I dont get it. How does this girl have such nice hair???

mona_cherie

you need a science report to explain the physical differences you see in every white, hispanic, and asian woman's hair in comparison to the average black woman's hair?

what is the point of this denial, seriously? enlighten me. im just wondering if this argument is motivated by such low self esteem that people feel better to pretend that its somehow coincidence that generally all black people have coarse kinky hair whereas other races of people do not. why does that make people feel so bad about themselves that they perpetuate delusions? why does admitting that black people have kinky hair MAKE PEOPLE HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM? srsly. it is so lost on me. i guess i shouldnt be surprised because its the same kind of crap that makes fat people deny that their fat is the cause of their health issues. you know what i mean?

its so pathetic to see this on this board over and over, though.

You sound like you have low self esteem by saying this girl has to be mixed to have her hair.

mischka

shrinkage.
You sound like you have low self esteem by saying this girl has to be mixed to have her hair.

sorry boo, it doesnt make me feel any lesser to admit that as a black woman, my drier, kinkier hair is harder to maintain, but thank you for excellently illustrating my point. the inferiority complex you people have when it comes to the white race is sad. its as if you believe everything white is automatically better and the best, so anything that deviates from what occurs amongst whites is automatically bad. therefore, you cant bear to admit something about you is different from whites because to you it is the exact same thing as admitting you are inferior.

for the record, i never said she HAD to be mixed to have longer hair. i said, "this girl is clearly mixed" and i said "since she CONFIRMS that she is mixed, it is pathetic to somehow try to deny her her own heritage."

god, so disgusting.

Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

Once more, with feeling:

mona_cherie

sorry boo, it doesnt make me feel any lesser to admit that as a black woman, my drier, kinkier hair is harder to maintain, but thank you for excellently illustrating my point. the inferiority complex you people have when it comes to the white race is sad.

for the record, i never said she HAD to be mixed to have longer hair. i said, "this girl is clearly mixed" and i said "since she CONFIRMS that she is mixed, it is pathetic to somehow try to deny her her own heritage."

god, so disgusting.

Harder to maintain does not equal impossible to maintain, "boo." I don't see that she is "clearly mixed." No one is denying her her heritage. You are clearly pretty ignorant.

mischka

shrinkage.
i forgot pointing out whites have straight hair and blacks dont is such an inflammatory statement so as to be flame baiting

HOW UTTERLY PATHETIC.

nappystorm

lol, i just wanna know where you got this "genetic fact" from (no shade, but if its a fact you should have references to back it up)...

its all about how you take care of your hair, regardless of race or type...i've seen plenty of black people with moisturized hair, and white ppl with dry arse birds nests soooo...
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I do too. I have a family full of MBL-WL 4b/c's. My hair is one of the shortest.

mischka

shrinkage.
Harder to maintain does not equal impossible to maintain, "boo." I don't see that she is "clearly mixed." No one is denying her her heritage. You are clearly pretty ignorant.

who said anything about anything being impossible to maintain? READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

iri9109

you need a science report to explain the physical differences you see in every white, hispanic, and asian woman's hair in comparison to the average black woman's hair?

what is the point of this denial, seriously? enlighten me. im just wondering if this argument is motivated by such low self esteem that people feel better to pretend that its somehow coincidence that generally all black people have coarse kinky hair whereas other races of people do not. why does that make people feel so bad about themselves that they perpetuate delusions? why does admitting that black people have kinky hair MAKE PEOPLE HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM? srsly. it is so lost on me. i guess i shouldnt be surprised because its the same kind of crap that makes fat people deny that their fat is the cause of their health issues. you know what i mean?

its so pathetic to see this on this board over and over, though.

if you cant prove it, then its an inference, not a fact :lachen:...im not in denial over straighter hair sometimes being easier to manage, but it has nothing to do with race...and what's really pathetic to see on this board over and over is how you go so hard to put down black people, even though you're black. :look:

mischka

shrinkage.
if you cant prove it, then its an inference, not a fact :lachen:...im not in denial over straighter hair sometimes being easier to manage, but it has nothing to do with race...and what's really pathetic to see on this board over and over is how you go so hard to put down black people, even though you're black. :look:

:lachen:

i quit

i hope yall come to terms with yall blackness one day

and i dont put down black people, i put down losers. sometimes it just so happens to come as a combo.

nappystorm

I had a white roomie with type 2ish hair. Her hair was not easier to manage. There is no way I could round brush and blow dry every 2 days. She was asking me for hair tips :lol:

mischka

shrinkage.
I had a white roomie with type 2ish hair. Her hair was not easier to manage. There is no way I could round brush and blow dry every 2 days. She was asking me for hair tips :lol:

if she could round brush and blow every two days without having neck length hair, her hair was easier to manage.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

:lachen:

i quit

i hope yall come to terms with yall blackness one day

and i dont put down black people, i put down losers. sometimes it just so happens to come as a combo.

Ma'am, excuse me....

how can you go on and on about African-Americans and their inferiority complex, then make the statement "...and i don't put down black people, i put down losers. sometimes it just so happens to come as a combo".

