I can't WAIT until my hair is BSL!!!

Kamilla16

I'm am soooo tired of people assuming that ALL BLACK GIRLS have short hair. Unless your "mixed with something" hair past your shoulders is unheard of where I'm from :nono:!! Just yesterday, a girl in my class asked, so how long is your hair again? (currently in kinky twist). I proceeded to show her on my body, and she said. "I don't remember it being that long!" Mind you this is a bi-racial girl, who prefers the other half and straighten's her hair everyday to hide her beautiful curly texture.... I was thinking in my head, your not the only one with hair! I just wish I could show everyone this site with beautiful heads of hair in EVERY texture. :yep:

Thanks for letting me vent today! That being said...I can't wait until my hair is a little longer. My haters are def. my motivation!

Lynnerie

I wouldn't even talk about hair with her. You just do you and prove them wrong with your progress!

bride91501

I live in the DC area, and even before the boards I saw black girls with REAL (read: not fake lol) long hair lol. I've just never been one of them :ohwell:

I have warned all of my good gfs that when I get to BSL, they may want to avoid me for a bit, b/c I plan to act a fool for a good little while. Maybe a good long while :lachen:

ms.blue

Don't even think about what that chick has to say plain and simple b/c she acts like hair doesn't grow.

EllePixie

I hate it when people (usually men) ask me things like, "So...if you straightened your hair how long do you think it would be?" And I look at them like :rolleyes: and tell them it doesn't really matter since I rarely straighten my hair anyway.

People are so nosy. It's one thing when we are on the boards obviously, because we are here to talk about hair, but IRL I'm like get out of my hair please and thank you!

Aireen

This is why I keep my hair and scalp visible, so EVERYONE can see that YES this dead mass grows from my SCALP. :lol: I have no time for silly comments and treat them as such that I hardly remember them if I happen to receive any.

Prudent1

This is why I keep my hair and scalp visible, so EVERYONE can see that YES this dead mass grows from my SCALP. :lol: I have no time for silly comments and treat them as such that I hardly remember them if I happen to receive any.
^^^I am just the opposite of that:lachen:. When ppl ask ignant type questions or make derogatory comments, I tell them they don't have the right to see my hair. That I treat my hair like I treat my body. I don't put my body parts on display for all to see, I'm not putting my hair on display for all to see. I don't need their approval to feel good about my hair. That usually shuts them up.:yep: If and when I feel like straightening my hair I do but they know they better not touch it!:brucelee:

Kamilla16

EXACTLY... Sad but true! people don't understand that just because I wear weave, doesn't mean I'm BALD!

Don't even think about what that chick has to say plain and simple b/c she acts like hair doesn't grow.
:grin:

People are so nosy. It's one thing when we are on the boards obviously, because we are here to talk about hair, but IRL I'm like get out of my hair please and thank you!
I know it! worry about why your hair is breaking from flat-ironing colored hair daily to get it "white girl" straight! :lachen:

I have warned all of my good gfs that when I get to BSL, they may want to avoid me for a bit, b/c I plan to act a fool for a good little while. Maybe a good long while :lachen:
I'm def gonna whip my hair :drunk:

Aireen

^^^I am just the opposite of that:lachen:. When ppl ask ignant type questions or make derogatory comments, I tell them they don't have the right to see my hair. That I treat my hair like I treat my body. I don't put my body parts on display for all to see, I'm not putting my hair on display for all to see. I don't need their approval to feel good about my hair. That usually shuts them up.:yep: If and when I feel like straightening my hair I do but they know they better not touch it!:brucelee:

Let 'em know and if it works for you go ahead, I ain't mad at cha! :lol:

EXACTLY... Sad but true! people don't understand that just because I wear weave, doesn't mean I'm BALD!

I know! :lol: I swear people these days in real life need some tact. There are some things you just don't say and/or don't need an answer to. :look: Except on a hair board LOL, do you! :look:

Carisa

I can't wait until my hair reaches bsl too OP - Most people just assume im bald headed anyways because I wear wigs alot.

JJamiah

^^^ Sometimes I educate people. Especially my friends. Others I just :look: at

Quite a few of my male friends talk about their SO's and didn't believe BW can have long hair under their LF/wigs.

I show them my pics I have these men talking hair lingo. LOL, A couple ordered a few LF for the women; recommend DC to their women and encourage them.
I had one brother say his SO took off her Hair Piece for the first time and her EDGES were bald he asked her to put it back on. I was like :nono:

After enough education her edges are growing back and she is taking better care of her hair.

I am kinda excited because I feel like I have helped atleast 4 men have a different point of view and they will come in contact with women and can educate them as well.

