I dont know which direction to go?? (long rnt)

BeautifulNameX

Ok, so I been natural for 4 years, and I feel like being natural got me no where. When I first found LHCF in 2004 I grew my relaxed neck length hair well past my shoulders. Everything went down hill in 06 when my big sis (she did my relaxers at that time) said I need to learn to do them myself and told me to uses the milder form of vitale life and body instead of regular and I did, it was so mild I didnt think it took and two weeks later I put the Vitale Mo'body regular which is a little stronger than regular life and body. I used the box (no lye) I didn't know the difference because It has a lye version that sold serperatly I just thought it was a convient kit didnt even see no lye and I poured activator on my head and relaxed.

It didnt do extreme damage my hair was real dry and just not the same. . soo like a year of two later in 08 I just decided to BC and go natural. Its been ok. My hair has been growing at a regular pace. I feel like I really cant manipulate it as often as I was my relaxed hair. (id do daily co washes and buns a lot and my hair thrived) All I do now is wash it weekly DC corn row it and wear wigs. When I was wearing my natural hair out in a puffy last summer when it was longer I felt soooo unsafe like was far as it being damaged from being out in elements. IDK.

I was in the store staring at the relaxers for like an hour I was gone get one but I didnt want to make an impulsive decision so I said ima make a post. I perfer straight hair. I had re BC'd in FEB because of salon heat damage to like three inches (she didnt know what she was doing, normally dosnt use heat protectants I came prepared. She and a new stylist were having a discussion and she said yeea you cant get natural hair straight with out marcels ceramic heat is artificial heat and wont cut it -i know thats wrong because I can press my own hair with my FHI and get salon rexults) She hot combed it and ran the marcel iron in it mass times re heating. The press only lasted like two days if that. and I just said FML im re BCing. . .

Oh and I straightened (maxi glide) a bang because I was bord on freshly washed air dried hair it was straight but that section is split heaven now. . . Yes I used like every heat protection I have. Ill show you a pic and you can sorta see my natural texture.

But yea today I was on the verge of buying a relaxer but I have strong reason for going natural because at the time I BC'd I was working at the hairstore and pregnant ladies would tell me like I cant relax while im pregnant. and then I'd see soo many old ladies look at wigs and say they went bald from years of relaxers. . . I DON't know what I want to do what direction I want to take. all I want is long hair. . IDK. Im tired of wearing wigs. . . I cant do twist and stuff. . . . IDK WHERE should I go frm hear? I want to relax but the the pregnancy thing (and i just got married so thats an issue) Im just torn. . .
That bang and u can see my natural hair too. I washed it the day before the pic and put plats in it to air dry because I was goinig to do the usual corn rown and wig thing. . . I just dont know what to do wit my hair

kblc06

If you want to take a break and wear it straight for a while, then just press it :). That's the beauty of natural hair. You can manipulate it tons of different ways and when you want to, just wash it to get your original texture back. Just be sure to use heat protectant and don't manipulate your hair too harshly. I promise after a week of wearing it straight, you will be so happy to see those coilies, curlies, and luscious naps- I know I usually am :yep:.

That bang and u can see my natural hair too. I washed it the day before the pic and put plats in it to air dry because I was goinig to do the usual corn rown and wig thing. . . I just dont know what to do wit my hair

BeautifulNameX

My press wont last for nothing, I even use sabino moisture block plus other humidity block they last like never longer than two days. And I get mad like what a waste of heat usage.

AlliCat

You mentioned you can get salon results with your FHI and your pic speaks for itself. You had a bad experience with relaxers in the past and you have several reasons why you want to remain natural. So I think you should stay natural

BeautifulNameX

Foreal Im just tired of dealing with it. I really want a stylist that I can go to regularity and get sew ins and a healthy press (every now and then) but after the incident with the press and heat damage. . . scratch that thought. And all the ones I talked to have this attitude like don't tell me how to do my job.. . and Im like dude its my hair that I been growing for like 8 years Im paying you. . . So I feel like its me against the world. And I cant do any styles at all except straightn and fro puff back with a head band. (I can corn row good enough for it to be hidden under the wigs)

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

OP what about braids for a year... kinky twists or something in which you don't have to stress about your hair for a while

maybe the crown & glory method if you can get a hand of braiding

but another option (i will be doing) is mini twists... you have the option of washing, cowashing, conditioning them and moisturizing... use a headband when the front gets frizzy and keep it moving

(i also love the twist and rod kimmay does) but i think you need something to last a month at a time

BeautifulNameX

You mentioned you can get salon results with your FHI and your pic speaks for itself. You had a bad experience with relaxers in the past and you have several reasons why you want to remain natural. So I think you should stay natural

Yea, I think thats what I'm leaning towards thanks. But at the same time I go to the hair care aslie and its a little voice in my head telling me like AHHH

BeautifulNameX

OP what about braids for a year... kinky twists or something in which you don't have to stress about your hair for a while

maybe the crown & glory method if you can get a hand of braiding

but another option (i will be doing) is mini twists... you have the option of washing, cowashing, conditioning them and moisturizing... use a headband when the front gets frizzy and keep it moving

(i also love the twist and rod kimmay does) but i think you need something to last a month at a time

I never heard of mini twists until now (I youtubed it) I could probally do that myself. Are you doing yours your self or getting them professionally done? Do most people get them done or do them their selves? How long can you keep them in?

kellistarr

My advice would be to chill, wash your hair, condition and cornrow it and put the wig on for a while. You just need to take a break from your hair and stop worrying about it. While you're taking time out, you might want to learn how to do some hairstyles. Stop telling yourself you can't do it and learn it. You get better with practice and time. The relaxer is not the answer to your problems and wearing your natural hair is just that. Natural hair isn't supposed to do anything for you except sit atop your head. If you want it to thrive you're going to have to dedicate a few practitces to it. The first is to accept it as it is and the second is committing to working with it.

Think about your choices. Relaxing or Natural. Relaxing means working with your hair. Natural means working with your hair. Which is better for you and your mentality and your lifestyle? Take your time to make your decision and then feel good about it.