GTFOH... sister, you need a reality check, a swift kick in the arse, and then another reality check.

How dare you bring your "SUPERIOR" behind in here and make these statements AND then contradict everything by making a less than negative statement...

wait, I guess that makes you one of the losers too... carry on with your ratchetness....

mona_cherie

who said anything about anything being impossible to maintain? READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

So is writing ;)

Again, the only one here who seems to have an inferiority complex is you. Everything you direct at other board members is quite obviously, from your posts, a direct reflection of how you feel about your own blackness, your hair, yourself. You seem to have very low self esteem.

Anyway, LaurenMechelle has beautiful hair whether quadroon, octoroon, Creole, mulatto, Black, coolie,cablinasian, hybrid, gumbo, mutant.....Whatever. Nice hair, and good for her for finding what works for her :)

appplecidder

and that girl is clearly mixed, even without her having to confirm it herself. (and how yall just gone dismiss THIS WOMAN HERSELF saying shes mixed and say "yeah whatever" like it doesnt matter? how pathetic is that?) yes we all have some white in our lineage somewhere but you can tell from pictures when she was a child that she has large percentages of non-white ancestry in her immediately lineage (ie her mother is most likely biracial).

i have no idea why the women on this forum are so terrified of admitting that other races of women have looser hair that grows longer easily AS A DIRECT RESULT OF BEING STRAIGHTER. seriously, why are you people so afraid to acknowledge that? if youre trying to prove black people arent more inferior than anyone else youre doing a really poor job of it if your sense of self is so weak and tenuous you cant even acknowledge basic truths about genetics.

Yasss alll of this go in..

Sent from my MB200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Beautytalk69

So its ok for ppl to say things like "black don't crack" etc. But as soon as someone says non black ppl hair grows faster and retains more length its a problem? Look around, can u deny that mixed ppl hair tend to be longer? I'm surround by mixed ppl everyday..good friends,step child and family who are mixed..and can't deny my life experiences.

MrsMe

:nono:
Imma need y'all to use this

We have a bad case of trolling on our hands. This troll sounds too familiar...

knt1229

This thread is hilarious. I really don't understand how people on this board take some of these YT'ers so seriously. Based on this girl's answer on her FAQ page she isn't mixed. At least not recently....LOL. Her family tree sounds like many AA's and I don't consider that mixed. Shoot me...IDC. :shrug:

Also, LHCF is about generalized healthy hair practices. This board is not the end all be all to proper hair care. But it does provide some general guidelines to follow. That doesn't mean that if you choose to treat your hair differently it wouldn't retain length. Nor does it mean that you will retain length by doing everything the LHCF way.

Some of you seem to think that LHCF rules are all or nothing. Calm down and chill out. It's not that serious. People who never find LHCF can still have long hair that looks great.

And another thing ..... being mixed or having a certain hair textures is not a guarantee of long hair. Just like having type 4 hair isn't a guarantee of having short hair. I have never had a problem growing my type 4 hair and I have never done anything complicated or extreme to my hair. Even as a LHCF member I keep it simple and do what works for me.

Solitude

People have to find something. She's relaxed, she uses heat, and she doesn't protective style. Her hair is gorgeous and it's the exact look and length that is my goal. Makes me wish I would have never started stretching and texlaxing. All that did was lead to breakage. My hair was so much easier to manage when it was bone straight.

PinkyPromise

I just wanted to say. .

Whites, Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans tend to have less kinkier hair than African Americans. As we all know, sebum is a natural moisturizer for the hair, and the more moisturized our hair is the more it tends to grow. Because these women have straighter hair/looser curl patterns it is easier for the sebum to travel down the hair shaft and for their hair to stay moisturized and grow faster.

I'm pretty sure that this contributes to the fact of this girls hair being like it is and growing like it does. She probably has a looser curl which was inherited due to her ethnic background. In regards to her sisters hair, she is NOT her sister and has a whole different set of genes and that is probably why HER hair is like it is.

Her hair to me is average at best. It's plenty of women who aren't "mixed" that have hair that's thicker and wayyy longer than this girls'.

BraunSugar

she is mixed, for any who care to know , it says so in her FAQ's section of her website.

Here i copied and pasted it. 1. Are you mixed?

There are a whole bunch of ethnicities represented in my family tree, but it’s nothing so simple as “My mom is white and my dad is Black”. I have Spanish, French, Cherokee, White, Black, and Bahamian blood running through my veins, and those are just the ones I know about!

I think she, like a lot of people, confuses race & ethnicity. That had nothing to do with what you all are talking about so carry on. :lol:

iri9109

She probably has a looser curl which was inherited due to her ethnic background.

she probably has a looser curl which was inherited due to dr. miracles. :look:

i'm not even fully understanding why people are bringing race up in relation to her curl pattern/texture when it's been chemically altered.

PinkyPromise

she probably has a looser curl which was inherited due to dr. miracles. :look:

i'm not even fully understanding why people are bringing race up in relation to her curl pattern/texture when it's been chemically altered.

Relaxers don't have anything to do with genetics. I think people are bringing up race/ethnicity because it contributes to hair growth. Hence why people think her hair grows fast because she's "mixed".