I don't feel like praying anymore

locabouthair

I hope I don't offend you ladies here. I believe in Jesus and I believe in God. I guess I have less faith when it comes to prayers. I do believe in giving God thanks.

I've prayed (along with others) in the past for people who were very sick. Me along with others prayed that they would be healed but they passed. Now of course I know I'm not the only one who experienced that.

The Bible says to believe in your heart that your prayers are answered but you pray without ceasing for the sick and they pass away. I guess what I'm trying to say is that God has other plans. I feel like what's the point in praying when ultimately God will decide what he wants to do.

I understand that I'm probably coming across as negative and a debbie downer and maybe that's the mood I've been in lately.

I'm not angry at God. I guess I dont feel like praying for things except to give thanks. Thoughts?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm not offended at all.

You're just tired and you'll get over it. Just surrender it all to God and allow His love to bring you through.

You're exhausted; one's flesh can take but so much. So, rest in God's love and just forget about everything around you. Just rest and allow God to show you His best that He will always have for you and give you.

:bighug:

Just Rest... :Rose:

LifeafterLHCF

locabouthair Baby even when you can't say anything God still hears your groans and moans..I have been in your spot and am going through similar. We all get tired and that is why the church as it's suppose to be should be encouraging you and helping you refresh when you are low. We are suppose to edify and exhault one another in ordrer for us to keep going. I believe firmly that even though we may pray for something God's response isn't always what we pray for because it's better. Like I will be a bit open. I prayed for God to let me die many of nights. I was soo serious and was mad when God let me wake up again. Thank God he didn't answer that. If you need encouragement please pm me..I'm here and wanting to edify my sister.

auparavant

Praying isn't only a request, it's communicating with G-d, checking in with your Creator, from time to time. You can certainly ask Him and believe that He will deliver, but we also ought realize that He never promised to take away our problems. He promised to be with us during our problems. Sometimes He heals, sometimes He does not. He did this on earth - sometimes answering and healing people, sometimes not. We don't know how G-d will answer our prayers, but we can take the opportunity to thank Him for what we already have, even the bad that might have given us greater faith. We can also just say, "I believe in You," "hello, G-d." That is also a prayer. Don't give up, keep talking to Him.

The best thing any of us could do is read scripture and be edified. It answers our questions, puts our minds at ease, encourages us, consoles us in times of grief and disappointment and educates us for this long haul of life.

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

You know, in Jewish and catholic tradition, you pray for those who have already passed. Why? Those prayers are not only for the soul, they are for the living. Pray is so very valuable...I think it's right up there near with human life, grace and salvation. And for those who do not receive healing, your faith to believe and your communication with G-d in love are also valuable for those we never even knew of. G-d wastes no sincere prayer and no tear.

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

Also, prayer can be very simple. It doesn't have to be this big dramatic thing. Remember, God sees the heart. One of my favorite prayers is "Jesus, I trust in You." Reading the psalms (as in the Liturgy of the Hours) can be a prayer. "Out of the depths of my soul I CRY to You!" (Psalm 130). The beautiful thing about prayer is God is patiently waiting for us to talk to Him. He's always there, waiting. Sometimes, I just pour out my heart to God like I'm talking to a friend. Don't give up on prayer but try to change your mindset about what you think prayer has to be.

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

locabouthair Baby even when you can't say anything God still hears your groans and moans..I have been in your spot and am going through similar. We all get tired and that is why the church as it's suppose to be should be encouraging you and helping you refresh when you are low. We are suppose to edify and exhault one another in ordrer for us to keep going. I believe firmly that even though we may pray for something God's response isn't always what we pray for because it's better. Like I will be a bit open. I prayed for God to let me die many of nights. I was soo serious and was mad when God let me wake up again. Thank God he didn't answer that. If you need encouragement please pm me..I'm here and wanting to edify my sister.

Ps 56:8-10
Thou numberest my wanderings: Put thou my tears into thy bottle; Are they not in thy book? Then shall mine enemies turn back in the day that I call: This I know, that God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word.

He cares about out tears :cry: What an awesome God.

locabouthair

Praying isn't only a request, it's communicating with G-d, checking in with your Creator, from time to time. You can certainly ask Him and believe that He will deliver, but we also ought realize that He never promised to take away our problems. He promised to be with us during our problems.

This is exactly what I mean. I continue to give thanks for my blessings but that's it. I have things I worry about but don't pray about it because I feel like I'm praying in vain.

I do need to read the scripture more. Thanks for the replies. Maybe I will feel better in a few days, idk.

auparavant

But prayer IS communicating...nobody said you had to feel a certain way about it. This walk is not about jumping for joy every second. Any thought toward G-d where you depend upon Him, that's a communication. He wants to hear from you, no matter how you feel and He wants you to tell him all what you've told us. :yep::yep::yep:

ksimmi82

Tell God exactly how you feel...by pouring out your heart to Him you are strengthening your relationship with Him. God can handle all your doubt, anger, fear and questions...it is possible to trust God but feel despair at the same time. In the times when you feel God has hidden His face from you, focus on who He is...His unchanging nature and that He has a good plan for your life.