I Caved and Texturized

MissMeWithThatIsh

I caved and texturized.
I know it's "my hair" but I will explain what happened.

As I've been growing out my kinks and curls, I've been having problems keeping my hair half presentable. Tying it down, gelling, wave grease, MTG/BT applications, all of these things became in vain when I began working out regularly.

I really didn't care if I was tacky looking in my own house ( I figured my hair would come into it's own and nobody would see me), but I have a job which will soon require my presence in front of a camera, I'm going to see family, and I just feel that the "tacky 1/2 and 1/2" feeling I was getting disturbed how I felt about myself and humidity. I wanted my texture, but I wanted LESS frizz, more manageability, possibly less shrinkage!

So after careful consideration, I remember that I had begun to use JFM texture softener, and I really liked it. My hair wasn't flat or tacky like Motions Herbal or Gentle Treatment or any other "any ole" relaxer made it.

I purchased it, and then put ALL of the oil in the mix, and COATED my hair with COCONUT OIL, applied it, and then waited 5 minutes. (SO walked in on me in the buff and was like... :perplexed "Why are you nude ?" and I explained it was so I can Jump into the shower at the 5 minute mark, which I did.

So far, so good. My hair still has volume (it's thick!) and it's natural texture is 95% intact without too many of the issues regarding drying. I even have my waves when wet and when dry in the front! (I used to always be BOOOOOOOOOONE STRAIGHT in the front, and loose wavy curls in the back).

I'll post pics later.

crizzbee

can't wait to see ur pics!! this is something i was considering for the future ( still short n sexy). so exited for u!

glamazon386

Everybody keeps talking about the JFM Texturizer and how good it is. I've looked at it a few times in the store since it came out. :scratchch But I can't bring myself to actually buy it and use it.

harrison

I've been thinking about trying that lately. I mentioned it to DH and he wasn't feeling the idea:nono::nono: He seems to like my hair this way.

Congrats!!

MissMeWithThatIsh

I've been thinking about trying that lately. I mentioned it to DH and he wasn't feeling the idea:nono::nono: He seems to like my hair this way.

Congrats!!

Thanks all!
Yea, SO likes the ability to make me look like a character out of Dragon Ball Z or at the very least a Thundercat.

My hair is his playground. :rolleyes:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
JFM is great. I used this and it lessened my curls a little. The only reason why I stopped using it was because I wanted to try ORS relaxer. It was stronger than JFM and straitened my hair more than I wanted. I'm debating on using it in the future. I loved how my hair had the wet look and I didn't need a lot of product for my wash n go.

Robin41

I'm considering texturizing myself. I'm having problems controlling the kinks and right now I'm just not in the mood to deal with it. Thanks for sharing your success story.

blue_flower

That's great everythings worked out! I like JFM Texture Softener and have used it twice. I had the same problem with my hair when I was natural. I considered transitioning, but I decided it would be better if I texturized and spaced out my touch ups.

Ms Lala

Everybody keeps talking about the JFM Texturizer and how good it is. I've looked at it a few times in the store since it came out. :scratchch But I can't bring myself to actually buy it and use it.

Please don't texturize your hair! It's so beautiful.

Ms Lala

I"m sorry natural didn't work out well for you. I wish I could have offered you more tips. I'm glad you like the texturized look you got though.

MissMeWithThatIsh

Hey.... Here are some pics, sorry they took long.
They're also not styled.
They're mostly wet out the shower... and then there are two dry shots inside of my car...

Lol. I'll make more later...

But as you can see, even though I still have shrinkage, there is still a small change in the amount of frizz I had.

Again, this was last year when I last texturized... I had just started using JFM but due to overprocessing with other brands, I used to have this when I texturized...

NOW... 8 months later (give or take some cuts and breakage) ...

DRY ( and literally unstyled... I woke up late :blush:)

MissMeWithThatIsh

thanks !

I may have over coated my hair and it might have underprocessed, but that's all good, because, if necessary, overtime, it'll calm down as I retouch. That's what usually happens.

But it leaves room to experiment!