I DID THE BIG CHOP!!!

Glib Gurl

Well, I done did it! After a week of drama with my family over my transitioning hair, I finally did the deed and got a big chop.

The stylist cut off about four inches of straight hair, leaving me with about 3.25 inches of natural hair. I have to admit that I wasn't prepared for how it looked when it was just a big puff. But then she did a wash and conditioning and my texture popped right out. We then did a twist out/flexirod set. The finished product is attached. (Sorry, don't know how to make it bigger.)

While it's shorter than I expected I think I will grow to really love it . . . right now I *like* it . . . looking forward to getting to know my hair even more and experimenting with different styles . . . suggestions (youtube videos, links, etc.) are welcome :grin:

ETA: More pics in post #44

Attachments

• GG Big Chop.jpg
    GG Big Chop.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:

glamazon386

Its cute Glib. :up: I went through similar drama with my family. I had to learn to ignore them. I just continue to do me. Have you decided how you're going to wear it to the shower?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Wow! I was just thinking about you and what you would decide! Congratulations‚ girly! :grin:

Glib Gurl

Its cute Glib. :up: I went through similar drama with my family. I had to learn to ignore them. I just continue to do me. Have you decided how you're going to wear it to the shower?

No, but I've got a few weeks to figure something out - lol!

Glib Gurl

I'm thinking a blown out fro or puff, just to really get your hair big and pi$$ folks off. That's just me though.

Congrats on the bigchop.

Hmmm...you might be onto something. LOL. But I really don't want my hair to be the focus. My parents are on FB so they will find out beforehand...just worried about my Grandma :look: No really. She is going to have a holy fit.

Glib Gurl

Thanks so much ladies! Now that I am out on the town with my makeup and earrings I am really feelin myself!

Klearli

That's cute! My favorite style when I only had a few inches was a bantu knot out. I LOVED it on my TWA. And if you feel like you don't have many style options, you can always use bobby pins to do things when you wear it like that.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

discodumpling

Whoa! To your family drama. After you explain to them why you are doing what you're doing take a deep breath and exhale! You are doing what is BEST for you! Have fun exploring your natural hair in 2012!