I dont know what to do...:(

Amarech

OK well I was supposed to give myself a touchup today or tomorrow but I won't be doing that after all.

I got a lot of good pointers and tips from my earlier thread about prepping for a relaxer. However last night I noticed some things that have got me kinda worried and a little confused.

I decided to give my hair a once over to see where the different textures were and overall condition of my hair. The hair on my crown area was about 4 inches long. I don't remember it ever being that short which led me to believe that my hair is weak.

But when I do random strand tests the results are mixed. Some strands are really weak and some are really strong. One thing was consistent: All of my strands were stronger nearer to the root. Breakage overall has decreased since I started using Joico and stopped using PM.

Maybe I'm in a panic. I don't know if I should wait it out until Jan, go back to no lye (now) or proceed cautiously with lye (now).

I know that I did some damaging things to my hair this summer so maybe thats where the breakage and weakness is coming from. The stronger area of my strands have been relaxed with lye relaxer so it can't be too bad, right?

Plus I don't want to go back to the dryness of no lye. Moisture wise, my hair has never been better, but I'm wondering if the lye is just too harsh?

I really don't know what to do. My last relaxer was in Sept. My new growth is manageable.

Help!

Amarech

Vitale lye (no mix). I've used Vitale since 2001 but I've only been using the lye form since this summer (june 07):perplexed

gymfreak336

Okay, this is what I would do. Since your newgrowth is managable, I would Deep condition 2 more times before I relax. I would then add a little oil to the relaxer, a little olive maybe. I would also do the mid protien step before neutralizing.

Amarech

Thanks so much gymfreak. That sounds like a good idea. I really don't want to give up lye relaxers, I think I just have to be extra careful. I also did some LHCF searches on lye relaxers and found some info to quiet some of my fears.

I think everything will be OK:yep:

gymfreak336

Thanks so much gymfreak. That sounds like a good idea. I really don't want to give up lye relaxers, I think I just have to be extra careful. I also did some LHCF searches on lye relaxers and found some info to quiet some of my fears.

I think everything will be OK:yep:

You will be fine. I need to touch up Monday or Tuesday..can't take this 3 texture thing going on so I used my Kpak hydrator last night.

Amarech

You will be fine. I need to touch up Monday or Tuesday..can't take this 3 texture thing going on so I used my Kpak hydrator last night.

Girl, who you tellin?:grin:
I think Joico is the only reason why I've been able to manage my 3 textures. It had me thinking about stretching for a hot minute!!!

Thanks again:):grin:

sometimes you just need a little reassurance:yep: