I did my perm today

Aniyasmommy

I gave myself a perm today Olive Oil ORS ....Anyway im so upset . My hair hasnt grown much at all. I stretched my relaxer to 8 weeks and I took Nutralite HSN vitamins every once in awhile . I also did the Aphogee Protein Treatment a few days ago and no growth...If it did grow than I cant tell.

I guess I got too cocky three months ago my hair was growing like wild . I was almost full APL and i was like imma go ahead and trim my ends ...I trimmed about a 1/2 inch like it was no big deal and i havent been able to grow that 1/2 inch back :nono: I was feeling myself too hard too because when i would walk i would see girls turning their heads checking out my length and you couldnt tell me nothing...Now Im mad my hair stopped growing.

The hair doesn't stop growing but it does have phases, two of which include a resting and shedding stage.

8 weeks isn't much time to conclude you hair hasn't made progress. Keep doing what you do and remember to be patient. ;)

Have you been taking pics. Maybe it has grown and you just can't tell. On average, two months is like an inch of growth.

Yeah, take some pics, you may be surprised. I thought the same thing after my last touch up until I looked at my pics from the previous relaxer. And some people's hair just grows slower in the winter months. I wouldn't feel too down, give it some time.

I havent taken any pics because i have no one to take the picture of my hair i see how some women take the pics with a digital camera so im going to buy a digital camera in the next couple of weeks. I have a webcam but i can only manage to take side shots . These 8 weeks of stretching felt more like 3 or 4 months to me for some reason

I havent taken any pics because i have no one to take the picture of my hair i see how some women take the pics with a digital camera so im going to buy a digital camera in the next couple of weeks. I have a webcam but i can only manage to take side shots . These 8 weeks of stretching felt more like 3 or 4 months to me for some reason

This just reminded me of something. The first four months I was at it this, I was constantly checking my hair, looking at the back of my hair. I met my goal, but made myself CRAZY in the process. Try to set a date to check length and stick to it. If you are watching it all the time, the time will creep and you may feel like you aren't progressing when you are. :grin:

Even if you didn't make any length progress that you can see, does your seem healthier or fuller? I'm sure you made some kind of progress. How much new growth did you have?

I don't think you should stress it. Just wait a bit. I know for me I don't make comparisons unless it's been at least 3 months. Most people grow 6 inches a year. I grow like 4-4.5. And like they said, your hair is probably in a resting stage. Wait it out. Stressing will only make it worse.

Back