I did it and I'm proud of myself..

lennet93

I know this may not sound like a big deal to most but for me it is, today I actually washed my own hair. I usually dont wash my own hair, I always go to the salon twice a week for a wash and rollerset but today I said what the heck and washed and conditioned my hair. I'm happy because when I used to do my own hair it always felt dry and brittle afterwards but not today it feels so soft and it actually feels thicker. Here's what I did I pre poo'd with suave herbal care conditoner and black castor oil, I mixed the two together and saturated my hair with it and put on a conditioning cap for about an hour. When I rinsed it out my hair felt so soft, then I shampooed with NTM and conditioned with Doo gro mega thick anti thinning conditioner( which I love). I sprayed some dove moisture mist on it let air dry a little then I used NTM silk touch, sealed with vatika oil and put my hair in two braids to air dry until it was about 75% dry. I took the braids out and let air dry completely. I think I can get used to this...now all I need to do is find an alternative to rollersetting because I cant rollerset to save my life..:)

Nice & Wavy

Well, I'm proud of you! Shoot, its not the greatest thing to do for some of us who have been doing it along time...LOL!!!

But, in time...you will learn to rollerset too, with ease!!!

Lady Esquire

congrats! it does feel good when you can acheive nice healthy hair at home. good for you. being dependent on a stylist is expensive, and it does not really give you a chance to really get to know, love, and understand your own hair. hope you keep doing it.

ciao!;)

tnorenberg

Congrats.:dance7: It feels so empowering when you can do these things for yourself w/ such great results. :) This way you can get reaquainted w/ your hair again. You two will be best buddies in no time.

tkj25

good for you! :D the less you have to rely on a stylist for basic hair care the better for you & your hair.

Sha76

bkgirl0816 said:
I know this may not sound like a big deal to most but for me it is, today I actually washed my own hair. I usually dont wash my own hair, I always go to the salon twice a week for a wash and rollerset but today I said what the heck and washed and conditioned my hair. I'm happy because when I used to do my own hair it always felt dry and brittle afterwards but not today it feels so soft and it actually feels thicker. Here's what I did I pre poo'd with suave herbal care conditoner and black castor oil, I mixed the two together and saturated my hair with it and put on a conditioning cap for about an hour. When I rinsed it out my hair felt so soft, then I shampooed with NTM and conditioned with Doo gro mega thick anti thinning conditioner( which I love). I sprayed some dove moisture mist on it let air dry a little then I used NTM silk touch, sealed with vatika oil and put my hair in two braids to air dry until it was about 75% dry. I took the braids out and let air dry completely. I think I can get used to this...now all I need to do is find an alternative to rollersetting because I cant rollerset to save my life..:)

I, for one, am very very proud of you.

my sis did not learn to do this until college. So don't feel bad about it. And it sounds like you did a good job.

Keedah

And think of how much money you are saving! Going to the salon twice a week for a year is a lot of money!!!

Hidden_Angel

:D No new discovery or learning how to do somthing on your OWN is never to little! everything can help teach, or make things better for you in the long run!!

I'm so happy for you

Desert Skye

Congrats! I too used to depend on the salon to do my hair because I was so clueless. That was 20 bucks a week. Not only that, my hair was being destroyed by them.You should be proud of yourself to taking charge.

Dont worry about the rollersetting. I used to think it was something that I would need to go to beauty school to learn but that is not the case.

locabouthair

LadyEsquire said:
congrats! it does feel good when you can acheive nice healthy hair at home. good for you. being dependent on a stylist is expensive, and it does not really give you a chance to really get to know, love, and understand your own hair. hope you keep doing it.

ciao!;)

I agree. since I have been doing my hair myself I am learning a lot about what my hair needs. Be proud of yourself girl! and I know serenity breeze airdries her hair and then used caruso steam rollers when her hair dry. maybe u can try that.