Freespirit02

I live in the DC area, and even before the boards I saw black girls with REAL (read: not fake lol) long hair lol. I've just never been one of them :ohwell:

Girl..I'm going to be Willow Smith up in this piece..whiping my head back in forth..hitting that dirty wine..all that! Don't be mad if I post my hair update three times..one in color,in black and white, and in antique! You don't want no problems!:yep:

davisbr88

I agree. I grew up in the metro area and I knew girls could have long hair but usually they were light-skinned, so everyone assumed they were mixed (even when we KNEW their parents were both black - "girl, you got a white great-great-grandma or somethin.") It was extremely rare to see a dark-skinned girl with long hair in my county. I can only name two or three. So I just assumed I couldn't, plus the fact that my hairstylist ASSURED me that my hair would never get past shoulder-length. :rolleyes:
But I'm with you OP. I can't wait to get this length and whip it around until I'm in a neck brace. And them I'm still gonna find a way to swing it, even if I gotta do it with my hands... lol. I tell everyone I meet that having really long hair is completely possible if you take care of it and when that day comes, the nonbelievers around me can be put to rest.

Last edited:

cmbodley

Love this thread! I recently had a moment & cut off my bob into a short do, waiting patiently for it to grow back so I can whip my hair with you guys!

ezina

I can't wait, too! APL is NOTHING, lol. Hopefully, by the time this stretch is over, I will be at least BSB...If I get to BSL, instead (which is the same as MBL on me), I don't know what I'd do, lol. I'll probably have my hair out for a week, and then go back to bunning straight to WL! And after that feat is done, I'll transition to natural. My mom asks me why all that work just to eventually go natural? I say that I enjoy the process and love a few good challenges. :grin:

Barbara

Princess
You will get a lot of stares, questions, and unwanted attention by friends, relatives, coworkers, strangers, and strange men, too. Trust me, I've been below bra clasp for years. It draws too much unwanted attention, even if it's worn in a protective style such as a bun which is 95 percent of the time.

What really gets me is friends who have been seeing me consistently for years have the nerve to ask me if my hair is a weave! :blush:

I have to pause before I respond, then I show them that it's my natural hair. I tell them: "Every strand grew from my scalp. There's nothing artificial added."

Last edited:

Kamilla16

I can't wait, too! APL is NOTHING, lol. Hopefully, by the time this stretch is over, I will be at least BSB...If I get to BSL, instead (which is the same as MBL on me), I don't know what I'd do, lol. I'll probably have my hair out for a week, and then go back to bunning straight to WL! And after that feat is done, I'll transition to natural. My mom asks me why all that work just to eventually go natural? I say that I enjoy the process and love a few good challenges. :grin:

I know.. I was a little disappointed with APL.. I'm aiming for BSB too, since BSL is MBL on me! I think I'll be happier when I'm Full APL, that may make a little difference. Hopefully BSL will be enough.. I'm loosing patience :nono:. I hope to have little set backs this year!

make_me_over

I don't really even get into hair talk in the real world because I get hype about it, then people start looking at me like I'm crazy. SMH...They just don't understand!

Carisa

Girl..I'm going to be Willow Smith up in this piece..whiping my head back in forth..hitting that dirty wine..all that! Don't be mad if I post my hair update three times..one in color,in black and white, and in antique! You don't want no problems!:yep:

:lachen:See I might be a lil more ignorant than that! Ima be walkin around in public jus giving random people all type of unsolicited advice about their hair ! And my hair will find a way into all conversations- no matter what the topic is- we will talk about my hair :lachen:

^^^ Sometimes I educate people. Especially my friends. Others I just :look: at

Quite a few of my male friends talk about their SO's and didn't believe BW can have long hair under their LF/wigs.

I show them my pics I have these men talking hair lingo. LOL, A couple ordered a few LF for the women; recommend DC to their women and encourage them.
I had one brother say his SO took off her Hair Piece for the first time and her EDGES were bald he asked her to put it back on. I was like :nono:

After enough education her edges are growing back and she is taking better care of her hair.

I am kinda excited because I feel like I have helped atleast 4 men have a different point of view and they will come in contact with women and can educate them as well.

Dang he told her to put it back on :lol: then :nono:. And these are very good points in this post- I never thought about educating men to reach women. Talking to men about hair may be better- at least they will share the advice with any women they date, their other girl friends, family members, random women ect! I will definely remember this tip for future references.

D.Lisha

OP, I feel ya. I can't wait for my time either =).
I meet so many ladies on the daily that are convinced that blk hair doesn't grow, and the only hope we have in getting long hair is if we do it artificially. Smh.....
To be, honest I never thought it was completely impossible to grow long hair, I always felt there was a method to it.....and what do ya know? I found out the method on lhcf ;D.
well; actually a variety of method that all gets to the same goal....long, healthy hair!

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I feel the same way. I can't wait to get to BSL because I consider that to be long hair and I can disprove all the nay-sayers. I am so sick of all the stupid questions I get in regards to my hair care or texture from black people and folks of other races. People saying I wash my hair too much or that I do too much work on it. *eye roll* All I do is wash it and put it in cornrows. lol
I will prove them wrong and so will you Kamilla! :)

joytimes10

Me too, OP. I can't wait! APL is not the biz at all for me..:( I NEED BSL. I'ma have it too. My goal is end of 2011.

TLC1020

I had a nice length few years ago and I loved every moment of it...Trying to get back there.. I am with u ladies ;)