's all that matters! YAY YOU!!!! :grin:

Last edited:

Theresamonet

Thanks ladies!!!! Here's a pic of the back loving the layers.

I transitined for 15 months

I had to have it blow dried in order to get a precise cut or atleast that's the route the stylist took. I was sad not to be rocking a cute fro but I'm happy to have the relaxed ends gone. I'll be back soon with pics of curly hair soon :)

Did she big chop first then blew it out? Or did she blow it out and then bc'ed?

I'm wondering how she was sure of where the demarcation line was if it was blown out.

pbuckley

Did she big chop first then blew it out? Or did she blow it out and then bc'ed?

I'm wondering how she was sure of where the demarcation line was if it was blown out.

She let me air dry first and then she cut the remaining relaxed ends off. I actually chopped off the majority of the relaxed ends myself a few days prior. But my hair was uneven so I decided to go to a salon to let them get the stragglers that I missed and even the cut out. Since I was dry she went ahead and blow dried my hair straight on a very light setting and then she did a pretty blunt cut and added layers.

Glamorous_chic

So wait, I thought a big chop was what someone does when they break away from "straight" hair to now embracing their natural texture...sans straitening???

Pretty hair but it's like, just a hair cut not a big chop per se. Iono <shrugs>

no, big chop just means cutting the relaxed hair and natural hair. has nothing to do rather she wants to wear her hair curly or straight. it's still a big chop, b/c now it is just her natural hair straightened.

congrats on the bc.

LongLeggedLife

This may be a little rude, but may I ask how much you were charged for the press& curl?
I ask b/c I find too groovy to be wack &overpriced, and I greatly prefer the dominicans....
Anyway, its a very cute lil bob, although I too was expecting something different.

God_Favor

Nice! There is no rule stating u only can wear hair in Afro state after the big chop. Naurtals can rock both with out time limits after the cut and it looks great!!!

sent from HTC EVO