I did it again....25 minute rollerset w/pics

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hey Ladies, thanks for all the advice you gave me about rollersetting. I tried it again on Monday and I was able to get my hair smoother by using to helpful tips I was given.

It took me about 25 minutes and I used fushia rollers I just bought over the weekend. I also bought some of those duckbill clips. I like those because I was able to connect the rollers together.:cool:

This time I started from the front and parted a section down the middle and went from there. I also had a squirt bottle full of water down setting lotion. I didn't add any setting lotion to my hair in the beginning. When my hair started to dry a little I would just squirt it with the setting lotion solution. Worked like a charm.:)

When I finally took the set down the curls were very nice. They just weren't 100% dry. Well some of them were. I know from now on I need to set a 2 hour block when I roller set my hair. I had to interrupt my drying because I had to take my daughter to a meeting. Oh well:ohwell:

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be about to roller set in less 30 minutes. It usually takes me a whole hour.:grin:

I put pics in my album. Rollerset pics

That's excellent. I always say that if I can repeat my success, it wasn't a flook.

Now that you mention it, I did my last rollerset in 35 minutes; that's a record for me. I want to see if I can repeat it...keeping fingers crossed.

It looks great! That's inspiration....I may have to try another rollerset. I'd given up b/c mine always came out looking like a mushroom :confused:

Dag girl. I wish I could do this. It looks like you already have it down to a science imo. Way to go. :up:

Thanks everyone! I shyed away from rollersets for years because it would always take me so long to do them. I don't know what changed?? Whatever it is, it is working!!
party39-vi.gif

I think I may make this part of my Saturday regemin..

Your results came out really nice and shiny! Was that because of the setting lotion or did you add some sort of oil or serum with the setting lotion?

Alli77 said:
Your results came out really nice and shiny! Was that because of the setting lotion or did you add some sort of oil or serum with the setting lotion?
Thanks!!

I didn't use anything but the leave in and setting lotion solution.

I have a clear cellophane rinse in my hair. That may contribute to the shine.

Your hair looks beautiful as usual DSD. I just purchased those rollers myself. I am anxious to relax next month so I can use mine!

Great job, as usual, DSD :)!! I wouldn't even play myself by trying one :grin:, but I think you have mastered the technique already :up:!

DSD ... I just looked at your "rollerset". That's looking really good!

GORGEOUS rollerset DSD!

I can't wait to pull out my magnetics & give it a try on my natural hair. Just hoping my look as gorgeous as urs! :cool:

DSD, did you do the cellophane rinse yourself? What brand did you use? Also, what setting leave in and setting lotion did you use for the roller set?

kitty18 said:
DSD, did you do the cellophane rinse yourself? What brand did you use? Also, what setting leave in and setting lotion did you use for the roller set?

Yes I did do it myself. I used Sebastians.

I used Mane 'n Tail as a leave in for this particular rollerset and I used very diluted lotta body setting lotion.

Back